What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne I set you free on behalf of the eels fans

Swiftstylez

Bench
You are great and will always have a place in my heart but you dont deserve this. Dont be stupid like hindmarsh and burt, we cant be a one man army and you deserve a premiership which you wont get here at the price you demand. We need your money to buy some other good players like you that actually have pride in what they do and are a lot mentally tougher. I feel sorry for the pressure you have endured and the friendships you have had to forge here with some players that should not see the light of day in first grade. Farewell my love in 2015

Swiftstylez

Bench
you can all go f**k youselves

Every player in our forward pack should be replaced and I stand by this, morea excluded. Our backs.. jesus, youd keep none of them in defence either bar hayne

sandow would get a start somewhere else by default and of course peats was on track.

thats all our team has.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Our entire forward pack?

Did you see Edwards today? Best on field imo. Jnr Paulo has had a great maiden season too. Get off it

mrpwnd

Bench
I really welcome this notion, I support the player, not the club.
That being said, it's hardly an issue of paying Hayne too much. If anything, he's probably the best value per $ in the club atm.
What's more worrisome is that a big chunk of Parra's cap seems to be devoted to:
1. Corey Norman -> was a desparate signing for the sake of having a 'potentially' first grade level 5/8. Gamble failed.
2. Chris Sandow -> The biggest gambler (not referring to off-field issues) on the playing field. Will look absolutely untouchable when it pays off, but the entire team suffers when it doesn't.
3. Will Hopoate -> No doubt on the class and talent on this guy, but this entire season has shown that he still has a LOT of work to do in order to gain what he lost the past 2 years -> Again, another risky signing that didn't pay off this year.

I won't quote exact, or even estimated, amounts i'm pretty sure most people are aware that these 3 also take a big part of your clubs cap under the assumption they'd at least perform to some expectation (even though it seemed really unlikely at the time of signing).

At least on the big money Hayne is on you get a player that AT WORST is still fairly solid throughout the year.

Swiftstylez

Bench
At first I wondered why I wasn't more sad over the heart and soul of the Eels team leaving...

Then I realised that he took my advice from when the night our season ended in this thread.

Good luck mate.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I feel like this thread will be read by people for centuries to come, for those seeking advice on how to win a premiership.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In centuries to come this will be about as interesting as a massive dose of syphilis injected into the eye of one's penis.