What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
I'm leaning towards the latter, mate. I think it speaks towards how Sandow plays the game that he would completely abandon (or perhaps forget?) a tool he specifically spent considerable time honing in the warm up.

I'm leaning towards the latter, mate. I think it speaks towards how Sandow plays the game that he would completely abandon (or perhaps forget?) a tool he specifically spent considerable time honing in the warm up.

Yeah, it's odd. I like Sandow so I want us to keep him but...

Also, you have to wonder what the coach's instructions are.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
ROOSTERS EYES ON HAYNE

NO ONE is monitoring Jarryd Hayne’s trials at the San Francisco 49ers more closely than the Sydney Roosters.

With money freed up from the departure of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, the Roosters are one of just a few clubs that can afford Hayne with the assistance of NRL boss Dave Smith and his discretionary war chest.

The Roosters have better access to third party sponsors than any other club through the contacts of Nick Politis, David Gyngell, Mark McInnes and other high-profile supporters.

Hayne’s signature would give the Roosters the marketing and commercial boost they desperately need. They have dropped to 14,000 members this year, down from 17,000 last season.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...-referee-respect/story-fnp0lyn3-1227299804267

The Eels are in deep negotiations to re-sign Sandow and have the live-wire join recruit Foran in what could prove the club’s best halves combination since Brett Kenny and Peter Sterling.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...-soars-to-750000/story-fndv2wg4-1227299723586

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So the Rooster's lose RTS and can only offer him 400k but somehow have the money to lure the best player in the game???? Seems legit.

Gronk

Staff member
Nice try Rorters ...

Parramatta is expected to be granted salary cap dispensation to accommodate Jarryd Hayne if he wanted to come back to the NRL in a bid to avoid a repeat of the situation that cost the club and the code Israel Folau.

While Hayne plans to give himself until next November to decide whether he has a future in NFL, Parramatta officials are set to meet with the NRL about their salary cap position if his bid to play American football didn't work out and he wanted to return for 2016.

However, they also believe they would have first right of refusal on his services if he was to resume his NRL career after granting the 26-year-old an immediate release from the final year of his contract to enable him to try to make it in the NFL.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hayne-returns-to-the-nrl-20141024-11bcgk.html

So the war chest is over a million dollars??? Because that's what it would take to get him back IMO. Doesn't seem fair at all.

It's the day the Sunday papers come out mate. Any club who isn't potentially interested in Hayne isn't thinking too hard. Not sure why it would require $1m + salary cap salary + 3rd parties, but you might be right. Why is it not fair (assuming the war chest is available to any club) ? the NRL offered to help us out in October, but JH wasn't interested.

Bigfella

Coach
I'm far more disturbed by the news we are in deep negotiations to sign a bloke I don't think any other bro club would take

jk13

First Grade
Hopefully deep means his manager trying to remove conditions such as only paying him when he deserves it

hindy111

Post Whore
Forget Sandow. So many guys on here that watch a lot of footy are clueless.
He has flashy moments but cant control a game.NO GOOD

lingard

Coach
I'm more getting at our perception of things. Norman is contracted for another year and has been going well. On the other hand, Sandow is off contract end of this year and has been getting a bit of criticism. So it's a no-brainer to let Sandow go and everything's sweet, right? But that doesn't appear to be the case, especially given the reports we're signing Sandow again and that Norman needed reassurance that he was still in the club's plans. So maybe within the club the pecking order of our halves is a bit different to how it appears to us outsiders.

You could also say that Norman has received reassurances - but Sandow hasn't. I reckon the only way Sandow can stay is if he and Norman alternate at fullback - Norman in defence and Sandow in attack OR: Sandow plays off the bench and we buy a good fullback.
If this new six-interchange rule comes in, will it mean that teams put an electric player (like Sandow) on the bench to take advantage of the oppositions tiring forwards, or will they have four forwards on the bench to minimise the fatigue factor in their own forwards? It'll be interesting. I'm guessing Sandow will play off the bench and we look for a decent fullback.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Or we could play Takairangi off the bench who can play centre, in the halves, second-row, and in the middle. He provides a lot more utility value and much better defence than Sandow. Sure he doesn't have the unpredictably of Sandow but he certainly offers a lot more off the bench overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts