What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Money In The Bank *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
And that's the show.

Cena tried to prevent the screw job and it cost him in one hell of a match. Won't go as far to call it MotY as it did verge on the overkill territory at times but right up there and probably the WWE's best effort.

Smarkeriffic.

Sounded like a fantastic match. Will be interesting to see where they head with this angle. I can see CM Punk gloating on Raw tomorrow and have someone cash in on him to drop the title.

But what I would love is for Daniel Bryan to cash in on him away from the WWE, say at a ROH PPV.

*yawn*

No cash in from Bryan. They could just troll everyone and make him the first unsuccesful cash in.

Having Bryan cash in and fail would actually work. Have him lose (to a quick roll up), then go nuts, say he's the best wrestler in the company and he demands a rematch. They don't give it to him. He goes on a long winning streak and destroys all the people he beats, saying losing that match lit a fire inside him, getting him from his lame nerd gimmick the WWE has him doing. Have him beat everyone, then win the rumble and win the strap at mania next year (from the person he originally lost to, either Orton or Christian). If nothing else, it is something different.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
If I'm not mistaken, since they've started the MITB PPV, isn't the Smackdown MITB match only for the Smackdown World Championship (i.e. the big WCW belt) thus Bryan couldn't cash in on Punk as he has the WWE Championship (hence the Del Rio almost-cash in)?

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, I was referring to the post Orton-Christian match where Orton was beating the tar out of Christian.

Bryan was probably selling the MitB match.

Y'know, I thought it was odd to protect them over their poster boy a couple of weeks ago.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
After I heard Dragon won I downloaded the show. Dragon/Del Rio/Christian/Punk good to see the right guys go over for once. I don't think this PPV really works, the Raw MITB match was meh given we had already seen one early. Doesn't match up well to TNA's X-Division either. The Punk hype saved what would have been a dull PPV.

The main event was botch city. I haven't watched Cena wrestle for months but he gets worse everytime I see him. The crowd were into it and it was well booked but I don't think the match was anything special. Punk didn't really bring it either. Still the hype made it into a good match I guess.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Having Bryan cash in and fail would actually work. Have him lose (to a quick roll up), then go nuts, say he's the best wrestler in the company and he demands a rematch. They don't give it to him. He goes on a long winning streak and destroys all the people he beats, saying losing that match lit a fire inside him, getting him from his lame nerd gimmick the WWE has him doing. Have him beat everyone, then win the rumble and win the strap at mania next year (from the person he originally lost to, either Orton or Christian). If nothing else, it is something different.
This booking is acceptable to me :D

Big Pete

Referee
Watched it again after the first attempt was a little choppy.

Both MitB matches succeeded in seperating themselves from each other being paced and worked differently. Sure, having two matches is overkill but that was obvious from the outset and in the end we received two entertaining contests.

Henry/Show was surprisingly decent with the story revolving around Henry exploiting Show's knee injury. Both guys hit some good spots and kept the match simple and precise.

Orton/Christian was another good entry into their feud with a dour finish that was forgivable given the context of the show.

Cena/Punk was a great match that had everything you could have wanted from a Pro Wrestling match. Well structured, with good transitions, well paced, good action, good drama and a well booked exciting finish with the right guy going over. Granted, Cena's size got in the way of his chain wrestling and there were some blown landings but nothing that seriously hurt the match. Definite MotY nominee and we all tune into later today to see what the resolution will be.

Awesome PPV, awesome main event, awesome Punk. Just....awesome. It didnt feel like a WWE show, it felt so much realer than the shit they have been shoving down our throats fr so long

RedVDave

First Grade
Just on a few previous posts I can't personally ever see anyone losing when they have the money in the back briefcase as they always put over that everyone who has it has always gone on to win the WWE title with a 100% success rate the only time I can see someone losing with MITB is when they want to get rid of the concept which I cannot see happening anytime soon.

ByRd

First Grade
Just finished watching Money in the bank and i have to say that it was one of the best PPV in a long time, the Chicago crowd was going freaking nuts the whole time and the reaction CM Punk got was unreal.

Matt23

Staff member
Just finished watching Money in the bank and i have to say that it was one of the best PPV in a long time, the Chicago crowd was going freaking nuts the whole time and the reaction CM Punk got was unreal.
Same here, that was f**king awesome

Latest posts