What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your clubs biggest wasted year?

The Preacher

First Grade
'74 - missed semi's for the first time in decades. '85'92'93'96'99 second again and again.
'04'05'06, achey breaky heart. :(

Winston Smith

Juniors
skeepe said:
1993 was hard for the Raiders, as was 2003... we were a Jason Bulgarelli dropped ball away from meeting the Panthers in the preliminary final, a team we had the measure of.

1993 was a tragedy ...Raiders were romping it in for the premiership until Ricky Stuart broke his ankle, then the lack of a backup halfback really killed us.

2003, not so sure. Should have beaten the Warriors (damn you , Bulgarelli), a good chance of beating Penrith but I think the Roosters well and truly had our measure that year.

macavity

Referee
2000 we had the best team in the comp, were all fit, and had all the emotion in the world to get over the line. Unfortunately Fittler (and an ordinary Rooters team) did a job on us in the PF. I was in tears on the way out of the SFS that year.

2002 and 2003 we also had a great team but injury cruelled us.

1988 - minor premiers. bombed out
1995 - up by 12 against both manly and newcastle in the finals. lost both. bombed out
1996- lost 24 nil in the prelim final
1999- minor premiers. choke
2001- stumbled against the knights in the prelim final. could have easily won the premiership

the ando/raper reigime. what a waste!

skeepe

Immortal
What about 2002 RCB? You went down to the Warriors pretty meekly in the preliminary final again.

t-ba

Post Whore
2000-2.

f**king Bears...We let Mark Gerrard and George Smith off the books because of the JV. Maybe if we'd saved them from that joke of a sport, they might have become respectable sportsmen...

t-ba

Post Whore
skeepe said:
The wrong team survived.

Yeah. Super League scum like Canberra should have been kicked to the curb for nearly killing the game through their own greed :roll:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
1998- Had the chance to make the Grand Final and blew it
1999- Same with 1998
2001- The biggest one, minor premiers, only 4 losses, best attacking team, best defending and f**ked it up in the most important game of the year.
2005- Minor Premiers, and played sh*tthouse in the last game

Munky

Coach
2005 was a year Penrith should have dominated.

We had the majority of our team from 03/04 but played like sh*t for the majority of the season.

We went on a 5 match winning streak at the end of the season and if we hadn't thrown away numerous match winning leads during the season we would have made the eight.

Considering the quality of the top 8 in 2005 I reckon we would have done pretty well considering we ran right over the top of the Tigers in the final round.

kooriguy

Juniors
Penrith have never choked.. deadset we have won the minor premiership twice and won the grand final on both occasions.

badav

Bench
2002. Should have beaten the roosters in the GF qualifier

2005. Dominant for much of the season, then fell away something massive.

Smiley

Bench
As a Broncos fan i would have to say 2003.

Lead the comp up until round 17, fell from 1st to 8th in 9 rounds and kicked out of the finals by Panthers in the first week.

Lost 9 of our last 10 games of the season.

petetheileet

First Grade
'05 i would say would have been our best chance looking at the team we had, last year was tough as well considering we had played ourselves into such great form leading into the prelim

Garts

Bench
1995 easily.

I know we were beaten in 97 but it was a split competition is really would have been a hollow premiership.

Latest posts