What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Foz

Bench
Yes but it is not as though Liverpool have a lot of game between now and the end of the season. He returned to full training in October 2016, and considering we have week/s between matches till the end of the season, now is the time to start using him for a game or two (presuming he is fully fit).

One thing though, the next transfer window the hierarchy at LFC need to get busy. This season has reinforced we have some quality players, but not much outside the starting 11. We really need to fill out the squad with more depth but also with quality too. We need quality players in certain positions (e.g. left back, striker, wing) to make up for deficiencies in the squad, whilst we also need some more depth (e.g. centre back, right back). We don't need to see a lot of signings which are "for the future" or solely "for depth".
We had Ilori who must of upset someone not to get more opportunities in the top side.He looked the part in the lower grades (ones I saw on LFC tv anyway)and didn't let anyone down when he had the odd top team appearance.Its not like we have quality central defenders.Agree we have to get the right players but on one hand we are giving Lucas and Lovren plenty of chances and gave this kid limited opportunities.We had a problem with Sakho not considered so we go and sell Ilori and no replacement in sight.
Ilori has about 5 yards on Lucas for pace over 20 yards.
Would've done a better job on the Leicester striker on the weekend for sure(assuming he was fit).
Anyway hope he turns out ok for Reading

Last edited:

Foz

Bench
We have to be the most frustrating team in all of sport.
We'd have to have a better record against the top 5 or 6 sides than the bottom 5 or 6 wouldn't we?
I can't remember us getting beat by a top 5 side.Is that right?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We'd have to have a better record against the top 5 or 6 sides than the bottom 5 or 6 wouldn't we?
I can't remember us getting beat by a top 5 side.Is that right?

Chelsea - 1 win and Draw
Spurs - 1win and a Draw
City - 1 Win and still one to play
Arsenal - 2 Wins
Man U - 2 draws.

We're yet to lose to a fellow top 6 side but have lost to 4 sides that are last or just above. It's incredibly frustrating. We must be a punters nightmare.

saint.nick

Coach
Chelsea - 1 win and Draw
Spurs - 1win and a Draw
City - 1 Win and still one to play
Arsenal - 2 Wins
Man U - 2 draws.

We're yet to lose to a fellow top 6 side but have lost to 4 sides that are last or just above. It's incredibly frustrating. We must be a punters nightmare.
I don't think there's ever been a team like us before Jack...

And f**k tactics and 'plan B', if Liverpool walk out of that players tunnel against the parked bus that will be Burnley with the same kind of desire and passion then they will find a way to win. That is the team's problem. They relatively struggle against parked buses not because 'the style doesn't suit small teams' but because they're too goddamn comfortable and complacent.

cb4

First Grade
I don't know what to say anymore. Hopefully that break away league happens so we play good teams every week.

According to ESPNFC, rumours abound that PSG are interested in signing Sturridge. Snag (from our point of view) is they want to take him on loan first before buying.

Foz

Bench
We had our chances.City had their chances too.

Only surprise was it was only 1-1.

We have the Everton game left and the rest of the games against teams lower than them.
Only ourselves to blame if we don't finish top 4 but we all know these are the games we stuff up.

cb4

First Grade
It really is us v United in the battle for fourth.
On the plus side, they have away games to Tottenham, Arsenal and City, plus a home game against United.
Going against us is we are playing teams we will struggle to break down.

It really is in our control now, we have to get over the mental slump of playing awful teams and just go for the kill.

The game this morning will always be remembered for that miss by Lallana. I had already celebrated. I don't know how he f**ked it up.

saint.nick

Coach
It really is us v United in the battle for fourth.
On the plus side, they have away games to Tottenham, Arsenal and City, plus a home game against United.
Going against us is we are playing teams we will struggle to break down.

It really is in our control now, we have to get over the mental slump of playing awful teams and just go for the kill.

The game this morning will always be remembered for that miss by Lallana. I had already celebrated. I don't know how he f**ked it up.
It's absolutely painful to think about, isn't it...

It definitely is in our control. There is no excuse for not making the top 4, United's run home is that much harder than ours

It really is us v United in the battle for fourth

That will be an interesting game to watch. Do you think Mourhino will have them park the bus for that match? ;) :p

p.s.

Sorry cb, I just couldn't help myself.

thorson1987

Coach
Liverpool looking at the possibility of being hit with a transfer ban - http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/sto...nt-in-face-of-reported-potential-transfer-ban

Only on academy players.

The rules were changed midway through negotiations re. Paying school fees.

We went to the FA and were told we couldn't so backed out of the deal.

Kid also didn't want to leave his private school and parents expected us to pay his fees.

Will more than likely be a fine. But has nothing to do with the 1st team.

Good 3-1 win over Everton. Couthino played incredibly well, as did Emre Can and Mane. Only downside is Mane's knee injury. That Ashley Williams tackle on Emre Can in the second half though I was surprised it was not a red card as it was very nasty, studs up into his knee cap. I was surprised Can got up and was able to walk it off.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Good win but f**king hell we were lucky with that game. Those dirty bastards turned up to end our season but not on the table.
Barkley should have had 2 yellows, I definitely don't think the challenge on Lovren was a straight red but he should have been on his first yellow.

I will back Lovren here, for Barkley to argue with the ref was disgusting. he should have at least checked on Lovrens welfare. I thought straight away it was a cracked ankle or ligaments. The only thing in Barkleys favour of not getting a straight red was he had the ball but Lovren got there first.

Williams on Can was as blatant a Red as you will ever see. How Can got up walked it off and still dominated is beyonnd me.

With the Mancs drawing this morning we need to clean Bournemouth up tomorrow. Put on a 3-4 goal lead and boost the F/A a bit more.