What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Money In The Bank *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
200px-Money_in_the_Bank_%282011%29_poster.jpg

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. John Cena (c)

World Championship Match
Christian vs. Randy Orton (c)

Raw Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. Kofi Kingston vs. R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara vs. Sheamus vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel

WWE Diva's Title Match
Brie Bella vs Kelly Kelly (c)

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Punk/Cena intrigues me even though it suffers from being an unoriginal match up. However, I wonder if the WWE has the balls to let Punk win the championship and have the MitB winner save it? Giving Punk time off (Noooooooooo) and giving us a new champion in the mean time?

Christian/Orton...it's all been done.

MitB - Hate the concept but could work here.

Plutonium

Has anybody got an update on Punk “leaving the WWE”? I know a while back he wasn’t pleased with the direction of his character and at that stage he had not signed a contract. Given his current push I assume that has all be resolved which makes for a fascinating situation at MITB.

As for the MITB matches themselves, I think it will look something like the following.

RAW

Miz v ADR v Truth v Bourne v Alex Riley v Big Show v Mysterio v ?? (Kofi maybe?)

I See ADR winning

Smackdown

Cody Rhodes v Kane v Sheamus v Sin Cara v Ted Dibiase v Wade barrett v Daniel Bryan v ?? (Gabriel/Slater/Clay ??)

This one is a lottery. I could see Barrett winning.

DB

First Grade
I'd imagine Del Rio to win Raw MITB. CM Punk to beat Cena, then Del Rio to cash in and beat Punk.

Raw MITB
Kofi vs JoMo vs Miz vs ARi vs Dolph vs Del Rio vs Truth vs Rey

I'd like to see Dolph win it, but I think Del Rio will (I don't think he needs it). Miz and Rey don't need it, Kofi and JoMo are not world champion material (especially for Raw), Truth won't need it to get over and ARi is way too green (although incredibly awesome).

Smackdown MITB
Barrett vs Rhodes vs Cara vs Bryan vs Sheamus vs Jackson vs DiBiase vs Gabriel

I would LOVE to see Cody Rhodes win it (his Disfigured gimmick is epic) and set up a long fued between him and Randy, but I think Wade Barrett is getting the "Drop the minor win the major strap" treatment. Daniel Bryan could also do with the win to help elevate him, although I don't think I could take him seriously as a world champion yet. DiBiase and Gabriel aren't world champion material and Jackson should hold his strap for a while. Cara isn't ready yet and Sheamus does not need it at all.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Raw MITB

I'd like to see Dolph win it, but I think Del Rio will (I don't think he needs it). Miz and Rey don't need it, Kofi and JoMo are not world champion material (especially for Raw), Truth won't need it to get over and ARi is way too green (although incredibly awesome).

Smackdown MITB

I would LOVE to see Cody Rhodes win it (his Disfigured gimmick is epic) and set up a long fued between him and Randy, but I think Wade Barrett is getting the "Drop the minor win the major strap" treatment. Daniel Bryan could also do with the win to help elevate him, although I don't think I could take him seriously as a world champion yet. DiBiase and Gabriel aren't world champion material and Jackson should hold his strap for a while. Cara isn't ready yet and Sheamus does not need it at all.
Kill yourself.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Bryan Danielson is only the best wrestler of the last decade. But apparently that isn't enough to be taken seriously by you.

Bryan Danielson is only the best wrestler of the last decade. But apparently that isn't enough to be taken seriously by you.

With a nerd gimmick, no. For most of his US title reign he was doing comedy stuff. I rate the guy no doubt, but he is completely wasted in his current capacity.

Big Pete

Referee
Raw MITB

Smackdown MITB

Safe money certainly suggests Del Rio wins it, even though it does seem a little redundant considering he qualified as no. 1 contender last night on the Raw taping. But considering Rock/Cena is essentially a lock for the WWE championship (the right move) I think a delayed MitB cash in would just result in a huge mess and needs to be performed quickly. Ideally, I would have had Mysterio cash it in and save the WWE Championship from Punk and in the process set up a big Mysterio/Cena clash at SummerSlam but with the new stip added to the match I can just see somebody like ADR cash it in on Cena post-match leading to a program where surprise surprise Cena comes out on top.

Smackdown is certainly trickier. I like Rhodes but this paper bag bit is getting stale, it should have been used at best as a two week bit before moving on and giving him a serious feud BUT this is the WWE we're talking about. They milk bits until they turn into powder. Now can I get a 'Damn' in here? Barrett to win and insert himself into the main event picture, where he belonged in the first place.

