What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Simona to be deregistered.

SBD82

Coach
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-04-12/inglis-avoids-conviction-over-assault/2588838

So guilty of assault. Sydney knight was right. Dunno what you call it up there but it sounds as good as a s10 down here. Guilty no conviction. What do you think it is?

I'm not sure, Never worked in Mexican courts, but that's not what you said before. You said that he accepted that he recklessly injured her, which is not what happened.

I know it's semantics, but in law semantics are kind of important.

Rabbits20

Immortal
except that it doesnt

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...l/news-story/39b6a6fd1ba03acc596f448f57b26660

The Australian

Tim Simona’s time at Wests Tigers was coming to an end but it is his career in the NRL itself which is now under threat after an investigation by the integrity unit led to allegations he breached the code’s stringent gambling edict.

While both the NRL and the Wests Tigers were tight-lipped last night, it is understood Simona was broached by the integrity unit over allegations he made a series of small bets on games involving both his club and others in the premiership.

There were suggestions the NRL had received a tip-off by police. Regardless, Simona could have his contract deregistered by the NRL as they continue their hardline stance on gambling by their players and officials.

There were also suggestions he was putting bets on himself to be the first tryscorer and may have been using another person’s account to place the wagers.

Two years ago, The Weekend Australian revealed that a sweeping review of gambling across the code had resulted in a handful of NRL players being sanctioned. The most prominent was former Manly winger David Williams, who was banned for a large chunk of the 2014 season after he was found to have bet on games he was playing in.

Simona has been given time to answer the allegations before a final decision is made on any sanctions by head of integrity Nick Weeks. He then has the right to appeal.

“The NRL today issued a notice of intention to cancel the registration of Wests Tigers player Tim Simona,” the NRL said in a statement. “The notice relates to alleged breaches of the rules relating to gambling on NRL matches. Simona will now be prohibited from training or playing with the club until the matter is finalised.

“He will be given a chance to respond to the allegations before a final determination is made.”

The Tigers said: “Wests Tigers have been made aware that player Tim Simona is currently under investigation by the NRL integrity unit in regards to allegations of breaches of the rules relating to gambling on NRL matches.”

Allegations of Simona’s gambling woes come after a pre-season in which all clubs and players were reminded of their responsibilities under the game’s code of behaviour, which states that players and officials may not directly or indirectly be involved in gambling or the provision of information.

It also shapes as an unnecessary distraction for the club and its coach Jason Taylor, who has enjoyed an off-season of serenity in comparison to last year’s dramas surrounding his relationship with former captain Robbie Farah.

While Simona is prohibited from training or playing with the club, Tigers officials sought permission from the NRL to allow their welfare staff to remain in touch with the 25-year-old Samoan international.

“Our concerns at the moment lie with the welfare of Tim,” Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said.

Simona had been offered to a handful of clubs in recent weeks as the Tigers looked to free up some money under the salary cap, among them the Gold Coast.

It is understood the Titans showed an initial interest but eventually dropped off after doing background checks on the centre, who has made 79 appearances in first grade for the Tigers since making his debut in 2011.

They were, however, unaware of any gambling issues with the Tigers back. Their cooling of interest has proved to be a blessing in disguise given events yesterday.

They may turn out to be a blessing as well for the Tigers given the club is in the throes of attempting to retain a handful of big-name players including the big four James Tedesco, Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks and Aaron Woods.

Off-season recruit Jamal Idris had already been earmarked to fill Simona’s centre spot and if he is deregistered, it will free up money to throw at their crucial quartet.

The players union said they would continue to support Simona through the process.

“Like any integrity related issues, if a player is found to have breached the rules it is important that he takes responsibility for his actions and is held accountable,” Rugby League Players Association CEO Ian Prendergast said.
Well alien showed me an article that did say so.

I'll find it for you Vic as a gift.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be concerned if my team was over the cap just under 2 weeks before the season.

Mismanagement once again from the Tigers.

Clifferd

Coach
I would be concerned if my team was over the cap just under 2 weeks before the season.

Mismanagement once again from the Tigers.

It's all just fluff lol we will be fine.

Wish we had Brisbane, Titans and Warriors salary cap though.

alien

Referee
The real issue is how Tigers manage to be anywhere near the cap with the squad they have..

paying players overs eg. brooks and moses

paying players to play at other clubs eg. paying farah $750,000 in 2017 to play at souths (wests tigers haven't read The Art of the Deal)

maybe back-ended contracts

Tigers to pay Farah $750k in 2017: report
By AAP
Sep 4th, 2016

The Wests Tigers will reportedly pay $750,000 of Robbie Farah's salary next year, despite the NSW Origin hooker leaving the club.

Farah's future with South Sydney is expected to be confirmed within the coming days, but the Tigers will be forced to foot all but $200,000 of his 2017 salary according to Fairfax Media.

Farah's contract was back-ended at the Tigers, and the $750,000 will be included in the merged club's salary cap next year

Farah has not played first grade since the end of the State of Origin series in July, but was given a rousing reception by the club's fans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

The 32-year-old then sat atop the ground's iconic scoreboard for more than an hour after fulltime.

Farah's brother Eddie is the Rabbitohs' club physio, while owner Russell Crowe is also believed to have contacted the No.9 in a bid to bring him to the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/05/07/01/tigers-to-pay-farah-750k-in-2017-report

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm gonna send Wests management an entry code for my supercoach league, god knows i need an easy win

Rabbits20

Immortal
paying players overs eg. brooks and moses

paying players to play at other clubs eg. paying farah $750,000 in 2017 to play at souths (wests tigers haven't read The Art of the Deal)

maybe back-ended contracts

Tigers to pay Farah $750k in 2017: report
By AAP
Sep 4th, 2016

The Wests Tigers will reportedly pay $750,000 of Robbie Farah's salary next year, despite the NSW Origin hooker leaving the club.

Farah's future with South Sydney is expected to be confirmed within the coming days, but the Tigers will be forced to foot all but $200,000 of his 2017 salary according to Fairfax Media.

Farah's contract was back-ended at the Tigers, and the $750,000 will be included in the merged club's salary cap next year

Farah has not played first grade since the end of the State of Origin series in July, but was given a rousing reception by the club's fans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

The 32-year-old then sat atop the ground's iconic scoreboard for more than an hour after fulltime.

Farah's brother Eddie is the Rabbitohs' club physio, while owner Russell Crowe is also believed to have contacted the No.9 in a bid to bring him to the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/05/07/01/tigers-to-pay-farah-750k-in-2017-report
Correctamundo!!!!

Clifferd

Coach
Or their management

Yeh 100% sure their rosters are legitimate

Wests have only just recovered from past bad management so whatever trouble we are going through now is of our past doing, we should be cleared of most of the mess come 2018

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeh 100% sure their rosters are legitimate

Wests have only just recovered from past bad management so whatever trouble we are going through now is of our past doing, we should be cleared of most of the mess come 2018
Maybe with a new coach lol.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Football isn't my #1 priority in my life unlike you, it'd probably sting me for about 10 minutes and that's it
Ah just as I expected he pulls out that line.

Trying to avoid reality.

I am SSTID...........

Just shows you're not as passionate as myself. I'd be livid with my clubs mismanagement or should I say lack of.