What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
A few rumours from this weeks RLW-

Steve Matai -> Warriors
Isaac Luke -> Warriors
Konrad Hurrell -> Souths
Chris McQueen -> Cowboys in a swap deal for
Tariq Sims -> Souths
Josh Mansour -> Souths

Also mentions that the Cowboys are sniffing around both Cam McInnes and Api Koroisau

Could this be the start of the exodus over G Stewart not being offered a contract and leaving? His brother next? Foran? DCE?

rabbitohs95

Bench

Steve Matai -> Warriors
Isaac Luke -> Warriors
Konrad Hurrell -> Souths
Tariq Sims -> Souths
Josh Mansour -> Souths

Also mentions that the Cowboys are sniffing around both Cam McInnes and Api Koroisau

If we lose Issac surely this can't happen. The other signings are interesting and so long as we retain young talent and Te'o, i like the sound of those signings.

POPEYE

Coach
I don't think GI is being thwarted, I think he is playing it safe at this time of the year. Last year when he was blowing away teams he was taking the line on at 100 miles per hour

I think we will see that later in the year

You think he's saving himself for Origin . . . that gives me hope Smith/Slater/Cronk and whoever else thinks they have a chance is doing the same thing

BranVan3000

Coach
You think he's saving himself for Origin . . . that gives me hope Smith/Slater/Cronk and whoever else thinks they have a chance is doing the same thing

lol maybe

I was thinking more post-Origin, but he will definitely show up for Origin

ek999

First Grade
Good to see they have moved to using Souths as the club everyone is linked to instead of the Roosters and Bulldogs BunniesMan to say Souths will let go Luke and McQueen which will free up space to sign Hurrell, Sims and Mansour which will provide the razzle dazzle or spark or some other shit Souths need. Korisau and McInnes won't go anywhere though. They are the future of the club

POPEYE

Coach
lol maybe

I was thinking more post-Origin, but he will definitely show up for Origin

Yes, I was just geeing up . . . but when you think about it consider yourself a player that's done everything, has plenty of dough and is thinking of glory days one at a time. Would you save yourself?

BranVan3000

Coach
Yes, I was just geeing up . . . but when you think about it consider yourself a player that's done everything, has plenty of dough and is thinking of glory days one at a time. Would you save yourself?

I think he peaked at the wrong time of year last year and will be looking to time it better this year

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If we lose Issac surely this can't happen. The other signings are interesting and so long as we retain young talent and Te'o, i like the sound of those signings.

Luke is signed until 2015 isn't he? Hurrell is the same. I'd say that someone has taken 2 + 2 and gotten 5 with this.

Last time Hurrell got dropped there were rumours of him leaving as well. It's all part of the game to try and pressure coaches/clubs into picking their clients.

If Hurrell comes back into the team and rips up then the rumour goes away pretty quickly.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think he peaked at the wrong time of year last year and will be looking to time it better this year

And that's why Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk to name a few are better players than Inglis. They don't need to time a run, they play to their best week in week out, round 1 or the grand final, it doesn't matter. Even guys like Parker and S Burgess I rate higher than Inglis for the same reason, they put in 100% week after week.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Steve Matai -> Warriors
Isaac Luke -> Warriors
Konrad Hurrell -> Souths
Tariq Sims -> Souths
Josh Mansour -> Souths

do you know someone who works there ? ( magazine isn't out until Thursday )

BranVan3000

Coach
And that's why Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk to name a few are better players than Inglis. They don't need to time a run, they play to their best week in week out, round 1 or the grand final, it doesn't matter. Even guys like Parker and S Burgess I rate higher than Inglis for the same reason, they put in 100% week after week.

Inglis playing at half speed is still getting nearly 200 meters a game and making tries and try assists. The only thing he isn't doing right now is taking the ball back at 100 miles per hour.

Interesting that Souths are after Mansour, again, especially considering Penrith are tabling a deal to retain him!

Josh never wanted to leave Souths. He was absolutely devastated when John Lang made the call to cut him loose. He still has a number of mates at the club and now that Lang is gone, there is no bad blood.

Kiwi

First Grade
Inglis playing at half speed is still getting nearly 200 meters a game and making tries and try assists. The only thing he isn't doing right now is taking the ball back at 100 miles per hour.

Part of it might be the fact he has crap wingers and is carrying the load with regards to kick returns ect, so I guess he needs to play accordingly for that.

BranVan3000

Coach
Part of it might be the fact he has crap wingers and is carrying the load with regards to kick returns ect, so I guess he needs to play accordingly for that.

I just think you're not seeing those massive fends and clean breaks he was getting because he is still abit tentative with his knee

BunniesMan

Immortal

Steve Matai -> Warriors
Isaac Luke -> Warriors
Konrad Hurrell -> Souths
Tariq Sims -> Souths
Josh Mansour -> Souths

Give Luke away now if necessary. Give both Mcinnes and Api long term deals.

ek999

First Grade
Souths will have to make a choice between one or the other IMO. If they are both as good as Souths fans say they are then they will be getting offers from other clubs (eg Cowboys) for them to be number 1 hooker at the club.

BranVan3000

Coach
Give Luke away now if necessary. Give both Mcinnes and Api long term deals.

I agree if it comes down to that. You can fit both of them into Luke's 400k salary. And Luke will be wanting a big upgrade end of next year. Him leaving seems like a foregone conclusion now

Status
Not open for further replies.