What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Its still worse this year, Burgess is a bigg loss.

Timmy is a good player and should re find his form next year but at his best he is no S. Burgess.
I think 2015 could be the year George becomes his brothers equal. He's already being as effective but in shorter bursts. He gets an 80 minute engine and I think he becomes as good as Sam.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Stewart to Souffs for 2 years

lol@Souffs

I think its a good decision by Manly if true, Stewart is on the decline and with his injuries, he's no longer worth his salary imo.

Their only concern is team morale.

"Definitely, if Glenn goes there will be a few players who will reconsider re-signing," Matai said.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...steve-matai-20140401-zqpgk.html#ixzz2zZGcpOiB

How often do players come out that directly with quotes?

Brett could go. And DCE might think if he's losing his mates he may as well go home.

This group at Manly always seemed to have that closeness because of each other. Not the jersey, certainly not the board, but the personalities in the dressing room. With them now losing their first key player it could easily lead to more going.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they lose one or both of there halves I think they will regret it, there was a lot of talk from manly players about not wanting to lose stewart, Foran was quite vocal I think.

Actually i am starting it now:

Foran-> Panthers, you heard it here first.

If they had to lose a half, Foran is the one who can be more easily replaced.

Cherry-Evans is near impossible to replace.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...steve-matai-20140401-zqpgk.html#ixzz2zZGcpOiB

How often do players come out that directly with quotes?

Brett could go. And DCE might think if he's losing his mates he may as well go home.

This group at Manly always seemed to have that closeness because of each other. Not the jersey, certainly not the board, but the personalities in the dressing room. With them now losing their first key player it could easily lead to more going.
:cool:

If they had to lose a half, Foran is the one who can be more easily replaced.

Cherry-Evans is near impossible to replace.
:?

One of those signings where you will only really know if it's good or bad at the end of his two years.

If we can keep him on the park he will be good for us but he is certainly going to be an injury risk.

The Eagle

Juniors
It's always a shame to see a junior leave a team after so long. Will be weird seeing Glenn Stewart in different colours

He probably only has 2 years left, should've been a one club player and there should be incentives to achieve this, we do nothing to help this and the Manly board has put him out like bad meat, hard to watch

It was difficult enough watching Kite last night and I didn't particularly like him other than vs Melbourne

BranVan3000

Coach
One of those signings where you will only really know if it's good or bad at the end of his two years.

If we can keep him on the park he will be good for us but he is certainly going to be an injury risk.

I think we've looked a bit uncertain since Crock left so Stewart should bring something in terms of leadership at the least

I also rate our injury management and fitness as amongst the best in the league, so if Stewart has a chance of staying fit and firing it is with us.

Packy

Bench
I think 2015 could be the year George becomes his brothers equal. He's already being as effective but in shorter bursts. He gets an 80 minute engine and I think he becomes as good as Sam.

You live on another planet. George will never be as good as Sam.

BranVan3000

Coach
Maybe the Sea Eagles fans can answer, why is there an assumption that Brett Stewart will follow? Zero tackle has him signed to Manly till end of 2016

You live on another planet. George will never be as good as Sam.

I love how the Souffs brigade have started rating Sam as an irreplaceable best forward evar in the past six months. But not before that.

Patorick

Staff member
Maybe the Sea Eagles fans can answer, why is there an assumption that Brett Stewart will follow? Zero tackle has him signed to Manly till end of 2016

I love how the Souffs brigade have started rating Sam as an irreplaceable best forward evar in the past six months. But not before that.
People (employed by News Ltd) taking what Zorba says as gospel.

bottle

Coach
Stewart will see it as a big pre retirement pay day. The motivation for performance that he had with a long term playing group playing for each other won't be there. He'll cruise through for the last couple of years. Will try and nurse his injury riddled body through to the end.
Good move by him at the twilight of his career.

El Diablo

Post Whore

BranVan3000

Coach
Hearing Souths in talks with Benji Marshall for the rest of this year. Benji wants an opportunity on the cheap and Souths need halves depth and have been sounding out options

mave

Coach
Wrong

They've always let it known they are a package deal which is why Brett isn't a dragon

Where are Souths going to play B Stewart? 5/8?
Not likely.
And any coach stupid enough to shift Inglis from fullback should be shot.

Maybe the Stewarts have grown up and realised that reality doesn't always fit with want you want, and they may not always be able to play together.

BranVan3000

Coach
Where are Souths going to play B Stewart? 5/8?
Not likely.
And any coach stupid enough to shift Inglis from fullback should be shot.

Maybe the Stewarts have grown up and realised that reality doesn't always fit with want you want, and they may not always be able to play together.

Either Stewart or Inglis would go well at five eight IMO

Not sure its likely though

Status
Not open for further replies.