What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

BranVan3000

Coach
I hope Hoppa isn't a foregone conclusion for Daley. He is looking slow and confused defensively, and flat out missing tackles. It would be okay if he went looking for work but he seems happy to sit on his edge, which is nothing like when he was last playing Origin. And it's not the first game he has been like this.

I am really warming to the Wighton idea, he has defence and attack and a good attitude.

I am a fan of Walker for his attack but it might be a year too early, and Inglis will be perfectly aware of his weaknesses and exploit them

Josh Mansour wouldn't look out of place in a blue jersey.

He has a ton of attributes that would make him excel at that level. But he is ordinary under the high ball

Spanner in the works

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Wighton
5. Stewart

6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Merrin
15. Fifita
16. Hoffman/Sims
17. Lewis

I'd have Hoppa there based on the fact that Hayne and him have quite a combo but I'd also have Wighton there and swap the two for attack and defence.

Josh Morris is a MASSIVE blow. Next to Hayne he's the most valuable player in that back line.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Jack Wighton/Will Hopoate
3. Will Hopoate/Jack Wighton
4. Michael Jennings
5. Daniel Tupou
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farrah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Beau Scott
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Luke Lewis
17. Anthony Watmough

nick87

Coach
I am a fan of Walker for his attack but it might be a year too early, and Inglis will be perfectly aware of his weaknesses and exploit them

Walker should definitely play some origin footy in his career, but i dont think a must win game against Greg Inglis is the ideal debut game for him. He's suspect defensively as is, no need to ruin him with a mismatch on Inglis

Wighton is probably best placed to give us the kind of defensive effort that Josh Morris does. I still think Hoppa Jr will get the nod though he probably did himself a lot of harm tonight

BranVan3000

Coach
Walker should definitely play some origin footy in his career, but i dont think a must win game against Greg Inglis is the ideal debut game for him. He's suspect defensively as is, no need to ruin him with a mismatch on Inglis

Wighton is probably best placed to give us the kind of defensive effort that Josh Morris does. I still think Hoppa Jr will get the nod though he probably did himself a lot of harm tonight

Walker is good defensively, but his technique isn't as good as Wighton

Dufmack

Juniors
Hopoate cannot play blues he is not ready, has not proven himself at all this year and looks very slow. Stopping inglis is a major aspect of winning this game and I reckon as hard it is to move him on current form, putting Hayne at centre and Dugan at fullback is better than bringing in an unproven centre to mark inglis.

Joely01

Bench
Hopoate cannot play blues he is not ready, has not proven himself at all this year and looks very slow. Stopping inglis is a major aspect of winning this game and I reckon as hard it is to move him on current form, putting Hayne at centre and Dugan at fullback is better than bringing in an unproven centre to mark inglis.

Yeah that's much better, move Hayne from his most destructive position.....
Seriously after the game/season he is having why someone has even mentioned moving him out of fullback is ridiculous

natheel

Coach

are you joking right now? did you not watch game 1? idiot

Dufmack

Juniors
Yeah that's much better, move Hayne from his most destructive position.....
Seriously after the game/season he is having why someone has even mentioned moving him out of fullback is ridiculous

Anyone else in that centre position will struggle to make any impact in attack, and will struggle to defend. Hayne won't. And Dugan is a capable fullback. I'd rather be satisfied of players in 2 positions then be completely confident in one at the cost of the other.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Anyone else in that centre position will struggle to make any impact in attack, and will struggle to defend. Hayne won't. Any Dugan is a capable fullback. I'd rather be satisfied of players in 2 positions then be completely confident in one at the cost of the other.

Dugan defensively isn't right
If Hopoate is picked he will do a fine job. he's had 1 bad game. he's got a great combination with hayne at parra.

If we take hayne out of fullback our halves will lose any direction and dugan isn't the playmaker hayne is. Dugan is more of a crab runner hoping to find a hole while Hayne in a back line movement more often than not will be able to put a man into space or bust through himself. Putting him on the edge limits all of that.

natheel

Coach
Mick Gordon despite playing average in a shit Sharks team is a good option for Bmoz

I think Pat Richards could be good. Played plenty of first grade oth in NRL and SL played challenge cups, SL GFs, World club challenges and NRL GF's his Kicking game would be awesome at origin level from the kick off also. But i think taufua will probably get the wing spot in Bmoz's absence

Liddell

Juniors
I have no faith in Hoppa after tonight. I know he's been solid over the last month, but that was embarrassing.

Sime_11

Juniors
tbf to hoppa, he was in a pretty ordinary eels team performance tonight, Idris is really the only other option but the drama he got going on at the moment wont be put in.

taufua or Mansour should be the wingers imo