What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Avenger

Immortal
It's not a good look for a club if it is regularly associated with failed third party agreements.

It will make it far harder to sign players in future.

The failed TPA is from Obeid Junior who is related to Isaac Moses. Moses is Sandow's manager. Nothing to do with the club.

Paul Kent on Triple M stated that Sandow telephoned Obed Jr demanding his money.

It is also explained in this link:

"The Sunday Telegraph can also reveal the reason Obeid jnr has refused to pay the balance of the money is due to the way the Eels halfback personally telephone and demanded the third-party deal be honoured.
The Eels have been told Sandow has become increasingly agitated in the way Obeid jnr is approached, leading to a fallout between the pair.

If the Eels did agree to honour Sandow-Obeid third-party deal, the club would need to draw up the correct paperwork and lodge it officially with the NRL.

This would in turn have a domino effect of pushing the Eels over the salary cap again for next season, meaning the club could face the prospect of beginning 2016 on minus four points.
English Super League club Warrington are prepared to sign Sandow but need the halfback to be available before the UK cut-off of July 25."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...cost-him-his-job/story-fnp0lyn3-1227447198889

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
https://twitter.com/search?q=parramatta eels&src=tyah&vertical=default&f=tweets

FOX SPORTS NRL ‏@FOXNRL 2h2 hours ago
Paul Gallen says Dave Smith could play a part in @TheParraEels sacking Chris Sandow: http://bit.ly/1gHBpwC pic.twitter.com/NOCAaAaKEu

Amanda ‏@Bronte_Saurus2 1h1 hour ago
@FOXNRL @TheParraEels fairly rich coming from a drug cheat and a grub who has won nothing. how has Cronulla/NSW gone on @PaulGallen13 watch?

Paul Gallen ‏@PaulGallen13 57m57 minutes ago
@Bronte_Saurus2 @FOXNRL @TheParraEels I said I hope they don't use it as an excuse to sack him GOOSE get all the facts idiot

Amanda ‏@Bronte_Saurus2 19m19 minutes ago
@PaulGallen13 @FOXNRL @TheParraEels would @NRL have sacked you? is that the way you speak to women as well? wow! sorry!
3:14 AM - 19 Jul 2015 · Details

Why would any mature or sane adult have a twitter account?
It's just poison for the dumb.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
The other thing that concerns me is why have we even gone near the Obeids?
Are we seriously the stupidiest club in Australia?

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
The other thing that concerns me is why have we even gone near the Obeids?
Are we seriously the stupidiest club in Australia?

Suity

We didn't. Isaac Moses and Obeid Jr are cousins. Don't forget the allegations about Obeid and his family came out post Sandow's signing. However I can see what you are saying. I never liked them either.

Forty20

First Grade
Because in this modern world its all about Look at me, look at me. Look how many followers I have. I agree it's pathetic.

Truly, it's not much more than that.
Attention seeking at its worst.

Suity

Pfft you posers are just angry that you haven't got 18 followers on your accounts.

Twitter is a god awful medium though barring stuff like score updates for sports games and essentially acting as an RSS feed.

Because in this modern world its all about Look at me, look at me. Look how many followers I have. I agree it's pathetic.

Ive got a 9 year old girl whom im trying to steer away from all that shit before shes old enough. My tactic is ive told her that it was actually me that invented the selfie, back in 1988, & then show her a few pics of me taking photos of myself & a few mates. All of a sudden its not that cool.,,

Gronk

Staff member
Pfft you posers are just angry that you haven't got 18 followers on your accounts.

Twitter is a god awful medium though barring stuff like score updates for sports games and essentially acting as an RSS feed.

Instant news is what it's all about to me. Very valuable resource as well when City Rail tweet updates constantly etc.

Twitter is not all about meaningless mumbles and focus on followers.

From a business POV it can also increase hits to your website, which can convert to real new business.

Foe example it would be free advertising for a builder to take a pic of a job he is on. regular progress pics and the finished job. With the owners permission of course. Word of mouth referrals are bread and butter to small businesses these days.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Foe example it would be free advertising for a builder to take a pic of a job he is on. regular progress pics and the finished job. With the owners permission of course. Word of mouth referrals are bread and butter to small businesses these days.

Always done that without twitter.
Never had to advertise. How do you think builders, for example, got on before twitter?
Twitter is shit.

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
The failed TPA is from Obeid Junior who is related to Isaac Moses. Moses is Sandow's manager. Nothing to do with the club.

Paul Kent on Triple M stated that Sandow telephoned Obed Jr demanding his money.

It is also explained in this link:

"The Sunday Telegraph can also reveal the reason Obeid jnr has refused to pay the balance of the money is due to the way the Eels halfback personally telephone and demanded the third-party deal be honoured.
The Eels have been told Sandow has become increasingly agitated in the way Obeid jnr is approached, leading to a fallout between the pair.

If the Eels did agree to honour Sandow-Obeid third-party deal, the club would need to draw up the correct paperwork and lodge it officially with the NRL.

This would in turn have a domino effect of pushing the Eels over the salary cap again for next season, meaning the club could face the prospect of beginning 2016 on minus four points.
English Super League club Warrington are prepared to sign Sandow but need the halfback to be available before the UK cut-off of July 25."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...cost-him-his-job/story-fnp0lyn3-1227447198889

Mate they are a few problems with accepting that.

Firstly, why did sandow have to ring him to demand payment - it had clearly already been outstanding. Sounds to me like Obeid is now using that as an excuse because he can't or doesn't want to pay.

Second - if it's nothing to do with the club, why does it even enter into the negotiations and/or the contract. If these are genuinely amounts that the player and his Manager arrange independently, why would they even be discussed?

It's naive IMO to believe that the clubs are completely divorced from these arrangements.

The clubs are the ones who really get the advantage by securing in come for a player which doesn't count towards the cap.

The players are the ones taking a risk that the third party doesn't come through and they lose part of their agreed income.

We have reportedly had Hayne and sandow affected already. Foran reportedly baulked at part of our second proposal because of concerns about third party aspects.

If we get a reputation as a club which packages player payments as TPAS which don't get paid, it will affect our ability to sign players.