What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths will have to make a choice between one or the other IMO. If they are both as good as Souths fans say they are then they will be getting offers from other clubs (eg Cowboys) for them to be number 1 hooker at the club.

I don't think either will mind being in a rotation, neither has the ego of Isaac Luke where they spit the dummy if they don't get 80 minutes. But if they are third choice hooker its a different story. In any case as usual we seem to have an embarassment of riches in the hooker spot, and to think Nathan Peats was contracted on this year too

ek999

First Grade
True, but if you were offered the opportunity to be the top hooker at a club potentially playing 80 minutes per match compared to 40 minutes at Souths (and probably higher pay too) what would you choose?

BranVan3000

Coach
True, but if you were offered the opportunity to be the top hooker at a club potentially playing 80 minutes per match compared to 40 minutes at Souths (and probably higher pay too) what would you choose?

I don't think anybody is going to offer that sort of guarantee to two kids with four games to their names each.

Most hookers spend a few years in a rotation role before getting their chance to move to 80 minutes. 80 minutes against props in the middle of an NRL field isn't easy

Anyway, my opinion is to let Issac Luke go only if both of those two players are retained

cb4

First Grade
We are not letting Lichaa go, Lichaa has turned down numerous offers for us to go.

Big difference.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I would accept Hurrell at Souths. He needs a new environment and Maguire would get him fit and firing.

I'll take either one of Hurrell or Blake Ferguson.

We are not letting Lichaa go, Lichaa has turned down numerous offers for us to go.

Big difference.

If you get Ennis you'll be paying him in the vicinity of 300k. That's a number you could have had Lichaa for.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I rate both him and Api.

I like Luke. He is an exceptional talent and helped us win many games. But he has certain limitations which are not helpful for a hooker and which I think have contributed to us not being able to make the final push over the plateau from prelims to grand finals.

Mcinnes and Koroisau are both more typical hookers and I think they're both capable of being star 1st graders.

I'd be happy for Luke to go to NZ where I'm sure he'd help them be a better team if it meant we signed 2 of our most talented kids to long term deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.