What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be sacking Trent Barret or even Des Hasler?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Objective view.
Micky Lane gave a well thought out read on how he sees thing related to the Dragons season.
Whether you agree or disagree with him..
To call someone a F...wit. and the ravings of a clueless imbecile.
Shows you to have a very low IQ.
While myself being disappointed in some of our performances.
I believe we are a decent half back away from being a top 4 side.
I suppose in your eyes, that makes me clueless as well.
Give it your best sunshine.
Your name objective view should be changed to
Its my view or the highway

Crush

Coach
I'd be sacking Hasler if I was the Dogs and I wouldn't be signing him if I was Doust. Hasler has had 100% control over the Dogs roster and play style and they've absolutely flatlined. Besides, Hasler is death to development systems. Think the juniors don't get a run now? Hasler would ship them all off to the Roosters and Sharks.

I wouldn't have signed Barrett in the first place, all that talk of next super coach after a few consecutive wins was hilarious.

Mary has the best forward pack in the comp and probably one of the three or four worst back lines. Apart from Dugan, Aitken and Widdop (and they all have more off days than on days) we have little speed or power out wide and with Dugan's lack of offense, no danger from the back. Our forward pack is consistently great and keeps us in almost every game BUT every game basically depends on whether the backs can get their act together. If Widdop's having an off day, forget it.
I totally agree with this.

mickeylane

Bench
Just to set the record straight on what makes a successful coach
"Sports coaching experts will tell you that player relationships and getting the best out of individuals is probably 80 per cent of the job before technical knowledge and strategy come in to play."

BringTheNoise

Juniors
"Sports coaching experts will tell you that player relationships and getting the best out of individuals is probably 80 per cent of the job before technical knowledge and strategy come in to play."

Well on that note he has done an excellent job with Mann.

Life's Good

Coach

And???? I fail to see what the connection this statement has to our Coach??

BennyV

Referee
And???? I fail to see what the connection this statement has to our Coach??
Mickey is pointing out that the areas Mary is failing are mentioned as the most important to coaching.

I think after those areas there is the 'painting the gym' criteria which makes up 0.0005% of a coaches value, but that's where McMoron thrives.

Life's Good

Coach
Mickey is pointing out that the areas Mary is failing are mentioned as the most important to coaching.

I think after those areas there is the 'painting the gym' criteria which makes up 0.0005% of a coaches value, but that's where McMoron thrives.

Which translates to 4/12 and a 2 year extension. SMH.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think each year the coach needs to make some changes and Mary has done that this year whilst guys like Des and Maguire are sticking to what they have done 3 years ago. May have been successful then but not now they have been worked out. Not saying Mary is a better coach but that these 2 mainly Des are really struggling. Trent does not have the cattle and Madge has lost Inglis who on his day makes a huge difference so you can't really bag him just yet. I think people have forgotten what an impact player he is. I hope Des stays at the Dogs cause he is really proving to be a coach on the decline. Also Robinson had a poor year last year with Pearce out and when he came back they nearly won every game.

There is more upside in Barrett and Mary than there is in Des. Maguire just put his faith on 3 players which have cost him (Inglis, Sam Burgess and Reynolds all injured or playing injured most of the season). When the 3 are fit the Rabbits are a good side. Last year they went on a good run in back end of the season when they had the 3 players all in the side.

Old Timer

Coach
The thing that makes a successful coach is the end results and nothing else.
All this psychoanalysis of what makes a this or that is all well and good but we are dealing with players who in most cases are not that smart and the coaches are no Einstein's either.
So analyse all you like but the players have to be fit, strong and have some ability and the coach has to be able to get it all to blend and provide the strategy that wins and TBPH I don't give a tinkers toss how he gets there as long as he does and doesn't break the rules doing it but I suspect technical knowledge will account for a lot more than 20% especially with the juniors coming through.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good players also make good coaches. Look at Hagan, a champion at Knights with Joey Johns running the show and when he went to Parra was terrible. Ricky Stuart got Chooks a GF and nothing since. On the back of a good Roosters side with Freddy as coach.