What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 7

kurt faulk

Coach
Eagles had a slow start but got in to their grove as the game progressed.

At 6-1, they take complete control of the NFC East now with a 3-0 divisional record.

Remaining schedule is:

49ers
Broncos
BYE
@ Cowboys
Bears
@ Seahawks
@ Rams
@ Giants
Raiders
Cowboys

Hard to see them not going 4-5 at the very least the rest of the way for a minimum 10 win season.

with the way wentz is playing they will be hard to beat for any team. they would be wise to minimise his running plays. one run in the future he's gonna get popped hard.

the game at the rams should be flexed to sunday night. wentz vs goff is a dream story-line for the network.

nick87

Coach
Wentz is as real a deal as you can possibly be as a 2nd year qb

He’s ridiculously good

Thank you to the Browns and Rams for letting us get him. Rams are probably happy with it right now as Goff appears to be flourishing as well but I don’t think they are comparable as qbs
Wentz is the business

Vozzy

Juniors
So hard to judge teams at the moment. It seems if you have an easy game one week it goes to that teams heads the week after.

The jags and rams had easy wins but against teams who dont have their starting quaterback. A team like the sea hawks brought the rams back down to earth.

I follow the chargers and going into the patriots this week we have to play better then we did against tge broncos offensively to have any chance i just hope they know that.

We played better offensively against philly this year but still got done.

Aweome season this year so unpredictable.

Anytime I've backed for or against Rams, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, there's more...
...I've always gone tits up. This past week, I thought Panthers were a moral, found every which way to lose, 2 def tds?! About 8 completed passes?

Unbelievable stuff. Strange season indeed.

Not the Browns though. They are unbelievably shit still. Just the worst. :poop:

shiznit

Coach
So the Browns draft the likes of Brandon Weeden and Manziel but are like "yeah nah, don't want Wentz you can have him Philly".

Holy f**k that franchise needs drowning in a bathtub.
That 2014 draft was loaded too... they had 2 picks in the 1st and whiffed at them both...

The guys they missed out on is astonishing... Khalil Mack, Derek Carr, Aaron Donald, Zach Martin, Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, Taylor Lewan, Ryan Shazier, Anthony Barr, Jarvis Landry, CJ Mosley...

And they ended up with Johnny Football and Justin Gilbert.

They have pretty much taken our mantle as the worst franchise in football...

So the Browns draft the likes of Brandon Weeden and Manziel but are like "yeah nah, don't want Wentz you can have him Philly".

Holy f**k that franchise needs drowning in a bathtub.

Russell Wilson was picked at 75 the same year as Trent Richardson and Weeden were picked 3,22, before Johnny Football came aling and laid his egg.

The Browns are hilariously pathetic with draft picks. It's bordering bizarre.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol you've both just further highlighted how bad they are. I was reading today that their chief talent ID guy didn't rate Wentz as a top 20 QB.

I wonder how much these guys get paid? I mean everyone whiffs but they've turned it into an artform.

We haven't even mentioned the Trent Richardson debacle.

Statistically speaking it's extraordinary how they've managed to dodge the great players in the draft.

It's a travesty for their fans.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

they managed to avert total failure with richardson. jim irsay was their alan bond, he traded the colts 1st rounder to the browns for richardson. phew.

but the browns being the browns they used to colts 1st rounder and their own 3rd rounder to move up 4 spots to draft johnny manziel in the 1st round. they managed to turn the richardson face saving trade into a catastrophic failure.

keep browning browns. those poor fans.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I mentioned TR in the previous post. :thinking:
Whoops, yes you did... an oversight, sorry.

Anyway back on topic; avoiding the Browns was Wentz's own version of winning the lottery.

The Eagles are possibly Superbowl bound; something I don't think the Browns will do in my lifetime.

Valheru

Coach
with the way wentz is playing they will be hard to beat for any team. they would be wise to minimise his running plays. one run in the future he's gonna get popped hard.

the game at the rams should be flexed to sunday night. wentz vs goff is a dream story-line for the network.

To be fair I don't think most of his runs are by design lol but I do take your point. He does seem to be able to cop a hit though which is refreshing as an eagles fan given past QBs.

That Rams/Eagles game should be moved but it will depend on how the Ravens are doing. As it stands NBC have PITT/BALT scheduled which is always a ratings winner for them so if Ravens are still in the hunt I don't think it will be moved.

