What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCG 4th Test: Australia v India on Jan 6-10, 2015

8Ball

First Grade
The only thing good about that decision was that it got the kiwis going for some reason. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm over DRS. I have enjoyed cricket where it climaxes properly. Where players can celebrate properly instead of it all being delayed with a referral and than even if you get the same result it just isn't the same.

I can live with a few mistakes. DRS did not help fix every mistakes in the Ashes, it even cause some shockers. It isn't necessary. Watching cricket without DRS is more enjoyable.

It wasn't DRS

8Ball

First Grade
I'm over DRS. I have enjoyed cricket where it climaxes properly. Where players can celebrate properly instead of it all being delayed with a referral and than even if you get the same result it just isn't the same.

I can live with a few mistakes. DRS did not help fix every mistakes in the Ashes, it even cause some shockers. It isn't necessary. Watching cricket without DRS is more enjoyable.

You're like the guy in every group who has a different opinion in every discussion to feel special.

JJ

Immortal

now you're trying too hard - that wasn't DRS

BunniesMan

Immortal
It wasn't DRS

But it is something I'd like to get rid of too. Replays should only be used for runouts and no balls. Everything else should rest with the umpire's decision. Everyone playing and watching should be mature enough to expect the odd mistake to go your way and the odd mistake to go against you and to live with it.

If any umpire makes mistakes consistently he won't last. I just don't see eliminating human error as the be all and end all.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it is something I'd like to get rid of too. Replays should only be used for runouts and no balls. Everything else should rest with the umpire's decision. Everyone playing and watching should be mature enough to expect the odd mistake to go your way and the odd mistake to go against you and to live with it.

If any umpire makes mistakes consistently he won't last. I just don't see eliminating human error as the be all and end all.

No.

The problem here is that there was considerable doubt, so the ruling should go back to the on field umpires original ruling.

Simple fix.

Meth

Staff member
The only thing good about that decision was that it got the kiwis going for some reason. :lol:

not really. everyone thought it was a terrible decision. It just so happens there are a few kiwis on here at the moment. I think its because most aussies gave up on this shit yesterday.

vvvrulz

Coach
Digression here, but how bat is Ajit Agarkar in his cricinfo analysis.

"Agarkar: Can't see any assistance for bowlers"

Everything single thing he says is Captain Obvious

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't say it was. I was just using this example of replays still leading to f**ked up decisions to explain why I don't like DRS.

dig1.jpg

WaznTheGreat

Referee

This should get the Kiwis going some more

Kane Williamson batting average

In Australia 18
In England 20
In South Africa 10

Stick to beating up the Windies,Bangers and Zimbabwe Kiwi Kane

Steve Smith > Kane Plod

:cool:

JJ

Immortal
Digression here, but how bat is Ajit Agarkar in his cricinfo analysis.

"Agarkar: Can't see any assistance for bowlers"

Everything single thing he says is Captain Obvious

I just saw some assistance for the bowler...

Meth

Staff member
This should get the Kiwis going some more

Kane Williamson batting average

In Australia 18
In England 20
In South Africa 10

Stick to beating up the Windies,Bangers and Zimbabwe Kiwi Kane

Steve Smith > Kane Plod

:cool:

Troll Dump thread ----->>>>

JJ

Immortal
Who gave it out? Kettleborough or Dharmasena?

TV umpire... Fry

Full name Simon Douglas Fry
Born July 29, 1966, Adelaide, South Australia
Current age 48 years 164 days
Other Umpire

Will be popular among Indians

Ashwin is a seriously good #8, again how did he not play test 1