What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCW on WWE Network

Valheru

Coach
Yes agree RE: Dusty. I also watched Starrcade 84 and the Flair/Rhodes main event was decent without being spectacular. Somewhere in the 3 star range I would say but to be fair that one hasn't got the same wrap on it as the 83 main event.

I will wait to see if the 85 main event is any better. I am really looking forward to the Magnum/Tully I quit match on that show which seems to be universally acclaimed as a 5 star match.

bileduct

Coach
I signed up for the free trial just to watch the WCW content. I was a huge fan of WWF back in the late 80s and then again in the late 90s during the Attitude era. I never saw any of the WCW at the time, so I never really quite appreciated how they basically set the groundwork for the whole Attitude era.

The amount of content here is awesome.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I signed up for the free trial just to watch the WCW content. I was a huge fan of WWF back in the late 80s and then again in the late 90s during the Attitude era. I never saw any of the WCW at the time, so I never really quite appreciated how they basically set the groundwork for the whole Attitude era.

The amount of content here is awesome.

If WCW had competent mangement that put the old boys in line, WWE wouldn’t exist, the WCW Roster was amazing, HOFs everywhere.

Valheru

Coach
If WCW had competent mangement that put the old boys in line, WWE wouldn’t exist, the WCW Roster was amazing, HOFs everywhere.

Not sure we can say WWE wouldn't exist, they were well and truly over the worst of things when the mass exodus happened in 1999 onwards with the rise of Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley, Undertaker, Kane, Edge, Christian, Hardy Boyz and the list goes on.

What we can say though is that WCW would exist, or would at least have been attractive enough for someone to give them a TV contract in 2001. Let's not forgot for all their issues from 1998-2001, they still had a willing buyer (Bischoff) but no Time Warner/AOL wanted them off the air and no one else wanted to touch them.

Special K

Coach
I remember it being on 9 when hogan joined. TNT used to show Nitro on Foxtel it was up to date where as raw wasn’t.

Valheru

Coach
So where did you dudes watch WCW? I don't recall it being on anywhere.

Yeah as mentioned it was on TNT on foxtel during Monday night wars and also on PPV.

Not sure why, but PPV videos weren't available until mid 1998 here and finished with Fall Brawl 2000. Not sure on the reasoning for that.

bileduct

Coach
So I did a bit of poking around and apparently WCW ran on Channel 9 on Saturday afternoons as a repackaged show called "WCW Worldwide", and also as segments on WWOS.

Channel 10 had WWF Superstars of Wrestling.

Latest posts