Haffa

JP done for the year and possibly his career.

As much as Wentz deserves the plaudits I'm in awe of that from four. Barnett is taking two blockers as a Rookie.

Baldy does a good job breaking down the top plays as per usual.

nick87

Coach
Yeah as impressive as that win was and being 6-1 with the NFL's best record is legit, losing JP and Hicks to season enders seems like something this team wont be able to overcome

JP had an up and down year last year but was back at an all pro level this year, and Hicks is one of the most under-rated players in the league. He locks down TEs, flows to the ball, and gets turn overs

Thats 2 of our best 4-5 players done for the year now. Not great

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lol you've both just further highlighted how bad they are. I was reading today that their chief talent ID guy didn't rate Wentz as a top 20 QB.

I wonder how much these guys get paid? I mean everyone whiffs but they've turned it into an artform.

Statistically speaking it's extraordinary how they've managed to dodge the great players in the draft.

It's a travesty for their fans.
I really liked draft day....Sadly for the Browns it was truly fictional.

shiznit

Coach
Whoops, yes you did... an oversight, sorry.

Anyway back on topic; avoiding the Browns was Wentz's own version of winning the lottery.

The Eagles are possibly Superbowl bound; something I don't think the Browns will do in my lifetime.
I think we probably need to be fair on the Browns.

2014 was terrible because there was a shitload of talent and they came away with two duds.

But TBH... I don’t completely blame the Browns on passing on Wentz & Goff.

Wentz was a small school guy who a lot of people had doubts about... Goff came from a very simplistic spread system which didn’t necessarily translate well to the NFL.

Trading down for what the Eagles offered them was pretty sound at the time as they had sooo much needs across the board.

Even if they picked Wentz... he would have been the centrepiece for an absolute terrible offense... he may well have ended up cannon fodder and ruined for the rest of his career if he was with the Browns.

Or he may have dove really well and the Browns would have been a mid-level team with no genuine chance of a SB anyway...

At least here they traded down.... and this year got an absolute stud in Garrett a potential difference maker in Peppers and a very, very good TE prospect in Njoku.

3 potential studs in the first... obviously we have to see if they pan out... but I can see the logic.

And they have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds in next years draft... including 2 in the first.

And the QB class coming through is looking pretty good...

Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold are on the horizon and the Browns are in the best position to get the best of the bunch.

The big key now is they have to scout right... they have completely changed the scouting department since 2016... so hopefully they can pull it together.

nick87

Coach
I think we probably need to be fair on the Browns.

2014 was terrible because there was a shitload of talent and they came away with two duds.

But TBH... I don’t completely blame the Browns on passing on Wentz & Goff.

Wentz was a small school guy who a lot of people had doubts about... Goff came from a very simplistic spread system which didn’t necessarily translate well to the NFL.

Trading down for what the Eagles offered them was pretty sound at the time as they had sooo much needs across the board.

Even if they picked Wentz... he would have been the centrepiece for an absolute terrible offense... he may well have ended up cannon fodder and ruined for the rest of his career if he was with the Browns.

Or he may have dove really well and the Browns would have been a mid-level team with no genuine chance of a SB anyway...

At least here they traded down.... and this year got an absolute stud in Garrett a potential difference maker in Peppers and a very, very good TE prospect in Njoku.

3 potential studs in the first... obviously we have to see if they pan out... but I can see the logic.

And they have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds in next years draft... including 2 in the first.

And the QB class coming through is looking pretty good...

Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold are on the horizon and the Browns are in the best position to get the best of the bunch.

The big key now is they have to scout right... they have completely changed the scouting department since 2016... so hopefully they can pull it together.

That’s all true and yet they’ve shown no ability to evaluate the qb position and this current coaching staff have proven themselves completely incapable of knowing how to develop one

Whatever you think of Kiser, and I was big on him myself, they haven’t given him a f**king hope in hell. They’ve completely botched him from the first step

If I’m a top qb prospect, I’d sooner go back to school than take the chances of having a potential career ruined by mismanagement of the Browns

They won’t get out of this mess until they find a legit franchise qb. They had one, they misevaluated him, passed and this is what happens Larry

They’ve got a million picks and they’ll hit some and miss others, but it won’t matter a lick until the qb is sorted and nothing they’ve done suggests they are capable of fixing that

Latest posts