What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why all female hosts on TV?

NrlVader

Juniors
Like I wrote on the other thread in the NRL media forum.

There's no diversity in the NRL media.

Slim, blonde, attractive white women are only chosen for these roles.

Plenty Muslim woman in hijabs and Islander women are just as good or better as presenters and students of the game but will be never given the role.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Just copying of the NFL and even the GAA do it now and Soccer be the last one to catch on to it.

Brutus

Referee
I think Lara Pitt and Yvonne Sampson are great, but that's enough.

Yates are Barnard are fakes. Don't watch the Sunday Ticket. It was best when Gibbsy, Jimmy Smith and Gasnier were on it.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Is Yvonne that good looking? I know a lot on here seem to melt over her but I've always found her average looking. A good presenter though.

Lara is definitely cute, but at the same time she is probably one of their better league tv journos going around. Gets her facts right, doesn't get her self involved in petty agendas etc.

Hannah Hollis was pinched off NITV. Interesting to have a league journalists from an indigenous background.

Yates seems to be a fill on fox presenter for a range of sports. She surprised me on the v8 coverage on her getting up to knowledge on the cars, if ever there's a male dominated sports it's the v8s. She is possibly the only one relying solely on her looks.

If you think Erin Molan is in any way attractive seek help straight away.

So to say the girls are just there for there looks is a bit off the mark imo

undertaker

Coach
. That Lara Pitt is quite bright however I can't say that about that annoying TAB girl with a mouth like a horse, Jamie Rogers? Has more teeth than brain cells.

"Hi, I'm JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIE Rogers from TAB"

Thank God you don't have to see those commercials ad nauseum during the NRL coverage like a few years ago, where her and Glen Munsie were really pushing TAB advertising hard.

Yvonne, lara pitt and hannah Hollis are all better then shirvington, Kent and Andy Raymond ( their male equivalent)

This

And Megan Barnard (who deep down hates Rugby League).

Does she?

Yvonne and Lara are as good as any of the males Fox has and they shit on Erin Molan from a great height on channel 9 as well.
Erin: a perfect example of brown-nosing your way to the top.

Yates are Barnard are fakes. Don't watch the Sunday Ticket. It was best when Gibbsy, Jimmy Smith and Gasnier were on it.

Yeah, Voss/John Gibbs/Jimmy Smith made a good trio in the first couple of rounds last year. Dunno why Gibbsy was shafted

Yates a fake? I thought she was a born 'n bred Sharks girl

Is Yvonne that good looking? I know a lot on here seem to melt over her but I've always found her average looking. A good presenter though.

Yvonne has aged quite a fair bit compared to when she join Ch9's NRL coverage 3-4yrs ago, but still good looking and more importantly, as you said, a good presenter.

Hard to believe Lara Pitt is 35 though.

Last edited:

NrlVader

Juniors

Lara is definitely cute, but at the same time she is probably one of their better league tv journos going around. Gets her facts right, doesn't get her self involved in petty agendas etc.

Hannah Hollis was pinched off NITV. Interesting to have a league journalists from an indigenous background.

Yates seems to be a fill on fox presenter for a range of sports. She surprised me on the v8 coverage on her getting up to knowledge on the cars, if ever there's a male dominated sports it's the v8s. She is possibly the only one relying solely on her looks.

Agree there.

If I had to rate these girls from 1 to 10.

I would give them one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has there ever been a female poster in this forum? Given female participation is the fastest growth in the game I'm not surprised they are feminism the code.

Patorick

Staff member

She's great. Easily the prettiest and smartest of all the wonderful women mentioned.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Has there ever been a female poster in this forum? Given female participation is the fastest growth in the game I'm not surprised they are feminism the code.
We get sarasassypants in the rabbitohs forum from time to time. It's refreshing to hear a completely different point of view. But like a lot of semi-regulars in the Souths forum she doesn't post much

NrlVader

Juniors
There's so many of them that they should do a NRL Media Ladies Calendar.

Jessica Yates for Miss April.

jessica-yates-166096.jpg

NrlVader

Juniors
Not as bad as the way the AFL promote women in their sport ....

Apparently, the winner's best and fairest's wife.

All this PC has gone too far.

1_WOF280317MW1923.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
I am fine with it if they love the game. If they are just using the roll as a means to get themselves exposure and a stepping stone to bigger things (think Mel McLaughlin and Big Bash) then I don't care for it at all.

Why don't they get the girls that play for the Australian Test team commentating? The NRL should train them up on commentary.

mozza91

Coach
Call me crazy but I actually preferred the new and improved shapes to the original style that Arnotts eventually brought back.

NrlVader

Juniors
I am fine with it if they love the game. If they are just using the roll as a means to get themselves exposure and a stepping stone to bigger things (think Mel McLaughlin and Big Bash) then I don't care for it at all.

Why don't they get the girls that play for the Australian Test team commentating? The NRL should train them up on commentary.

Agree.

Would be great to get an insight to hear what goes on inside these female footy dressing rooms.

undertaker

Coach
There's so many of them that they should do a NRL Media Ladies Calendar.

Jessica Yates for Miss April.

jessica-yates-166096.jpg

You have to look like this (Jessica Yates) to be given these roles ...

jessicayates1660923232.jpg

Well, looking at that pic, I must say Jess has got much better with age when you consider this is what she looked like around 2001/02 (a few years before she started at Fox Sports). Make what you will of these pics

jessica-yates-162047.jpg
jessica-yates-162048.jpg

Last edited: