What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to load up

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Hi Itsa, I agree with some of this.

I do think walker has to go back to 6. However, I do not want to see AJ moved from the wing, he has rediscovered form since returning there. I believe it's our weakest position and moving AJ doesn't help us. For me I believe, as we have an abundance of centres and second rowers the solution lies here.

I would give either Gray or Goodwin a go at fullback. Personally, I'd take Goodwin at the moment, despite his occasional bad defensive reads I believe he's in close to career best form, and he is a confidence player. Some of the things he's done in attack recently have been amazing, and the type of wrong read he's making in defence he won't be presented with so often. I also believe we can cover centre better than either fullback or winger.

In ,my opinion Burns is a centre and we could move him there, Although I'm critical of his fumble in the play the ball, I think the bomb that was let bounce lies with Cody more than him, and moving back to the position he has more experience in will leave him less exposed to bombs. He is learning as a winger. In saying this I would keep him there, at the moment I don't think we have any other options.

Without this and I hope if Hunt is fit we can just slot him back in to centre. Until he's back I'd consider moving one of our second rowers there short term. As great as their going in they're current spots, you have to do what's best for the team. if we move one of them we have more depth to cover than other solutions, IMHO. I won't choose which one because I haven't seen either of them play centre, but our coaching staff have, and I would back their decision. I'm leaning towards Crichton, because at the respective stages of their careers I think he's the more complete footballer and I would back him to make the better defensive reads.

I think Murray is going to be a gun, and if we move a second rower to centre as above I believe he's a big part of then adjusting the back row. He is improving week after week at North's. He's always made heaps of tackles, but taken a bit of time to adjust and contribute as much in attack. But for 19 he's going great guns.

Norths stats last weekend.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears v Panthers Full Statistics.pdf

Murray : 80 mins, 12 runs, 105m (40 post contact), 1 linebreak, 4 tacklebreaks, 1 kick, 39 kick metres, 48 tackles, 1 missed, 1 error.

I don't know if he's ready for 80 mins of first grade yet, but if we start playing him now, he will be by next year. at the moment I'd probably start Sam at lock with Sutton in the second row to cover whoever moves to centre. I'd bring Cam on 20-30 mins in and then use Sam to cover Sutton or join our prop rotation.

From next year on, I see a long term back row combination of Murray, Crichton and Fuimaono. All play 80 minutes, and at the moment at least they're all on minimal dough. I see Sam moving to the front row and at least one of the twins being moved on.

I know that I don't know, but I believe our future is bright.

oi r20 ....br has lost the plot gray or goodwin to full back i only read 2 or 3 lines i cant stomach reading crap...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hi Itsa, I agree with some of this.

I do think walker has to go back to 6. However, I do not want to see AJ moved from the wing, he has rediscovered form since returning there. I believe it's our weakest position and moving AJ doesn't help us. For me I believe, as we have an abundance of centres and second rowers the solution lies here.

I would give either Gray or Goodwin a go at fullback. Personally, I'd take Goodwin at the moment, despite his occasional bad defensive reads I believe he's in close to career best form, and he is a confidence player. Some of the things he's done in attack recently have been amazing, and the type of wrong read he's making in defence he won't be presented with so often. I also believe we can cover centre better than either fullback or winger.

In ,my opinion Burns is a centre and we could move him there, Although I'm critical of his fumble in the play the ball, I think the bomb that was let bounce lies with Cody more than him, and moving back to the position he has more experience in will leave him less exposed to bombs. He is learning as a winger. In saying this I would keep him there, at the moment I don't think we have any other options.

Without this and I hope if Hunt is fit we can just slot him back in to centre. Until he's back I'd consider moving one of our second rowers there short term. As great as their going in they're current spots, you have to do what's best for the team. if we move one of them we have more depth to cover than other solutions, IMHO. I won't choose which one because I haven't seen either of them play centre, but our coaching staff have, and I would back their decision. I'm leaning towards Crichton, because at the respective stages of their careers I think he's the more complete footballer and I would back him to make the better defensive reads.

