What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to put your selector's cap on

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1. As someone with experience captaining sides, variety in your attack is vital.
2. We have a spinner who's up to it, but 1) is down on cofidence (partly due to public comments from captain and coach) and 2) seems to keep getting told to do what he's not doing. When he attacks, he leaks too many runs. When he bowls defensively, he's not trying to get wickets enough. Add to that the Australian cricketing public rarely seem to know what to do with offies.

but we dont, falls apart right there

typicalfan

Coach
This is Lyons worst summer for a while. He usually thrives in Brisbane moreso than Adelaide or Sydney.

I hate the public shaming of players that is going on recently though, if he is in your best 11 he should be treated that way.

JJ

Immortal
Wade certainly isn't helping him, but as Haynetrain keeps saying, Wade in Australia started winning (IMO despite his presence)

Iafeta

Referee
He's suffering self esteem issues. Poor bloke has really had a bit of a down turn since changing his name to Gary.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
1. As someone with experience captaining sides, variety in your attack is vital.
2. We have a spinner who's up to it, but 1) is down on cofidence (partly due to public comments from captain and coach) and 2) seems to keep getting told to do what he's not doing. When he attacks, he leaks too many runs. When he bowls defensively, he's not trying to get wickets enough. Add to that the Australian cricketing public rarely seem to know what to do with offies.

Lyon has played 60 tests brother and is the most experienced guy in the team at test level. Its absurd the excuses people make for him.

He should be an old head in the side helping an inexperienced side when the chips are down but he so rarely steps up when he needs to. I can think of one game where he stepped up against india at the adelaide oval two years ago. That was under smiths captaincy too.,

Smith is inexperienced and it doesnt help that the two most experienced guys in the squad warner and lyon are playing like crappy cricket.

Now im keen to let the team grow teething problems and all. I can live with smiths mistakes and haze and starc losing the plot occasionally because i think with time it will mature into a very good side. Warner and lyon should be on field leaders. When people make these excuses for lyon im like well he has played 60 tests if he wants a fielder in x position why doesn't he demand it ?

I think his fields are pretty much what he wants and he is just a negative cricketer