What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // SF1 // Fri // Roosters 31-30 Cowboys // Allianz

Semi Final: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
The ball went back then traveled fwd, not called a knock on unless they want to get their special boys up, no wonder it's difficult to like the Rorters. Nein and the Rorters board, fmd

Seems unless you are from Canberra or Bondi, then it was never a knock on

He clearly knocked it towards himself and he was facing his own goal line. Knock on.

Roosters do the same thing and everyone would agree.

nick87

Coach
Honestly people need to take the emotion out of it, hit the wife beater's arm and went half a metre forward, how can people not see that. Regardless of that it got called no try on field and on the video it clearly hits Lui's arm and goes sideways AT BEST if not forward, the video can't possibly overturn on that

Yep. The replay CONFIRMED the correct ruling but even if you dont believe that, there is no way you can argue there was eveidence to over turn it

GongPanther

Referee
Well it was a knock on unfortunately, but considering how much The Cowboys have been ripped off in the last few years I wouldn't have been surprised to see it given.

The Roosters deserved to lose for giving up a 30-0 lead really

Roosters fans could say that the Cows blew it in the 1st half by introducing the worst case of finals stage fright ever seen.

It was the first half where the Cows lost it.They have themselves entirely to blame...not the refs,its themselves as they were the ones playing catch-up football.

Have to give both teams credit for an entertaining game.

TheFrog

Coach
They are going on about the final no-try, but the refereeing error that decides the game was the penalty when SBW lost the ball.

What in the world is wrong with the refs with SBW. They are scared shitless to rule against him. The same happened last week.

stormbati

Bench
Ashton you're a champion!
Back on the game and what a game it was! Roosters got out of jail there and Cowboys went down swinging so no shame there. The forward battle was intense!

lsta5838

Juniors
I think it was 50:50 for the Lui knock on, but in the last 5 mins (correct me if I am wrong with the time), SBW losing the ball and it being called a strip, and the blatant shepard from Kenny-Dowall?

Thurston has a right to moan, not about the knock on, that was pretty clear, he should be moaning about the sbw 'strip' and the fact the chooks were consistently offside for the last 5 min of the game.

As long as he also moans about the Cowboys lying all over the chooks, also being offside, scoring off a forward pass, scoring after taking Mini out in the air, scoring after they drop it in the tackle and get a penalty, scoring after knocking on (Lui).

Glen

Bench
Plenty went NQ's way to get back into the game. Nine stopped the coverage at full time here in Melbourne - did Thurston have a cry?

Dave_

Juniors
I feel so sorry for Cows fans right now, not so much for the no try but the fact that SBW got away with the clear drop ball. Fact is, if the correct call was made by the refs, the Roosters aren't in range for the FG.

Another absolute disgrace for the game. If the fans and players can't even keep up with the way the rules are interpreted, how are people new to rugby league supposed to? This game won't get any new fans if this keeps up.

Sh*t go NRL.

TheFrog

Coach
Ashton you're a champion!
Back on the game and what a game it was! Roosters got out of jail there and Cowboys went down swinging so no shame there. The forward battle was intense!

I so much hope the Rabbitohs win next week, because they are the only team in that game who have earned the right to be there.

ClipOnMullet

Juniors
Fact that Cowboys were allowed to play gridiron for one play and another being able to tackle a player in the air but please keep whinging about the roosters at least acknowledge in your rants that it wasn't all one sided

GongPanther

Referee
Plenty went NQ's way to get back into the game. Nine stopped the coverage at full time here in Melbourne - did Thurston have a cry?

He was pretty well restraining himself in what he really thought although he let slip the "F" word.

Feel very sorry for the Cows but it was lost in the first half.