What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinegar on Hot Chips

___

Juniors
I literally haven't had that in about 20 years. I prefer BBQ or Tomato sauce.

justdave

Juniors
I go all rebellious sometimes and put BBQ on one side and sweet or hot chilli on the other. Might even go all out and add a bit of worcester sauce

beave

Coach
Unless you are Jesus, then vinegar should be kept well away from chips.

Chicken salt and thick gravy, is the only chip accompaniment worthy of writing about.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Unless you are Jesus, then vinegar should be kept well away from chips.

Chicken salt and thick gravy, is the only chip accompaniment worthy of writing about.

What if the chips are being served with fish? Chicken salt and gravy are both wrong in that circumstance IMO but vinegar is perfect.

If the chips are with BBQ chicken or by themselves then chicken salt and gravy are good.

And if they're part of an HSP chili, garlic and cheese is the money combo.

Incorrect

Coach
Why people put tomato or BBQ sauce on every piece of food is beyond me.

Same as mint sauce on lamb and other sauces on beef, etc. Why? Is the cut of meat that tasteless that it needs a bit of spicing up? Try another butcher FFS!

It must be so satisfying dunking a load of diluted acetic acid onto a pile of nicely deep fried pieces of potato....NOT!

I've even witnessed a goose smother dry corn flakes with tomato sauce! That is the ultimate in bad food combinations.
My missus is one of these people - tomato sauce on everything.... I could cook her a tender juicy scotch fillet over charcoal BBQ or beautfilly seasoned chicken breast, and she'll just smother it in tomato sauce... She'll even squirt some on a taco... I've often joked to her that she'd have it on weet-bix if she could...

So now if I'm BBQ'ing, I'll buy myself a rib-eye/scotch fillet, and just get her some cheaper cut of meat like a market value rump or some shit like that...

horrie hastings

First Grade
What if the chips are being served with fish? Chicken salt and gravy are both wrong in that circumstance IMO but vinegar is perfect.

If the chips are with BBQ chicken or by themselves then chicken salt and gravy are good.

And if they're part of an HSP chili, garlic and cheese is the money combo.

Can you ask for no Gravy, just Vinegar?, BTW which type of Vinegar do our conouissuers prefer anyway

The gravy comes in a separate container so you can either pour it over your chips or dip the chips in .

Roasted a whole chicken tonight in water and lemon juice and made a beautiful gravy from the chicken juice, have left over potatoes which I made in wedge form tonight, they are going to nice with some of the left over gravy tomorrow for lunch :D

As for vinegar on your chips, it has to be the malt vinegar.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
BTW which type of Vinegar do our conouissuers prefer anyway
maxresdefault.jpg

retch

Juniors
I cook my chips at home on one of those hot air cookers.

Depending on how many chips you put in it's 20mins from frozen and the chips are delicious.

I use that brand of hot sauce that tastes a bit like vinegar.

One of my work mates puts tomato sauce on just about every thing he eats...very weird.

coolsteve

Juniors
as a kid used to meet the old man friday arvos after work at avalon rsl, fish n chips shop next door was first stop . chips with vinegar for tea whilst walking home, old fella with his long neck.if we were lucky, we might get a chicko roll. then we discovered chinese food but old boy couldnt stagger to the other side of town.f#ck chicken salt