What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your hangover treatment

azzah72

Bench
b4 i go to sleep, a piece of bread and butter, maybe two, 1 big glass of water, a second big glass of water with a berocca and panadol rapid soluable cocktail, then another big glass of water, then sleep with eye covers and ear plugs .... if you can get them in.

Usually need to wake up to pee but the bread soaks up a bit of the alcohol, the water rehydrates and pana/berrocca cocktail fills in the gaps and gets rid of the headache.

Sleep as much as u possibly can.

Next morning, fruit salad.

works for me every time, i hate wasting day because i smashed myself the night before. this usually gets me up and kicking.

HowHigh

Coach
I suggest if you drank 2L of water, that's what made you sick.
lol not like i skulled 2L of water in a minute..I usually try stay awake for an hour or 2 when i get home and sober up a little
More drunk u go sleep the worse the hangover

RHCP

Bench
I find that guzzling some milk before I crash can help dull the morning after.

adamkungl

Immortal
Have a lot of water before bed.

When you wake up, have a lot more water. Then maccas or some other greasy food. Then a beer.

A few points.

1. Sculling water before bed does nothing but make u need to pee. If you drink 1L of water in half an hr before bed you wont absorb half of it.

2. Panadol can also be detrimental as both alcohol and paracetamol are metabolised in the liver possibly even the same enzyme. So ur making your body do more work, and maybe not of much benefit.

In my experience with hangovers, my number 1 best remedy is this: The severity of the hangover is directly proportional to the amount of sleep I have. The next best thing for me is a shower, then a sugary drink, then some food.
But this is just me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Choccy Thickshakes from maccas for the morning or if its later in the day, a double cheese burger meal, large with bacon on the burge and an extra maccas coke
maccas coke is where its at

Choccy Thickshakes from maccas for the morning or if its later in the day, a double cheese burger meal, large with bacon on the burge and an extra maccas coke

Ill see your maccas fix and raise you 6 maccas hashbrowns.

jessien

Juniors
A few points.

1. Sculling water before bed does nothing but make u need to pee. If you drink 1L of water in half an hr before bed you wont absorb half of it.

2. Panadol can also be detrimental as both alcohol and paracetamol are metabolised in the liver possibly even the same enzyme. So ur making your body do more work, and maybe not of much benefit.

In my experience with hangovers, my number 1 best remedy is this: The severity of the hangover is directly proportional to the amount of sleep I have. The next best thing for me is a shower, then a sugary drink, then some food.
But this is just me.

Even absorbing half the water would be of great help. Alcohol dehyrdates you, that is a substantial part of the negative effects the next day. The other part of course are the metabolites of alcohol, and no amount of water drinking will let you dodge them.

spider

Coach
smash a bottle of gatorade (2 if possible)

guaranteed to rehydrate and fix you up within an hour or two

Danish

Referee

Maccas coke has magical healing qualities

perverse

Referee
a Berocca in a big f**king glass, as much nurofen+ as i can fit in my fist and something greasey.

billy2

Juniors
a Berocca in a big f**king glass, as much nurofen+ as i can fit in my fist and something greasey.
Don't take more than the recommended dose of Nurofen plus - it can be harmful in several ways.
Don't take it for a hangover at all.
Nurofen maybe - but Nurofen plus is for serious pain and contains opiates that could be addictive.
I've had two in my entire life - and i had a broken arm that wasn't set yet.

From the product information leaflet on Nurofen plus

If you take too much
(overdose)

If you take too much of this medicine
you may experience nausea or upset
stomach, vomiting and gastric
irritation, drowsiness, dizziness or
very slow, laboured breathing. You
may also experience blurred vision,
ringing in the ears, or rapid
uncontrollable movements of the
eyes. Excitability, convulsions and