What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Memberships Onsale for 2015

Jodeci

Bench
My son has declared he isn't interested in going to a 2015 game ...

It's gonna be a huge effort from the membership team as well as management to think of ideas or promotions to entice the fan thinking if they should renew or become members on the back of today's announcement.

Avenger

Immortal
If Hayne makes it do we get anything seeing that he is under contract? At first I wished him well but now I'm starting to get angry. The timing was terrible by Hayne. Maybe I just have Stockholm syndrome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This will cost the club at least 5k in memberships, scary to think what we will lose in Sponsorship dollars and jersey sales.

eels_fan

First Grade
Yeh i would expect a minimum 25% drop off in membership numbers next season, probably 40% drop in merchandise sales too.

Can we re-name the Hayne membership? Or can members transfer it to an NFL team supporter package?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeh i would expect a minimum 25% drop off in membership numbers next season, probably 40% drop in merchandise sales too.

Can we re-name the Hayne membership? Or can members transfer it to an NFL team supporter package?
The Reece Plodingson membership sounds like a winner :thumn

EelsFan05

Bench
Devastating for memberships. My six year old son has already told me he doesn't want to wear his jersey with '1' on it any more.

Did we have a 'Hayne' membership package this season? Can't see one for next season.

Kornstar

Coach
Devastating for memberships. My six year old son has already told me he doesn't want to wear his jersey with '1' on it any more.

Did we have a 'Hayne' membership package this season? Can't see one for next season.

It was changed to the Captains Club........almost as if the club saw this coming :sarcasm:

EelsFan05

Bench
It was changed to the Captains Club........almost as if the club saw this coming :sarcasm:

Careful Korny. You wouldn't want to insinuate the club knew this was coming before last night. This all seems wrong to me. A professional club has no idea they is number one player wanted to be elsewhere.

Also his trip to America which coincidently occurred while the semis were being played. The same semis the Eels missed out on after suffering two hammerings in the last two rounds which was convinient for his planned trip.

Suitman

Post Whore
I can't understand some of the hate in this thread.
Hayne is a professional athelete, just like any of us who are professionals in our own chosen careers. He has chosen to test himself on his strengths in his profession, with the ultimate reward being success. Who amongst us wouldn't want to do that? Oh, that's right - the weak and feeble.

He has stated that this is not a financial decision. I believe him. He was a young kid bought up in Minto that has achieved incredible success and undoubtedly, a good deal of wealth beyond his dreams already. I don't think money is his motivation.

For those "claiming" that the timing is poor - when would the timing have been better? It's just 6 weeks after our last game and it appears he was still mulling over the decision during those 6 weeks, with the trip to Seattle.
What would you have preferred? Christmas Day? Just before next season starts? Half way through next season and risk destabilising the team? Fair dinkum. The timing couldn't have been better tbh.

I have the utmost respect and support for what he is doing. It would have been a f**king tough decision but just like the risks he took as a player, he is taking the same risks in making this decision. He has no contract and no big pay day yet. It is a gamble.

As I said in a previous post, I'm saddened. I'm shocked. I'm disappointed.
But I don't hate. I wish him the best.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Nice post Suity. The problem is I have serious man love for him and he is trying to cheat on me by having some time away with a new bitch.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Hayne is a professional athelete, just like any of us who are professionals in our own chosen careers. He has chosen to test himself on his strengths in his profession, with the ultimate reward being success. Who amongst us wouldn't want to do that? Oh, that's right - the weak and feeble.

He has stated that this is not a financial decision. I believe him. He was a young kid bought up in Minto that has achieved incredible success and undoubtedly, a good deal of wealth beyond his dreams already. I don't think money is his motivation.

For those "claiming" that the timing is poor - when would the timing have been better? It's just 6 weeks after our last game and it appears he was still mulling over the decision during those 6 weeks, with the trip to Seattle.
What would you have preferred? Christmas Day? Just before next season starts? Half way through next season and risk destabilising the team? Fair dinkum. The timing couldn't have been better tbh.

I have the utmost respect and support for what he is doing. It would have been a f**king tough decision but just like the risks he took as a player, he is taking the same risks in making this decision. He has no contract and no big pay day yet. It is a gamble.

Suity

Well said.

Noise

Coach
The timing would have been best at the start of the year (like Sam burgess did at souths). He said that he has been thinking about the nfl for the past couple of years. He is under contract. At least making the decision early in the year allows us time to plan for a replacement/s

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Suity
I don't hate him, it's a strong word. Am i pissed off at the timing?? Thats a big yes.

He's been an champion player for us and carried a shitful side for a long time. I wish him well, the club will move on but i think it will take us a year or two to get over this.

Kornstar

Coach
The timing would have been best at the start of the year (like Sam burgess did at souths). He said that he has been thinking about the nfl for the past couple of years. He is under contract. At least making the decision early in the year allows us time to plan for a replacement/s

He's had to have said to someone over there on his trip that he would love to play, they've done some tests and seen some tape and probably given him some encouragement. That may have been the push he needed?

eels_fan

First Grade
RLW was reporting he tested while he was over there and got top 5% in many of the tests

isaiah

Bench
It's gonna be a huge effort from the membership team as well as management to think of ideas or promotions to entice the fan thinking if they should renew or become members on the back of today's announcement.
maybe cutting the prices. 15% off, or something.

Y2Eel

First Grade
All the best to Hayne happy for him and cant wait to see him in the NFL, But it really makes it hard to want to get out to the games when you know next season will be another building year..

It is basically a write off our best player Gone...

andy777

Juniors
one player is not bigger than the club, it is a shame a superstar player has left our team and the nrl but I was a member before Hayne joined the Eels, I will be a member when Haynes not here any more

if he does decide to come back to the nrl I will gladly pick him up from the air port and drive him straight back to Parra HQ