What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Pinch of Salt

I do agree, that's why I think signing watmough is the missing link.

I'm in two minds about Watmough. He's experienced, tough, and talented. But he's reportedly on 950k next year. How much of that are we supposed to pay? I'd think that somewhere around 500k is what he's worth to us, considering his age. But I've got a bad feeling that we will get him and be paying a lot more than that. I was looking forward to our salary cap being freed up a little.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm in two minds about Watmough. He's experienced, tough, and talented. But he's reportedly on 950k next year. How much of that are we supposed to pay? I'd think that somewhere around 500k is what he's worth to us, considering his age. But I've got a bad feeling that we will get him and be paying a lot more than that. I was looking forward to our salary cap being freed up a little.

He's also a complete bell end. But we need a player like him. Also another hard nut prop would be nice....

magpie4ever

First Grade
And yet our fullback is of Fijian descent and arguably the best fullback in the game atm, depending what you want from your fullback. Or is Fiji also "not pepper"?

Hayne has a Fijian dad (ex-1st grader) and an anglo mum (Terry Hill's aunt) bred in the purple (horse racing term for well bred, therefore I'm not being racist).

Sean Johnson has a Cambodian dad and an anglo NZ mum (or vice versa).

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually Johnson has a Pakeha father and a Laotian mum. But I guess when you label races Cambodian and Laotian are close enough, yeah? Is Asian pepper?

You're changing your argument to suit yourself. Are you going to sift through the parentage of every player and base their worth on that?

Noise

Coach
Actually Johnson has a Pakeha father and a Laotian mum. But I guess when you label races Cambodian and Laotian are close enough, yeah? Is Asian pepper?

You're changing your argument to suit yourself. Are you going to sift through the parentage of every player and base their worth on that?

Didn't he say something about a 1, 7 and 9 to win the comp? And based on 100 odd years of rugby league he is pretty much right.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Who cares what we pay for him, he will be worth it. We have a young pack that needs guidance and toughening up, watmough is as tough as they come and very class ( yes past his prime). I see him like to what Kennedy did the manly pack in the mid 2000's.

He is the competitor we need, him and peats in the same pack could really put some fear into our pack.

I also have hopes for mossop's leadership skills

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, because there's no other explanation but race. It must be it!

Never mind the premiership and World Cup winning rugby halves and fullbacks. Because Rugby clearly ceased to exist when the Warriors came into the competition and all young Maori, Samoan, Tongan, and Fijian players immediately became rugby league players.

Chipmunk

Coach
And yet our fullback is of Fijian descent and arguably the best fullback in the game atm, depending what you want from your fullback. Or is Fiji also "not pepper"?

Fiji is not part of Polynesia...but I cannot confirm if they are pepper or not

Noise

Coach
Yeah, because there's no other explanation but race. It must be it!

Never mind the premiership and World Cup winning rugby halves and fullbacks. Because Rugby clearly ceased to exist when the Warriors came into the competition and all young Maori, Samoan, Tongan, and Fijian players immediately became rugby league players.

Care to offer any with some evidence?

Mate we are talking about rugby league. The 1, 7 and 9 are generally considered the most important positions in rugby league and history shows who has won premierships in these positions

Some athletes are better suited to collisions and power. Others are better playmakers and decision makers. You need to get the balance right. Parra have not

Chipmunk

Coach

F#ck off, our Fullback is a Westy Bogan Houso...His father might be Fijian, but he has lived his life like every other Westy Bogan Houso from Campbelltown.

How do you know that? Even if he is only capable of 40 mins he could be invaluable to our pack.

But he's old. And expensive. And our second row, which has done pretty well this year, will have 12 months more experience at this time next year. Edwards, Moeroa and Ma'u - who do you want to drop for a 950k 31 year old? I think the money could be better spent elsewhere, like prop.

Noise

Coach
But he's old. And expensive. And our second row, which has done pretty well this year, will have 12 months more experience at this time next year. Edwards, Moeroa and Ma'u - who do you want to drop for a 950k 31 year old? I think the money could be better spent elsewhere, like prop.

It is widely reported that manly owe him 350k from rep bonuses that have not been paid. This can't be passed on and will be included in their cap. This is why i can't see them releasing him.If he leaves it will likely be 600k for whichever club he goes to