What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Preferred Team For Round 1.

Dave Q

Coach
1 Wesser
2 Merritt
3 Best
4 Champs
5 Tools
6 Wing
7 Sandow
8 Geddes
9 Luke
10 Roy
11 Stuart
12 Frog
13 Sutto

14 Falloon
15 Greenfield
16 Mcpherson/Pettybourne
17 Simpson

Pretty handy squad.

Dont see Crossman, Cappers (Capewell) or McQueen in there.

Falloon will most likely hit his straps sometime next season. Every game he plays he gets better with no signs of slowing down. He could be anything this kid.

I reckon the three trials we have next season are of the utmost importance for messers Geddes,Greenfield,Cleal and Crossman.I believe JT has not made his mind up at this early stage and will not settle on the other props postion until after the trials.Who ever performs the best out of those three trials will get the gig partnering Roy

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I reckon the three trials we have next season are of the utmost importance for messers Geddes,Greenfield,Cleal and Crossman.I believe JT has not made his mind up at this early stage and will not settle on the other props postion until after the trials.Who ever performs the best out of those three trials will get the gig partnering Roy

my money is on greeny. he came out of last off season as the form prop of the comp early in the year. he never really came back from that injury though

Dave Q

Coach
Its not like its a zero-sum game anyway.

Its a squad more than a team.

Injuries and suspensions will ensure that the side that takes the feild in round 12 will bear little resemblence to that which runs on at round 1 and of course the two rounds are worth equal points.

I wouldnt play any of the NZers or marquees in the trials.

Best shouldnt play either.

I think Kleal and Crossman under Tallis will have the right stuff.

I wouldnt want to be a forward who crosses Tallis. That would be painful.

Tim Sheens and Royce used to go right off at the Tigers in 2005. They were ruthless.

That lads is what it takes.

Still, its all very exciting and 2009 seems a long way away.

As Aaron says, I reckon a fit Greenfeild is the best of Newks bunch.

Last edited:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
the first thing i thought when i heard tallis would be working with the forwards is how much kleal would improve. the kid has all the intensity in the world, and a bloke like gordie will teach him how to use it to his benefit. it is for this reason i believe that even J-lowe may be a dark horse for a spot

Latest posts