What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2012/13

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Ronaldo goes missing again when his side needs him most. Worst player on the field by a country mile.

LOL please... Ronaldo has more than proved himself in big matches over recent years. Only Messi fan boys and morons can't see that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If Bayern dont shit this final in I'll be shocked and amazed, by far the bes team in the world atm on current form.

BDR

First Grade
Definitely the deserved final, by far the two most impressive teams over the whole campaign.

Apparently home advantage over Barca is worth 1 goal these days.

despite Rekordmeisters douche attempt to mock me, congrats to Bayern, they are a great team and deserve to be in the final. It's gonna be a great final.

Haffa

If Bayern dont shit this final in I'll be shocked and amazed, by far the bes team in the world atm on current form.

They actually play each other this weekend. Dortmund have won their last 5 games against Munich, will be an intriguing final.

Big Sam

First Grade
They actually play each other this weekend. Dortmund have won their last 5 games against Munich, will be an intriguing final.

Not quite. Bayern beat them 1-0 in a cup game in March. But still Dortmund have only lost 2 of the last 9 encounters.

Most of the Dortmund wins in 2011 and 2012, especially those in Munich and the Pokal final embarrassment, would give them the mental edge.

Haffa

Not quite. Bayern beat them 1-0 in a cup game in March. But still Dortmund have only lost 2 of the last 9 encounters.

Most of the Dortmund wins in 2011 and 2012, especially those in Munich and the Pokal final embarrassment, would give them the mental edge.

That'll teach me for listening to Marcotti on ESPN this morning.

Big Sam

First Grade
Recent Clasico's. Not sure what the numbers are but I remember him scoring in a huge chunk of recent games against Barca. Doesn't get much bigger than that.

I'll give you the Clasico at the Camp Nou in March/April last year. He was pretty good in that, but that's about it.

Still compare how Messi reacted to a big 1st leg deficit against Milan to Ronaldo's similar situation on Tuesday. One dominated and the other went missing.

HowHigh

Coach
hahaha@Barca
At least Real Madrid put up a fight and were 1 goal off going through.

Should be a good final... surely Bayern's got it this time. 3rd time lucky

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I'll give you the Clasico at the Camp Nou in March/April last year. He was pretty good in that, but that's about it.

Still compare how Messi reacted to a big 1st leg deficit against Milan to Ronaldo's similar situation on Tuesday. One dominated and the other went missing.

What about the 2-2 Clasico from last October. The one where Ronaldo and Messi both scored twice. That was epic.

Besides why do you need to compare to Messi? Fact is you can't compare to Messi because he is easily the best.

That's why Ronaldo doesn't get the respect he deserves. If Messi was never born, Ronaldo would be a 5 time Ballon D'or winner. People don't see that because Messi is just way too good.

And apart from recent Clasico's, Ronaldo's performances in last years Euro showed his mental toughness under pressure. He had the media all over him after two quiet performances to start Portugal's campaign. He then almost single handedly beat Netherlands and Czech Republic before Portugal lost to Spain in a penalty shoot out.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Immortal
Should be a good final... surely Bayern's got it this time. 3rd time lucky

2012 - A team from London become Champions of Europe in Munich

2013 - A team from Munich become Champions of Europe in London?

Tommy Smith

Referee
C'mon Dortmund!! It's the Rebellion vs the Empire.

If anyone is going to beat Bayern in the UCL this year it would have to be the mighty BVB. Largely because of familiarity.

I would give a testicle to be at this game. The atmosphere will be amazing. The black & yelow and red halves of the stadium will make for a special atmosphere. The best the new Wembley has seen.