As for Bryan, normally I'd say great in-ring competitors don't make for great WWE champions but in a day and age where Swagger, Miz and Ziggler have had championship reigns it really wouldn't matter. His WWE career has been stagnant for about 8 months now after a good start where they basically dedicated an entire show to him and had him star in the second biggest show of the year.

If it was me, I'd be setting up a Christian/Bryan feud for SummerSlam. Imagine just how good that match would be if given time.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The only thing stopping Bryan Danielson from being credible is the WWE because they hate to put over independent stars. He has the capacity to use his fame to build great feuds against WWE made guys in a similar vein to how Punk is being pushed at present. We heard all this shit from WWE apologists that he is boring and offers nothing on the mic. Well he put that theory to bed and buried Micheal Cole. He played a big part in elevating the heart on Micheal Cole and The Miz.

There is no one with more credibility in the industry than Danielson. The WWE knows how to book him but they refuse to. They had Chris Benoit as an intense competitor only he couldn't live with Danielson on the mic (nor in the ring to be honest). Announce him as "The American Dragon" whilst he comes out to "The Final Countdown" and let him go back to kicking heads in. Book him as a tweener building on his independent background whilst he bashes the company and you have a massive star. We all know it would build like Austins Stone Cold gimmick but the WWE won't put over independent wrestling.

I know it won't happen. Luckily I've got Davey Richards to cheer for now. I just hope against hope the clusterf**k that is TNA wakes up. The company has so much potential but is being run into the ground.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
And bring back the f**king Cattle Mutational and MMA Elbows. I know the company is so full of roid apes that it is impossible to apply to most guys but he should be booked against guys who can actually wrestle. The MMA Elbows would help with the intense gimmick but they actually require him to be put over so that won't happen.

Big Pete

Referee
I knew you were already an ROH mark but you really took it to the next level with that post.

Bryan is good but he'll never ever reach Austin's level.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I'm only a ROH mark because they put on good matches. They deliver what I'm looking for in a wrestling show. Looking back on ROH mid 2000's you realize how great it was. To be honest with you, I don't think you have watched enough of this period to offer a true opinion.

As usual you resort to making up assertions. I said it would build like Austins Stone Cold gimmick, where it culminates is impossible to say. If they smashed him over hard enough who knows but I never said he would reach Austins level. That is just a blatant distortion.

I think you are underestimating how big a star he really was on the independent scene. He dwarfed CM Punk with his ROH run. This is the best wrestler of the last decade and the best performer to ever step into a WWE ring and the biggest push he has got since being fired is dancing with the Bellas.

And Austin had a great gimmick that went over put he was average in the ring. I'm surprised CM Punk didn't included Austin on that ass kissing list because that is where he belongs.

Big Pete

Referee
I never said you did, it was my own point.

I'll stand by my original point that great in-ring workers don't automatically great champions. Bryan maybe one of the best I've seen but as a package I could never see him as a massive star. Then again our definitions may differ on that point as I'm thinking of guys such as Hogan, Rock and Austin.

Austin post neck injury may not have been as great a wrestler but he was still one of the best brawlers and his run in 2001 was incredible. Before it, he was definitely better than average.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Please if Brett Hart or Kurt Angle can be a massive star than so can Bryan Danielson. Only this guy is in the position to draw a lot of heat or get smashed over using his best in the world gimmick. There is no bullshit required. He will never be Hogan, Austin, Rock because he is a wrestler not a B grade actor.

I think it says a lot about your mentality that you admit he might be one of the best you've seen in the ring but don't think he can cut it as the champion. It's an embarrassing place for the industry to be in where what really matters is your look and not whether you can go in the ring.

This is one guy guaranteed to have the match of the year if you let him do his thing. Yet you doubt he would make a great champion? Laughable. Dragon carried Chris Jerricho, the heavyweight champion at the time, in his first match on NXT. And it was on PPV he still would have carried him.

Where are all these great champions because I don't see any in the company at present. They have smashed over so many guys who didn't deserve it. Why not try someone who got there on talent not because he worked out the Bosses son-in-law.

They have two belts and are struggling to give them legitimacy. The WWE has gone stale and the PPV's suck. Why not try someone with talent as the champ? It might not hurt to have a 4-5 star match on these piss weak cards.

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I really wish he had gone to TNA. I could live with him stuck in the X division stealing the show on every PPV. At least they wouldn't handicap him.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't see Angle or Hart as 'massive stars' so I suppose that proves my earlier point.

As per my original post I don't have an issue with Bryan winning the belt in this day and age but don't see the guy becomming a succesful megastar in the majors.

Latest posts