What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Dragons bublle burst

possm

Coach
The Dragons are top of the ladder because they are playing better football and won more games than the other 15 Clubs. In the next few rounds we will prove we are the real deal starting with the Roosters on ANZAC Day.

BrissyRedV

Bench
In the next few rounds we will prove we are the real deal starting with the Roosters on ANZAC Day.
If we win of Tuesday, I expect the excuse of "we always step up for the ANZAC game" or something similar to devalue it. That is of course as long as we play well and win.

dexter

Juniors
Oops anybody hear a pop.

Just joking, you guys played a great game and were unlucky in the end.
I hope Widdop isn't out for too long.

Also I thought the wall was banned but the Roosters did a pretty good interpretation of one today.

jeffdragon

Bench
Without gareth
Will be tough
Hope all the good work we have done ,isnt undone by the time he spends on the side line

giboz71

First Grade
Depth in the halves was always going to be a problem, especially when Hutch went down. Knew we'd be one injury away from disaster.

Will be tough to cover what we lose with Widdop, he's been one of the form players of the comp.

I fear we'll have a lean patch now he's out injured.

Ace-STi

Juniors
If we can jag 1/2 vs Storm and Sharks we will be doing ok!

We have a better draw and byes etc coming up so this will help

SBD82

Coach
The initial question will be answered in the next two weeks.

The team is still traveling well, the loss to the roosters wasn't a heavy one. Roosters played well and so did we. The game ended in a coinflip.

What I think will define the season is how well we respond to adversity. If we take two heavy losses in the next two weeks I can see the season spiraling, and widdops return won't be enough to save it.

If the boys show some steel in the next few weeks, widdops return will be to a mentally strong side, which I think will give us a great launching pad for the second half of the season.

A couple of our senior players need to really stand up in the next few weeks. I thought thommo was great for us yesterday. Hopefully he maintains it, and Dugan can show more leadership.

Dragon66

Juniors
Yesterday at the end of that game I was a very proud Dragon supporter.
They gave that game everything they had, nothing left in the tank, and that's all you can ask for.

We all know the limitations in skillsets by some of our key players, in particular McCrone, and Dugan, but they all still competed right up to the 84th minute.

How good was McInnes, Frizzel, Vaughn, JBD. In fact they all performed to their peak, but the fact remains that we still struggle with second phase play from the forwards when they engage with the defence.
Defence, and a low error rate, and let Widdop run the plays still seems to be the mantra. That works as long as the ref keeps the whistle in his pocket, but we got caught with quite a few 50/50 calls yesterday that went against us. The so called knock on from Nighty, that resulted in Thompson crossing the line was one of the worst.

Yes, the next two weeks are going to be tough for the boys, without Widdop, our chances of picking up a win in the next two weeks is going to be very difficult.

As long as they don't capitulate and allow a flood of points against them I will be more than happy that bye will be a chance to rest, recover from niggling injuries, and regroup as we head into the second half of the comp.

I'm not sure if Nona's time has come to make a claim for an NRL spot, but at the very least he has the skillset we need, as in a good passing and kicking game, and is an excellent goal kicker.

Field is still too inexperienced and still developing, and their is nobody else.

Will be interesting to see what McGregor does on Thursday but on yesterday's performance I doubt that Mann is man. Apparently he trained in the halves during the off season, you wouldn't have thought so on his time at 5/8 yesterday. Moving JBD into the halves was the right option at the time.

Win, lose or draw as long as they play with the same commitment going forward that will be enough to keep me happy. Go the MIGHTYS.

This team is far different from the last year and the few before that.

That could have easily crumbled against the Roosters but didn't and came within a whisker of beating them with no help from the officials who again were poor.

It will be tough against the Storm and Sharks but they are both home games and the boys will lift.

Without Widdop it will be tough thats for certain but in saying that if the forwards do what they have been doing and lay the platform it will give McCrone and whoever partners him a chance.

The Storm have been steady but haven't been overally expressive in their football and the Sharks got beaten by the Titans so they certainly could beat them again.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
This team is far different from the last year and the few before that.

That could have easily crumbled against the Roosters but didn't and came within a whisker of beating them with no help from the officials who again were poor.

It will be tough against the Storm and Sharks but they are both home games and the boys will lift.

Without Widdop it will be tough thats for certain but in saying that if the forwards do what they have been doing and lay the platform it will give McCrone and whoever partners him a chance.

The Storm have been steady but haven't been overally expressive in their football and the Sharks got beaten by the Titans so they certainly could beat them again.
all we need is 1 win going into the bye and we will be cemented in the top 4 cmon boys

OzDragon

Coach
If we can jag 1/2 vs Storm and Sharks we will be doing ok!

We have a better draw and byes etc coming up so this will help
Both are home games so honestly reckon we'll win both.
Neither of those teams have been lighting the world on fire as of late.

Plus shonkies game is after the test break so Widdop may only miss one game for us.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Both are home games so honestly reckon we'll win both.
Neither of those teams have been lighting the world on fire as of late.

Plus shonkies game is after the test break so Widdop may only miss one game for us.
Kenny bromwich and tohu Harris back for cheats. they will be at full strength, if we can win on sunday WOW!

We will struggle over the next few weeks, however the bubble has not burst.

We have intensity and commitment.

If a few things go our way towards the end of the season, this team could go deep in to the play offs.