What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Memberships Onsale for 2015

Tony Bongo

Bench
The timing of his announcement was perfect.......if he was going to play next year like he promised he would and then leave. It's shithouse though since he gave SFA notice. I don't think he's left for money either, just ego and pure selfishness.
Now that his true character has been exposed for all to see (other than the blind) I am beginning to think that not having him around might turn out to be the best thing for us. The players have good reason to rally together and we may end up with a better balanced squad who all see each other pretty much as equals rather than having one person that has been seen as the 'special one'. The club and management no longer has to pander to Haynes demands or worry about upsetting him. His final interview also highlighted his apathy towards training etc which must have had an affect on his team mates.
After the initial disappointment I'm slowly becoming more optimistic about our future as a club although there is still no doubt that next year is going to be tough for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The way I took it was that he was in the top 5% of those already in the NFL ;-)

So did I. If he was only top five of all the hopeful college slobs trying out he wouldn't even make the NRL.

Hayne is well inside the top one percent of human beings in Australia, and given our wealth (diet) and focus on childhood sport, he is certainly in the top fraction of a percentage of human beings on the planet. That includes the US and A. The reason the Yanks have so many great athletes is largely due to the size of its population, as well as demographics. Obviously a large percentage of NFL players are descended from West African 'immigrants' but there are whiteys in the NFL as well as Pacific Islanders.

So physically exceptional Americans aren't more exceptional than physically exceptional Australians. There's just more of them.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Looks like the membership team under Larissa is going to have an interesting 2015, while I will renew mine ( been a STH and member since 1982), my grandson told me today not to bother to renew his jumior membership

He just loved Hayne and is very disappointed, been a battle to get him up to speed as his parents were in London for 4 1/2 years so he didn't have the Interst he should have. The club will need a good strategy to overcome some of this problem.

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Pou, keep enjoying Bleak City, try and understand how people are really feeling in the Golden West.

I would much rather comment on how we are looking forward to the strengthened side we have put together, at the end of the day, I will still be there , cheering them on, just getting things off my chest .

The Colonel

Immortal
Looks like the membership team under Larissa is going to have an interesting 2015, while I will renew mine ( been a STH and member since 1982), my grandson told me today not to bother to renew his jumior membership

He just loved Hayne and is very disappointed, been a battle to get him up to speed as his parents were in London for 4 1/2 years so he didn't have the Interst he should have. The club will need a good strategy to overcome some of this problem.

It's made me question if a membership, any sort of membership, is worth it. I am certain that the number reached last year will not be reached due to his walkout. My son is very disappointed as well - we have booked tickets to the Four Nations opener next weekend and he was looking forward to Hayne playing.

emjaycee

Coach
The Membership team better get some of the pictures in the various membership packages changed asap.
Still showing last seasons fullback who I think I read somewhere is no longer with the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks Pou, keep enjoying Bleak City, try and understand how people are really feeling in the Golden West.

I would much rather comment on how we are looking forward to the strengthened side we have put together, at the end of the day, I will still be there , cheering them on, just getting things off my chest .

Sorry mate. I'm just frustrated with the constant doom and gloom.

T.S Quint

Coach

I am too, but really can you blame them?
We've suffered through some completely miserable seasons recently - even this year, which was our best season in half a decade, we still missed the Finals. And now after we get a glimmer of hope for next year our best player leaves not long before pre-season training is supposed to start.

This may be a positive for us in the long run. But as of right now we don't know if it is or not. We can only see negatives until we see some wins on the field. It's just what we've gotten used to following this club.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Come on, mate - it's a footy forum, and the heart and soul of this team had quit unexpectedly and left us in a pickle.

It's natural that people's frustrations would come to the fore.

And honestly - I'm not convinced we will do well in 2015. I mean, this team has relied on Hayne for so long, that I'm not sure how we will cope without him.

But as frustrated as I am by his departure, life goes on. We just needed a way to vent, and that's what the forum is for.

pedge

Juniors
Sorry if this has been mentioned in the thread, but does anybody know when members have to renew by before they're seats are made available to the general public?