What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

lingard

Coach
Nice squad... looks like they're ready to run out for a regular 13-a-side game.

Good confidence booster to Sandow being named (c) for this style of play. Kelly should get a few runs as a shadow playmaker during the rounds as well. Good chance for Folau, Takairangi, Pritchard, and Lavaka to show their wares and push for spots earlier/later in the season.

Probably the only guys that would definitely force their way into this squad for Round one would be Watmough, Mannah, Peats, maybe De Gois? Could be forgetting someone - that three-quarter line still looks like it's missing something... Champion?

Hayne? ;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not really. There are financial and psychological benefits to reap out of the Nines. That's why most clubs (all the ones I've seen anyway) have named strong squads.

I don't think it's worth risking a player with a niggling injury or a lack of conditioning, but it's definitely worth sending anyone who is healthy and suitable to the format, which it looks like we've done.

Someone

Bench
I would argue that it would be better to have a major injury in the nines than in rd20, but it all hurts our chances at winning a comp.

Latest posts