I think Murray is going to be a gun, and if we move a second rower to centre as above I believe he's a big part of then adjusting the back row. He is improving week after week at North's. He's always made heaps of tackles, but taken a bit of time to adjust and contribute as much in attack. But for 19 he's going great guns.

Norths stats last weekend.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears v Panthers Full Statistics.pdf

Murray : 80 mins, 12 runs, 105m (40 post contact), 1 linebreak, 4 tacklebreaks, 1 kick, 39 kick metres, 48 tackles, 1 missed, 1 error.

I don't know if he's ready for 80 mins of first grade yet, but if we start playing him now, he will be by next year. at the moment I'd probably start Sam at lock with Sutton in the second row to cover whoever moves to centre. I'd bring Cam on 20-30 mins in and then use Sam to cover Sutton or join our prop rotation.

From next year on, I see a long term back row combination of Murray, Crichton and Fuimaono. All play 80 minutes, and at the moment at least they're all on minimal dough. I see Sam moving to the front row and at least one of the twins being moved on.

I know that I don't know, but I believe our future is bright.

I swore that we should of debuted fui much earlier than we did and I'll swear again that we need to get Murray back into the 17. The kid is amazing. Our backrow going into the future is 11. Fuimaono, 12. Crichton
13. Murray

I'm sick of Souths living in the past. Sutton needs to play from the bench, Tyrell has got to retire this year, twins need to pull their f**king heads out. Souths really need to lower the value of their contracts. Right now they're honestly playing like bench players at best.

I swore that we should of debuted fui much earlier than we did and I'll swear again that we need to get Murray back into the 17. The kid is amazing. Our backrow going into the future is 11. Fuimaono, 12. Crichton
13. Murray

I'm sick of Souths living in the past. Sutton needs to play from the bench, Tyrell has got to retire this year, twins need to pull their f**king heads out. Souths really need to lower the value of their contracts. Right now they're honestly playing like bench players at best.
STID and others, interested to here, others opinion about playing either Gus or Fui in the centres short term , especially those who have seen them. I've never seen either of them personally, but I know someone who saw Gus play a lot of centre in union and apparently he was devastating (as you would imagine).

I just think until Hunt comes back it might be worth a try as a short term option. We've got nothing to lose.

DiegoNT

First Grade
STID and others, interested to here, others opinion about playing either Gus or Fui in the centres short term , especially those who have seen them. I've never seen either of them personally, but I know someone who saw Gus play a lot of centre in union and apparently he was devastating (as you would imagine).

I just think until Hunt comes back it might be worth a try as a short term option. We've got nothing to lose.

Was he inside or outside centre when he played union?

Rabbits20

Immortal
13. Murray

Problem is AJ is a better winger!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
AJ needs to stay on the wing until Souths recruit better wingers. I really hope we're not sticking with the same roster for years to come it clearly doesn't work.

I actually don't mind Goodwin and gray as centres. Gray has a lot to prove as he is asking for a big pay rise to play centre. They're not bad centres by any means. If we had to play Jennings or talakai then I might consider moving gus or fui to centre but for now I'm happy with the team how it is.

I reckon Crichton and fui need the rest of the year at the second row. Fui is really developing nicely and so is Crichton. Sam needs to move to prop tbh. Strengthens our front row rotation and then maybe you can drop Tyrell?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Murray>all of our bench players. If Madge doesn't see this then maybe he does have to go. Players have to carry the results with them. Drop Tyrell and bring in the Murray!

Rabbits20

Immortal
stop toying with them in here R20 dont be so cruel you really crack me up sometimes lol :D.....Shadow...
Shadow I can't believe the Cows are $1.70 and we are $2.20.

Should be Cows $1.25 and Souths $4.00.

I'll tip Souths out of loyalty but I don't have a good feeling!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you are just a neutral for this match it'd be smart to load up on the Cows at $1.70. They should be much shorter than that.........