What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday night games to return in 2018 despite underwhelming crowd figures in Sydney

BuffaloRules

Coach
Didn't Grant sign off on the 6pm Friday night game before Greenberg was appointed?

Just trying to get the pitchfork brigade honed in on the right target to whinge about...

Of course our old mate Smith agreed to the Thursday night game

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
The state of Greenburg defending 6pm games. Crowds were shit and I can't remember any of them being at least an average quality game.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to try to get to Homebush at 6pm on a Friday, you can barely get from Rhodes to Homebush in an hour.

Last Week

Bench
I could totally understand whoring out the top grade for TV if it benefited the junior grades and Australia more. But the NRL is just a TV show made for Nine.

The commission really needs to do some soul searching and reaffirm what the NRL is. Is it a sporting competition for people to watch the premiere rugby league competition in the world? Or is it just a TV show for channel nine and fox to make money from.

The NRL is hardly fan friendly. Kick off times being the sticking point. So if the commission is willing to sacrifice the fans for the TV money, what on earth are they doing with it to benefit the sport?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the avg for the Friday 6pm games was 11,175 (excl GF game). A loss to clubs of around $4.2million in gate and other fan spending revenue based on overall avg.
What was the Thursday night avg?

Last Week

Bench
It was said by the sheep who support them.

So the sport is dictated by the media companies? Nothing changed then. No independence at all.

Yes, you did say all this years ago. Well done.

But you didn't say it because you are all knowing, you said it because you're a miserable hopeless being who is fond of having a whinge.

It's easy to find fault and death ride. If the commission was doing well, you'd still be bitching about something else.

They will never be perfect and get it all right.

Yes, you did say all this years ago. Well done.

But you didn't say it because you are all knowing, you said it because you're a miserable hopeless being who is fond of having a whinge.

It's easy to find fault and death ride. If the commission was doing well, you'd still be bitching about something else.

They will never be perfect and get it all right.
I said it because any merkin knew it would happen.

The fact you didn't just means you're not real bright. And just like all the other circle jerkers you've been shown up as having no f**king idea. All that wanking over the commission and now the whole world knows how f**king useless they are.

Feel like a twat? You should. Being so wrong for so long is pretty embarrassing. Saying those that were right all along were only right because they got all the pesky facts right is even more so. And saying "they can"t get everything right" as if they get anything right is just pitiful. If only all of the facts were completely the opposite you and the other circlers would be right. Hahahahahahahaha.

Card Shark

Immortal
I like Thursday night footy because:

a) I get to watch NRL;
b) that time slot is prime time & brings in massive $ to the game.

siv

First Grade
Friday 6pm crowds were the worse, Thursdays not great but not as bad as the early Friday as a rule. I cant see why you cant at least make it a 6:30pm KO Friday on Fox and have a bit of an overlap with the live game. Fox can show the none game on slight delay. They don't have a problem doing this for AFL.

Warriors should be playing every home game on a Friday, sucks for them but chuck them some money to help them get fans in. There's 12 of the games sorted.

Thursday is rating very well for Nine sadly so it isn't going anywhere for five years! There are no solutions to Thursday nights, doesn't matter who or where they are played they are drawing about 25-40% less fans, only hope is the lowest drawing games get sacrificed into these slots next year but good luck convincing nine of that.

I have a solution for ThNF its called a VCR

Then I watch the games when I want to

siv

First Grade
So the avg for the Friday 6pm games was 11,175 (excl GF game). A loss to clubs of around $4.2million in gate and other fan spending revenue based on overall avg.
What was the Thursday night avg?

But we had inflated crowd figures.

Like the Dragons game at the SCG lucky to have had 5000 there

mave

Coach
Friday 6pm crowds were the worse, Thursdays not great but not as bad as the early Friday as a rule. I cant see why you cant at least make it a 6:30pm KO Friday on Fox and have a bit of an overlap with the live game. Fox can show the none game on slight delay. They don't have a problem doing this for AFL.

Warriors should be playing every home game on a Friday, sucks for them but chuck them some money to help them get fans in. There's 12 of the games sorted.

Thursday is rating very well for Nine sadly so it isn't going anywhere for five years! There are no solutions to Thursday nights, doesn't matter who or where they are played they are drawing about 25-40% less fans, only hope is the lowest drawing games get sacrificed into these slots next year but good luck convincing nine of that.

So wankers like you can then spend your days whinging that no-one shows to Brookie or Shark Park, etc, etc at 8pm Thurs night ?

Lmao. How convienient.

sure ....
you being a back peddling muddled up F wit is no surprise to anyone either
do you even know what the term independant in the commission title means you whining old mole ?
The term is "back-pedalling" you dopey f**k. And you're the one doing it because you've been talking shit again. I never said the commission said there would be no dictating by media companies and you, as usual, couldn't comprehend this. Still saying I said this? Or back-pedalling?

BuffaloRules

Coach
The state of Greenburg defending 6pm games. Crowds were shit and I can't remember any of them being at least an average quality game.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to try to get to Homebush at 6pm on a Friday, you can barely get from Rhodes to Homebush in an hour.

There is a contract in place for the Friday 6pm game for the next 5 years which he inherited...

Just curious how you think he should comment publicly on this matter? I doubt bagging it will achieve anything...

Raiderdave

First Grade
The term is "back-pedalling" you dopey f**k. And you're the one doing it because you've been talking shit again. I never said the commission said there would be no dictating by media companies and you, as usual, couldn't comprehend this. Still saying I said this? Or back-pedalling?

hahahaha
Ive been talking shit ?

this coming from the biggest sack of horse shit on these forums
You make PR look like a reasonable quietly spoken chap with neutral views on all topics
you are a sad
bitter
twisted
nuffie , who knows nothing about anything & contributes nothing but vitriol , & unbased , unresearched , uninformed criticism of the NRL & ARLC

now I asked you this once before
did you apply for a job with either of the above & get laughed at ?
me thinks you most certainly did ! : )

Last edited: