What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for Rd 1 2017

Pjsaint

Juniors
My side with confirmed players only.

1. Dugan (although I believe his time at fullback is almost up due to time, injuries, and a general lack of pace).

2. MacDonald (fingers are crossed this bloke is superior to Nabuli).

3. Aitken (I have faith in the kid).

4. Milne (for now only, has a high error rate).

5. Nightingale (he plays out his career on his own terms).

6 Mann (personally, I feel five-eighth is the team's biggest worry....not halfback)

7. Widdop (good enough to make the transition)

13. DeBellin (stop playing him as a second pivot, coach).

12. Thompson (too inconsistent, needs to do more, should've gone close to SOO representation by now)

11. Frizzell (seriously needs to be considered for captaincy responsibilities)

10. Packer (there's too much pressure on this bloke to intimidate opposition sides)

9. Any of the girls from The Penthouse in Pitt Street would be better hooking options than the likes of McInnes, Havili, and McCrone.t

8. Au Mau (love his consistency and effort, but let's be 'fair dinkum', he is a 'Jon Green' style of player).

Reserves: here's were things get really tough.

14. Masoe (so much is hoped from a bloke coming back from a knee "reco", and is trying to resurrect an NRL career that was abbreviated by failed stints at the Roosters and Penrith).

15. Marketo (actually, I'm one of his few 'fans'....his versatility, enthusiasm, and sound defensive technique are all badly needed).

16. Host (kid has potential).

17. Leiluia (I strongly suspect he's going elsewhere now that McGregor has kept his job).

Postscript: Dunamis Lui should NEVER be considered for first grade again. Already punted by Brisbane and Manly, I wonder how many of my fellow posters noticed this guy doing his best 'Dan Hunt' during games. Truly awful.

Does anyone know Tyrone McCarthy's status for next year?
I like your selections except Drew needs to be given his chance and I'm betting if the cutters bet the bears he will have had a great game and I hope Luciano doesn't leave it would be good to see him host putting pressure on all the above aswellas Simms

thebigredv

First Grade
I like your selections except Drew needs to be given his chance and I'm betting if the cutters bet the bears he will have had a great game and I hope Luciano doesn't leave it would be good to see him host putting pressure on all the above aswellas Simms

I want to be wrong but Hutchinson seems like he will be a reserve grader for a long time to come.

p.s. fullstops serve a purpose.

Pjsaint

Juniors
I want to be wrong but Hutchinson seems like he will be a reserve grader for a long time to come.

p.s. fullstops serve a purpose.
We will see in about 42 hrs he needs to be given the opportunity .he's been loyal and paid his dues ,we owe him the chance to take the no7 . I hope he tears the bears apart

SaintPauli

Juniors
Who cares? The season is over before it's even begun. That is if you want to see the Dragons win. I'm giving some of your morons your wish and vacating this place. I have lost all interest. I think I'm going to jump on the Warriors and/or Gold Coast and/or NQ bandwagons next year. I see those teams being less in competition with the Dragons for sponsorship dollars, juniors and etc as well as playing entertaining style of game.

I will drop in occasionally to remind those who (incredibly) didn't see enough from Widdop this year to know he is an utter dud and together with McGregor and Doust, forms an axis of evil ruthlessly oppressing this once great club and team.
Jump and don't come back buddy. Once a dragon's fan is always a dragon's fan. That you are NOT. Good riddance

gregstar

Referee
1. Darius Boyd

2. Nathan Blacklock

3. Michael O'Connor

4. Chris Johns

5. Steve Morris

6. Anthony Mundine

7. Trent Barrett

8. Craig Young

9. Luke Priddis

10. Luke Bailey

11. Shaun Timmins

12. Craig Walsh

13. Graeme O'Grady

14. Pat Jarvis
15. Jason Stevens
16. Brian Johnston
17. David Barnhill

Coach; Creeping Jesus

CEO; Gregstar

gregstar

Referee
even today, o'connor in his mid fifties & o'grady in his early sixties would be more creative than the current bunch of gomers.

Pjsaint

Juniors
My side with confirmed players only.

1. Dugan (although I believe his time at fullback is almost up due to time, injuries, and a general lack of pace).

2. MacDonald (fingers are crossed this bloke is superior to Nabuli).

3. Aitken (I have faith in the kid).

4. Milne (for now only, has a high error rate).

5. Nightingale (he plays out his career on his own terms).

6 Mann (personally, I feel five-eighth is the team's biggest worry....not halfback)

7. Widdop (good enough to make the transition)

13. DeBellin (stop playing him as a second pivot, coach).

12. Thompson (too inconsistent, needs to do more, should've gone close to SOO representation by now)

11. Frizzell (seriously needs to be considered for captaincy responsibilities)

10. Packer (there's too much pressure on this bloke to intimidate opposition sides)

9. Any of the girls from The Penthouse in Pitt Street would be better hooking options than the likes of McInnes, Havili, and McCrone.

