What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanoff

Juniors
Why players would want to miss out an ashes tour and $120k in their pockets I have no idea. I am sure they could have found 17 Australians willing to go lol.

Because there are entirely too many games. You cannot expect blokes to turn up for a couple of trials, 26 nrl games, 3 or 4 finals, 3 SOO, 1 anzac test and then ask do you want to go to england for few more games. If i was a player i'd tell you to stick it as well.

These blokes arent robots. They are tired, and sore and hurt by the end of the season. Many of them need surgery to fix stuff they have been playing with. But because some sad merkin from the north of england has no other interests these players are meant to drive themselves further into the ground.

If the NRLPA had some nuts they'd specify a max of 30 games in any one year.

Burns

First Grade
Because there are entirely too many games. You cannot expect blokes to turn up for a couple of trials, 26 nrl games, 3 or 4 finals, 3 SOO, 1 anzac test and then ask do you want to go to england for few more games. If i was a player i'd tell you to stick it as well.

These blokes arent robots. They are tired, and sore and hurt by the end of the season. Many of them need surgery to fix stuff they have been playing with. But because some sad merkin from the north of england has no other interests these players are meant to drive themselves further into the ground.

If the NRLPA had some nuts they'd specify a max of 30 games in any one year.

Yet NZ are touring still. Hmm, gee they mustn't get tired!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Defintely Forget Brisbane & Sydney
Theyve both forfeited the right to host tests

Townsville
Newcastle
Canberra
Perth
Even Melbourne for an ANZAC test

& Auckland & Wellington too should be considered

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
48 hr delay is an excuse. That would have to have effected 25% or so who had flights back today.

And a severe natural disaster affecting the rest.

Taking that into account the crowd is excellent

Yes, Saturday would have been better for people who had tix already.

Von Neumann

Juniors
No the rlpa wanted it and the NRL let them have it. The useless merkins.

Its all give and take. Burnout is a major concern. But then coaches man management is a bit daft but understandable. If only they'd rest players more. Take a leaf out of the forcible test team rotation.

Hopefully with big benches in the next TV rights and less changes on field they can afford that luxury replacement policy. And reduced NRL rounds would be a major benefit too

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 less state of origin games for them and half play for the warriors who haven't been playing a heap of finals games lately.

And like last years 4nations no one is forcing Australian players to play in tests, they could have rested themselves if they felt they needed to. Some of the young next gen Australians could have got an amazing life experience and been bloodied ready to replace the current crock of old timers.
Instead the NRL pulled an Ashes tour, something the game has been crying out for and that would have built nicely onto the success of the last RLWC and competitive 4 nations.

As it happens I think an Eng v NZ series will likely be far more entertaining so no real loss other than the lost opportunity reignite the old rivallary in a a proper Ashes series.

seanoff

Juniors
Yet NZ are touring still. Hmm, gee they mustn't get tired!

No it just means that the players have no real voice.

There is too much league played by nrl players. Way way too much.

If they get their act together things will change. Afl players get a guaranteed 8 weeks holidays, including 2 over christmas. NFL players have negotiated their conditions down to a restriction on training times as well as enforced time off. NBA players can only go to camp after a certain date. MLB players ditto.

League is a very tough sport and the product and player longevity is diminished by so many games. The NFL is a year round product but they only play 16 regular season games for the reasons above. Also every game matters, there is no lull when the season is just sort of there like the nrl is about to get to.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well there's three times more origin games than kangaroos games this year thanks to the gutless f**kwits who run the game so that's a sign of their respect for the test team.

They ha the 4 nations and the WC the last 2 years. The players deserve a break this season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Back into the NRL. Hopefully the weekend off and some decent weather sparks interest again. Being conservative, I hope...

Friday
SYD v WST @ Allianz - 16,000
BRI v PEN @ Suncorp - 29,000

Saturday
CAN v GLD @ GIO - 9,000
CRO v WAR @ Remondis - 12,000
NQL v CBY @ 1300Smiles - 15,000

Sunday
MAN v NEW @ Brookvale - 14,000
PAR v MEL @ Pirtek - 14,000

Monday
SOU v SGI @ ANZ - 18,000

papabear

Juniors
honestly souths and st George should be the sunday match and one of those sunday or Saturday games the Monday fixture.

Broncos and Cowboys to get the top 2 crowds for the week. Souths/Dragons on a Monday is just wrong.

There should be certain games exempt from MNF to maximize crowds: Storm/Cowboys, Dogs/Eels, Souths/Roosters, and Souths/Dragons for example.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Do we want the games picked at the start of the season or not?

Everyone thought the Drags we're going to be shyte this year remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.