What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Footy Show

t-ba

Post Whore
bigdogsgottaeat said:
How much of a legend is Warnie? Is there anyone on the forum that actually wishes they weren't Shane Warne???

Me. He's a Victorian FFS :oops:

ali

Bench
It sounds as though Newman deserved it. Apparently he quite likes bagging soccer, so what did he expect walking in a room of pissed soccer fans.

Brutus

Referee
Shocking show full of cross-promotional bullsh*t and AFL dickheads.

Both Footy Shows are as bad as each other.

Mr Saab

Referee
ali said:
It sounds as though Newman deserved it. Apparently he quite likes bagging soccer, so what did he expect walking in a room of pissed soccer fans.

ummmmmmm verbal abuse.
I dont particulary like certain sports stars, but i wouldnt spit on them.

brendothejet

First Grade
Newman is a scumbag.

AFL is crap.

Eddie McGuire is an AFL touting creep.

Nine don't care about the game, just the ratings.

Well Im glad the world cup special shed some light for us all.

poojar

Juniors
ali said:

He turned up at a function he was invited to by the fanatics, its not like he gatecrashed the place.

Dirty bugger spat on him so sam hit him, i would of hit him a lot harder.

sooperdooper

First Grade
deadset what is wrong with some of you ppl in here?
so its ok for ppl to jump on a rugby league bandewagon but when someone from AFL jumps onto the bandwagon to support OUR country there is something wrong with it?
deadset grow up.

mickdo

Coach
ali said:
Deserved being spat on... riiiggghhht :crazy:

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
deadset what is wrong with some of you ppl in here?
so its ok for ppl to jump on a rugby league bandewagon but when someone from AFL jumps onto the bandwagon to support OUR country there is something wrong with it?
deadset grow up.

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting behind OUR country. I think its fantastic that we've shown such great support.

My problem with it is that I hardly think people like Sam Newman and Fatty Vautin are qualified really to talk about a sport they clearly know f**k all about. I'm sure that the vast majority of the panel last night would not even know half the rules.

I think the show would've carried more weight if it actually included some soccer personalities (except for brief moments with Vidmar - wow he was exciting - & Frank Farina). I mean seriously, what was with the guy from Without a Trace? The connection Eddie tried to make was weak at best ("Hollwood FC"? WTF?)

The honest truth is that Eddie came up with a way to cash-in on a sport that the commercial networks have traditionally never given a sh*t about. Now that its become popular, Eddie "jumps on the bandwagon" to make money.

brendothejet

First Grade
i cant believe you guys are saying its ok to punch someone.

if paul vautin or cheif had punched a bloke for spitting on him then RL would be crucified.

dubby

Bench
brendothejet said:

if paul vautin or cheif had punched a bloke for spitting on him then RL would be crucified.

If Fatty or Cheif hit him, he would have stayed hit, not hit with the saddest punch i've ever seen thrown by a man..:cool:

Mr Saab

Referee
brendothejet said:

If i was to spit on a league player or any sportsman for that matter i would expect a smack in the mouth. Spitting is a low act...lowest of the low.
This knob got exactly what he deserved.
Just because Same Newman is a "celebrity" (d grade) doesnt mean he should treat people with kitten gloves when spat on.

Hindyscrack

Bench
bigdogsgottaeat said:
I mean seriously, what was with the guy from Without a Trace? The connection Eddie tried to make was weak at best ("Hollwood FC"? WTF?)

LaPaglia (sp) is part owner of Sydney FC and a big supporter of Australian Soccer... Has been attending the Socceroos games with the fans...

That what the connection is...

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Hindyscrack said:
LaPaglia (sp) is part owner of Sydney FC and a big supporter of Australian Soccer... Has been attending the Socceroos games with the fans...

That what the connection is...

Not saying he wasn't a good bloke - and he definitely knew a lot more about the game than the rest of the panel - but it was ultimately a pretty shameless effort to plug another Channel 9 show. Maybe if they had sold him as the "part owner of Sydney FC" rather than a "real beaut actor who happens to be another great Channel 9 show" it would've been a more obvious connection.

This "specatacular" would've been a lot better on SBS.

mickdo

Coach
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Not saying he wasn't a good bloke - and he definitely knew a lot more about the game than the rest of the panel - but it was ultimately a pretty shameless effort to plug another Channel 9 show. Maybe if they had sold him as the "part owner of Sydney FC" rather than a "real beaut actor who happens to be another great Channel 9 show" it would've been a more obvious connection.

This "specatacular" would've been a lot better on SBS.
They definitely mentioned that he was a Sydney FC owner. Get over it.

Paullyboy

Coach
I didnt watch if because I knew it would be dribble. It seems like you guys all watched it looking for ammo to bag it.

JUST DONT WATCH THE BLOODY THING!

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
mickdo said:
They definitely mentioned that he was a Sydney FC owner. Get over it.

Sorry Mrs McGuire.

Everyone - the footy show was great! YAY! Channel 9 rules! YAY!!!

The only things that could've made the Spectacular even MORE Spectacular:

- Having Kerri-Anne talk about the impact the world cup will have on Australia
- Getting Bert Newton to talk about the atmosphere
- Tracy Grimshaw to analyze the 1st game against Japan (?)

Surely they could work in Jamie Durie somehow - what about a backyard challenge with rugby and AFL players, and we'll pretend they're playing for different national soccer federations. Yeah, that'd be heaps cool. Then we'll have Ronan Keating come out and sing some of the Channel 9 theme songs. That'd be awesome man.

Palms

Juniors
Of course Eddie is going to jump on the bandwagon and try and make money out of it..he is after all running ch9 and im sure one of his jobs KPI's is to be making money after all. As usuall though, they just went about the show the wrong way.