What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Now Contenders (As of Round 11)

martielang

Bench
A gun backrower running over a half.....unheard of

Much like one professional footballer making a tackle on another professional football?

I have even heard it can sometimes happen up to 600 times a game... 8 times a week! What an abnormally.

Congratulations must go to Matthew on his fine effort.

OldPanther

Coach
Much like one professional footballer making a tackle on another professional football?

I have even heard it can sometimes happen up to 600 times a game... 8 times a week! What an abnormally.

Congratulations must go to Matthew on his fine effort.

Halves get trampled regularly. 5/8s are particularly bad defenders usually.

OldPanther

Coach
I don't get why these guys are so keen to talk Moylan down. It says nothing about us as a club if he kicks on to become a great player, there is no reason to be bitter.

No idea it's weird. It's also probably a positive for us since he is a Penrith junior who we developed.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It was good tactics. They attacked the side Pearce and Moga would of been if not injured

The whole defensive line was stagnant, they put no pressure what’s so ever on either play maker and made no attempt to win the ruck.

The knights made the Sharks look very good. I don’t think they are good, but not that good. I have them about 5th maybe 6th.

OldPanther

Coach
The whole defensive line was stagnant, they put no pressure what’s so ever on either play maker and made no attempt to win the ruck.

The knights made the Sharks look very good. I don’t think they are good, but not that good. I have them about 5th maybe 6th.

Was it you with the Dally M wager?

franklin2323

Immortal

I thought they would have more Origin players though. So they might get a few more wins to push for top 4

mxlegend99

Referee
Playing well doesn't count when the opposition play shit. Nor does flogging them by 40 points.

Why can't a team and/or player get credit for doing something awesome? 6 try assists is awesome. Putting 48 points on a team is awesome.

Sure that team is trash. But so are lots of the teams we beat. We did so with injuries. Sharks did it with a crushing victory.

Why can't both be good achievements? God knows we would be talking up the performance if it happened in our jersey. Both teams are improving as the season goes on. We are better for sure. But Sharks arent bad atm.

franklin2323

Immortal
Comps aren't won in May though. If we did the same it would mean nothing if we didn't win the comp. Always good to play well but you need to play well across 6 months not just one

martielang

Bench
I don't get why these guys are so keen to talk Moylan down. It says nothing about us as a club if he kicks on to become a great player, there is no reason to be bitter.

Not sure how we’re talking him down by disagreeing. Umina, Oldpanther go the complete opposite way. The bloke made a decent tackle 4 games ago & it gets brought up in every conversation. In that exact same game he got trampled by Yeo which directly led to a try yet it’s never been mentioned.

If we were talking him down, is it really that difficult to understand why??

Kilkenny

Coach
Playing well doesn't count when the opposition play shit. Nor does flogging them by 40 points.

Why can't a team and/or player get credit for doing something awesome? 6 try assists is awesome. Putting 48 points on a team is awesome.

Sure that team is trash. But so are lots of the teams we beat. We did so with injuries. Sharks did it with a crushing victory.

Why can't both be good achievements? God knows we would be talking up the performance if it happened in our jersey. Both teams are improving as the season goes on. We are better for sure. But Sharks arent bad atm.

Your right it was a terrific effort, no doubt.

I also think the Sharks are travelling along very nicely, have a pretty full strength side to they are definitely going to be thereabouts for the top four for sure.

OldPanther

Coach
Not sure how we’re talking him down by disagreeing. Umina, Oldpanther go the complete opposite way. The bloke made a decent tackle 4 games ago & it gets brought up in every conversation. In that exact same game he got trampled by Yeo which directly led to a try yet it’s never been mentioned.

I didn't mention the tackle and agreed with @franklin2323 that Moylan needs consistency. What he did against the Knights was awesome though and he is a very talented player.

They have look at where those teams are on the ladder. The next few weeks will show where they stand

Completely agree.

That's almost word for word what was said about us and shot down with "there are no easy games". The simple fact is a few people on here are the only people in the league community that think that.

age.s

First Grade
I said at the time I think the Moylan/Maloney swap would be good for all 4 parties (incl ourselves and the Sharks) and I still stand by that. We needed an experienced halfback who knows how to win, Sharks needed some young blood to revitalise an ageing side. Both players clearly needed a change of scenery. I still think Moylan is a bit of a tool, but I'm sure there's plenty out there who'd say the same for Maloney. As long as we smash him when we're playing them I don't mind seeing him do well.

betcats

Referee

Its easy to understand why you might not like him, but pointing out flaws after what was a pretty bloody good performance by him just seems a bit much. Same as people pointing out how its just the knights etc, just give him credit for a good performance there is nothing wrong with that.

martielang

Bench
Its easy to understand why you might not like him, but pointing out flaws after what was a pretty bloody good performance by him just seems a bit much. Same as people pointing out how its just the knights etc, just give him credit for a good performance there is nothing wrong with that.

I never mentioned a thing about his game yesterday, i didn't watch it. Sounds like he played well.

I'm just stirring Umina because he said he was an above average defender for a half... based on one tackle.

Latest posts