What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

Gronk

Staff member
Warriors: Shaun Johnson (c), Matthew Allwood, Nathan Friend, Ben Henry, Ryan Hoffman, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Solomone Kata, Ngani Laumape, Sam Lisone, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sione Lousi, Simon Mannering, Suaia Matagi, Ben Matulino, Ken Maumalo, Dominique Peyroux, Nathaniel Roache, Bodene Thompson, Sam Tomkins, Chad Townsend, Manu Vatuvei, Jonathan Wright

Someone

Bench
both the knights and manly have named strong sides. Dragons will have benji leading them. For us to get to the finals we will need to name a pretty strong side.

Forty20

First Grade
Pretty strong squad...

Dyldam Parramatta Eels Auckland Nines Squad:

1. Will Hopoate

2. Semi Radradra

3. John Folau

4. Brad Takairangi

5. Reece Robinson

6. Corey Norman

7. Chris Sandow (c)

8. Junior Paulo

9. Kaysa Pritchard

10. Peni Terepo

11. Manu Ma’u

12. Tepai Moeroa

13. Joseph Paulo

14. David Gower

15. Kenny Edwards

16. Halauafu Lavaka

17. Pauli Pauli

18. Luke Kelly

Head Coach: Brad Arthur

Clicky

Forty20

First Grade
I can see why Kelly was picked as he can relieve Pritchard at hooker but I would have preferred to see Dockar-Clay or Matterson (who I thought was a near certainty to be picked) to be taken instead. Lavaka seems to have gotten the jump on Goodall while Folau is something of a surprise pick as the preferred centre option.

Hard to knock anything else really. Terepo is suited to the format while Junior should do well too. Our backrow is phenomenal, even without Watmough, and should cause plenty of havoc while our backline is close to full strength as well so it will be good to see how it performs.

phantom eel

First Grade
Nice squad... looks like they're ready to run out for a regular 13-a-side game.

Good confidence booster to Sandow being named (c) for this style of play. Kelly should get a few runs as a shadow playmaker during the rounds as well. Good chance for Folau, Takairangi, Pritchard, and Lavaka to show their wares and push for spots earlier/later in the season.

Probably the only guys that would definitely force their way into this squad for Round one would be Watmough, Mannah, Peats, maybe De Gois? Could be forgetting someone - that three-quarter line still looks like it's missing something... Champion?

Utey

Coach
Disappointed Goodall, Champion and Matterson won't play. Are they injured or carrying a niggle?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Probably couldn't put any more players outside the Top 25 into the squad. I too would have liked to watch Goodall and Matterson run around, they would have been awesome in this format.