8. Sims (must continue his good from from the end of the season)

Reserves: here's were things get really tough.

14. Masoe (so much is hoped from a bloke coming back from a knee "reco", and is trying to resurrect an NRL career that was abbreviated by failed stints at the Roosters and Penrith).

15. Marketo (actually, I'm one of his few 'fans'....his versatility, enthusiasm, and sound defensive technique are all badly needed).

16. Au Mau (is much improved but is still a 'Jon Green' style of player.

17. Leiluia (I strongly suspect he's going elsewhere now that McGregor has kept his job).

Postscript: Dunamis Lui should NEVER be considered for first grade again. Already punted by Brisbane and Manly, I wonder how many of my fellow posters noticed this guy doing his best 'Dan Hunt' during games. Truly awful.

Does anyone know Tyrone McCarthy's status for next year?
I can honestly say i seen great football for the dragons today's lead his well and deserved the mom medal come all you dragons supporters get behind Drew and all the rest of our juniors stop holding them back

thebigredv

First Grade
I can honestly say i seen great football for the dragons today's lead his well and deserved the mom medal come all you dragons supporters get behind Drew and all the rest of our juniors stop holding them back

I've already stated that I am not watching a McGregor coached team...I don't hold much hope for poor Drew with such a coach but I hope he can overcome the impediment that is the current first grade coach. He does seem talented against other reserve graders.

Grand final was supposed to be our big day...when they were free to announce Mary's sacking but instead our hopes were dashed in the most conniving of fashions midweek. I think I might rather a drug controversy than this current self implosion we are going through....

anyway good luck Drew and congrats.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Apropos my previous post, after much rumination I would choose Havili as my starting hooker (over McInnes and McCrone) due to his ability to play in the second row as required.

I just wish he would show some flair from dummy half. His service looks so perfunctory.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
1. Darius Boyd

2. Nathan Blacklock

3. Michael O'Connor

4. Chris Johns

5. Steve Morris

6. Anthony Mundine

7. Trent Barrett

8. Craig Young

9. Luke Priddis

10. Luke Bailey

11. Shaun Timmins

12. Craig Walsh

13. Graeme O'Grady

14. Pat Jarvis
15. Jason Stevens
16. Brian Johnston
17. David Barnhill

Coach; Creeping Jesus

CEO; Gregstar
Nice team. I'd have Rein at hooker though

Pjsaint

Juniors
1. Darius Boyd

2. Nathan Blacklock

3. Michael O'Connor

4. Chris Johns

5. Steve Morris

6. Anthony Mundine

7. Trent Barrett

8. Craig Young

9. Luke Priddis

10. Luke Bailey

11. Shaun Timmins

12. Craig Walsh

13. Graeme O'Grady

14. Pat Jarvis
15. Jason Stevens
16. Brian Johnston
17. David Barnhill

Coach; Creeping Jesus

CEO; Gregstar
Just 1 better 77 Bathes Babes gutsiest football team I had the privilege to watch both games hail the Rockhampton Rocket

Well, with barely any decent recruits left on the market it looks like this is it for 2017.

1. Dugan
2. MacDonald
3. Milne
4. Aitken

Actually, it doesn't really matter what I think cause this is what Mary will do.

1. Dugan
2. MacDonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 McCrone
13 DeBelin
12 Thompson
11 Frizell
10 AuMau
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan (if signed)

14 Marketo (first interchange on)
15 Sims
16 Packer
17 Havilli (standard 5 minutes per game)

Sorry lads, Mary has no room for Host, Leilua, Dufty, Mann, Hutch etc.

getsmarty

Immortal
Well, with barely any decent recruits left on the market it looks like this is it for 2017.

1. Dugan
2. MacDonald
3. Milne
4. Aitken

Actually, it doesn't really matter what I think cause this is what Mary will do.

1. Dugan
2. MacDonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 McCrone
13 DeBelin
12 Thompson
11 Frizell
10 AuMau
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan (if signed)

14 Marketo (first interchange on)
15 Sims
16 Packer
17 Havilli (standard 5 minutes per game)

Sorry lads, Mary has no room for Host, Leilua, Dufty, Mann, Hutch etc.

Yep...cut and past from round 1 2016 + Macdonald.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Mann should be in the halves irrespective of Widdop or Hutch being played.He would be my first half selected a real good footballer.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors

1.Dufty
2.Nene
3.Dugan
4.Aitken
5.Gypsy
6.Widdop
7.Hutch
8.Packer
9.McInnes
10.Vaughn