What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Footy Show

Copa

Bench
Seemed to be dominated by the AFL fellows... I thought the NRL show could get low brow but those AFL guys are something else altogether...

Sam Newman asking that bloke if he was wealthy when I suspect he already knew the answer.. bit rude really.

Did Eddie refer to the "ARL Footy show" right near the end of the program?

It was boring. Matty Johns looked constipated the entire time and I thought Fatty was just going to get up and leave. Would've been better off having someone impartial hosting, the entire show revolved around the AFL guys and that's without taking into account Trevor Marmalade's unfunny time wasting.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
What happened with Sam Newman? On the radio a short time ago they were saying he got into a fight!

Anyway channel 9 can get stuffed. I got up early to watch the golf only to find that giggling girty and company. They should have left it to Fox if they never intended showing it. Jessica Rowe makes me want to vomit every time I see her puppet like head.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Loved it. But I llike Sam Newman and Trevor is always good for a laugh. Show was reasonable withought being spectacular though.

Utey

Coach
Sam Newman is a f*ckwit, you simply do not ask there question to which he knew the answer...

Sharkie™

Juniors
it was a sh*t show, our footy show boys had basically no imput and u had that moron behind that bar thing getting more air time. the AFL pricks are bias and im sick of hearing about the AFL. if u looked at the crowd, more people were wearing league jerseys then those homo tank top things.

What the f**k was the point?

Talk about jumping on the ole bandwagon.

Would rather have set the hairs on my balls on fire then watch it!

Kingytek

Juniors
and then he punched some guy in the face....
TV star in Cup show brawl

By Josh Massoud

June 19, 2006

0,10114,5171204,00.jpg
Biff ... Newman hits out / Channel 9 image

TV PERSONALITY Sam Newman was rushed from a World Cup party on the eve of Australia's clash with Brazil after punching a male fan in the face.
In Germany for last night's Footy Show World Cup special, the controversial Channel 9 star lashed out in front of network chief executive Eddie McGuire and 2500 Australian fans. The scuffle broke out at Munich's famed Lowenbraukeller beer hall about an hour into a Brazilian samba party held to celebrate the Socceroos' game against the world champions.
Witnesses said Newman was roundly abused and possibly spat upon before retaliating with a punch.

A sometimes vocal critic of the round ball game, Newman enraged some at the party after arriving in a Socceroos jersey with Nine CEO Eddie McGuire and co-hosts Gary Lyon, Paul Vautin and Matty Johns - famed for Reg Reagan's catchphrase "Bring back the biff".

Tensions rose from catcalls such as "Get off the bandwagon" to the confrontation that ended with Lyon ushering Newman from the beer hall.

The victim, believed to be in his 40s, refused to comment.

But his close friend Adrian Sanchez Vallejo said Newman snapped after "failing to accept or respect the views of the Australian people".

"He was copping abuse from everyone - people were telling him, 'Get outta here you ignorant pig'," he said.

"The punch he threw was a cheap shot, it drew blood."

One tour organiser said fans had treated Newman and Nine crew members "appallingly", saying: "It's my understanding that Sam was spat upon."

Berta Aguayo, of Cecil Hills, said McGuire was apologetic to fans about the incident.

innsaneink

Referee
Luckily I only noticed it was on @ about 10.20, just near the end of vinces set

Tensions rose from catcalls such as "Get off the bandwagon" to the confrontation that ended with Lyon ushering Newman from the beer hall.

The victim, believed to be in his 40s, refused to comment.

But his close friend Adrian Sanchez Vallejo said Newman snapped after "failing to accept or respect the views of the Australian people".

"He was copping abuse from everyone - people were telling him, 'Get outta here you ignorant pig'," he said.

One tour organiser said fans had treated Newman and Nine crew members "appallingly", saying: "It's my understanding that Sam was spat upon."

LOL...bandwagon indeed....what a turd is ol sam.

Mr Saab

Referee
Good on Sam for punching that clown. Sure, Sam is not the most endearing TV personality, but no one should be spat at.
Nice left jab.
As for the show itself...fell asleep after the 1st song which was a complete and utter mime.
Nothing worst than a bunch of bandwaggoners..esp named McGuire, Newman, Warne, Vautin, Johns, Fitzsimmons, and Marmelaide.

dubby

Bench
Yeah it was a total waste of time and poorly presented. Nothing but an attempt by 9 to promote their already mediocre shows (without a trace, etc) by ignorant and unfunny AFL personalities. And yeah, they are huge bandwagoners who are trying to be patrioctic but failing to do so because their igorance and bias is very evident.
At least Fatty and Matty got a free trip to Europe and saw an AFL nutter get into a bit of biff. That Sam Newman is a total creep and is very rude..

dubby

Bench
BTW, i do not condone that idiot who was biffed by Newman, he deserved a much harder hit than what he got...germ.

[furrycat]

Coach
Good on him for punching the farkwit. The video showed he got spat upon by the wanker. I would have done more than a little sucker punch... and you would have all too..

Getting spat on is just f**ked.

ali

Bench
Copa said:
Seemed to be dominated by the AFL fellows... I thought the NRL show could get low brow but those AFL guys are something else altogether...

Sam Newman asking that bloke if he was wealthy when I suspect he already knew the answer.. bit rude really.

Did Eddie refer to the "ARL Footy show" right near the end of the program?

If you ever hear another AFL person say that RL has a culture to despise, then all you need to do is mention the AFL footy show. I couldn't believe some of the stuff Sam was saying. The AFL guys definately acted more low brow than the NRL guys.

I didn't see the end. Were there any mentions of RL or AFL being played in Germany? The RL guys in Germany were initially promised a plug, but the AFL footy show producer apparently went cold in the last week.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
While I haven't seen a lot of Sam Newman, and I don't condone people spitting on him, I can see why it would happen. The guy is an absolute tool. A complete f**king muppet. The way the two little AFL knobs were sitting up there like adolescent children giggling at their dirty remarks all the way through. It was disgusting. They have the maturity of 3 year olds - I swear if I heard one more remark about their sex lives I was going to be sick. That crap with the "Brazilian" - yeah heaps funny you absolute f**king idiot. I am wondering if anyone thought that sh*t was funny. The guy is a f**king creep, the way he was leaning into the girls, making what were down-right stupid comments.

I am sick of the AFL now on Channel 9. Frankly, Eddie can go and shove his head up his stupid AFL-loving arse. Its not even that I don't like AFL, but I should be free to make my own mind up, not have the sh*t shoved down my throat.

I'm at the point where I want Channel 9 to give up the NRL altogether. I groan every time I see my team scheduled to be shown on Channel 9, because I know that it will be a very LONG and DRAWN OUT game. The commentators on Fox aren't particularly better or worse (with the exception of Tallis - who is very ordinary indeed!), and at least the games are shown live (with the exception I know of the delayed telecasts - but at least there are no ads).

Eddie should stop trying to combine the codes. His vision is blurred and I think he has no idea what people really want... Or, more to the point, what we don't want. TAKE THE f**kING HINT EDDIE - we don't want to watch your enflated ego on television talking about AFL.

mickdo

Coach
Some farkwit said:
As opposed to spitting on someone? Can't believe this turd is sticking up for the spitter. What a dick.

scottyeel

Bench
Like Warney said last night, if someone spat on him he would have knocked them down and then started kicking them. Sam might be an absolute wank3r, but he was well within his rights to smack that dirty prlck!

Latest posts