What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale weakness or strength

Wittenberg

Juniors
I know in the past Jason has been one of our players who we refuse to question his performance. He has for years been the symbol of what we want in the Red V, however is it time to question his worth given the form he has displayed this season.I know people will rush to defend him....carrying injuries, only just back on the field....etc, etc.
The reality is he charges in, is missing tackles and is being out jumped by his opposition. As well as this, injury driven or not, he is slow and getting slower. We resigned him for two years and that was largely not gquestioned but I hope he isn't put through the indignity of sitting on the bench or playing for the Cutters. He will always give 110 % , but what happens if it is not enough?

The Nick

Bench
2015 has easily been his worst season in memory. That being said, I always feel better with him in the team than out.

His worst game is still pretty solid IMO.

V

Vasilevsky

I know in the past Jason has been one of our players who we refuse to question his performance. He has for years been the symbol of what we want in the Red V, however is it time to question his worth given the form he has displayed this season.I know people will rush to defend him....carrying injuries, only just back on the field....etc, etc.
The reality is he charges in, is missing tackles and is being out jumped by his opposition. As well as this, injury driven or not, he is slow and getting slower. We resigned him for two years and that was largely not gquestioned but I hope he isn't put through the indignity of sitting on the bench or playing for the Cutters. He will always give 110 % , but what happens if it is not enough?

He has been poor on the face of it but he still does the little things that people don't notice so much very well like taking bombs and hitting it up giving the forwards a rest and invariably making good meters while doing it. Speed is a concern. He was never the fastest winger but seems to have slowed even more.

I think he will end up as an interchange utility.

giboz71

First Grade
He's being playing busted most of the year. He'll bounce back, the champions always do.

Tough one.

Wing has been our biggest weakness all year, both in attack and defence. The way I see most wingers these days finish backline movements, turning half chances into tries with spectacular plays, we just don't have that capability with our wingers right now.

And for a side that struggles to score point as it is, its a major problem.

Hopeful Nighty bounces back to his best next year when he is healthy.

BennyV

Referee
Tough one.

Wing has been our biggest weakness all year, both in attack and defence. The way I see most wingers these days finish backline movements, turning half chances into tries with spectacular plays, we just don't have that capability with our wingers right now.

And for a side that struggles to score point as it is, its a major problem.

Hopeful Nighty bounces back to his best next year when he is healthy.

Yeah, Nightingale is horrible at this...

oKJuFkGkkjVQfImTmDYYTj5DR5UGScqPqObDMH2Z3oJwW9ncRMQOwnhxDqlLQIJPk-m3-f7dkw5E0Rdy41Ida3Ps_O7GRTGw6Mp5bH47P9uzTzL6k56Tnt0oxs69fJSc8TMW_Y6fbg=w496-h297-nc

aGsDBb_-wu86qONIyDTV_bhiJYcEjATNfInPV25vBpqJMEfTFtf-1c8u2-vBtmO2SgLYUXCthKwm1LdOlOxOuJzWWel0x133vU1szdgDgfHQ-PyRr2YVxuGo-23L2vjXpskl9W1lJISnJZtRTDUQnydoECn5sA=w476-h309-nc

N0VEvAhFfQzHwQ1b-s423xM-1iflBLLe1NnUq5r5CAhDPuQY2-ancCO-0VzXymhJ4qTPW9ukdDjrUjb3dxXiekMHrrWwsNtfgr5pX7u-zqDuetM3je0Pjz3FwZpNVCWa9gKFsdaKOpX5x-Bt=w443-h332-nc

Mr Red

First Grade
1. let him get over his injuries.
2. put a decent centre inside him so he has confidence in his inside man in defense, and solid service for try scoring.
3. never discuss his performance in a negative manner again...

hardbaby

Coach
Agree his form has been poor. But he is the heart and soul of our team and is still a sublime finisher. His issue now is lack of pace. He will bounce back but I do think his best days are behind him.

Flo is not the problem.

Erratic service from the halves, and Dugan's inability to know when or how to pass the ball is the real problem.

As for blaming either winger for being out of position, the reality is, Mary has been relying on a compressed defence against all the bigger packs. The major drawback is opposition sides exploit the compressed defence with either a good kicking game or sweeping fast passing movement toward the wings.

Either way, neither winger is really at fault.

BigH

Juniors
So he appears to have had a bad year, but watching games this year the wingers are getting screwed by the centers positional play, the wingers often find themselves three on one, don't blame Flo.

He is and will be dragon legend and if he get over his niggling injuries I am sure he can get back to his best,

mmap dragons

Juniors
when is he back? Even at 75% he is our best winger by miles...

A bit of chatter it could be this week.

Gypsy is the best winger at the club. Fit or unfit. I now cringe every time I see Farrell run out. Hunt tries but isn't the answer.

There are still some decent wingers on the market including, Matt Duffie, Ken Maumalo & Reece Robinson. Better options than both Farrell and Hunt IMO.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A bit of chatter it could be this week.

Gypsy is the best winger at the club. Fit or unfit. I now cringe every time I see Farrell run out. Hunt tries but isn't the answer.

There are still some decent wingers on the market including, Matt Duffie, Ken Maumalo & Reece Robinson. Better options than both Farrell and Hunt IMO.

Duffie/Maumalo would be good pick-ups. Robinson is lazy as f**k though.

All 3, plus any other winger in history are better than Farrell.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Well the jury has spoken. He is our best winger. I still have some doubts but hopefully you guys are right. The comment about our compressed defence exposing our wingers is valid. It worked very well early in the season but sides expect it now, yet we haven't changed our structure.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Flo has had a troublesome ankle now for a few seasons. It requires surgery I think, so it's any wonder his form has been down this year.

I said it in another post, next season i'd like to think that if flo goes down, dufty or Thompson get a crack at a wing spot.
Players like matatuia and glymin really need to go to the next level next season if not, they should be moved on. We're just holding onto too many average players 'in case they come good'. If you're not hitting your straps by your early 20's as a winger, then your not likely to make it.

V

Vasilevsky

The bottom line is that if we want the club to become a powerhouse we have to forget emotion and start doing what Bennett did at Brisbane, then did the opposite and St George and Newcastle, and is now doing at Brisbane again. Start moving players on one year too early rather than one year too late. Creagh only has a one year contract but it wouldn't surprise me at all if next year is the last for both he and Nightingale.

TruSaint

Referee
He's being playing busted most of the year. He'll bounce back, the champions always do.

Yeah, Nightingale is horrible at this...

oKJuFkGkkjVQfImTmDYYTj5DR5UGScqPqObDMH2Z3oJwW9ncRMQOwnhxDqlLQIJPk-m3-f7dkw5E0Rdy41Ida3Ps_O7GRTGw6Mp5bH47P9uzTzL6k56Tnt0oxs69fJSc8TMW_Y6fbg=w496-h297-nc

aGsDBb_-wu86qONIyDTV_bhiJYcEjATNfInPV25vBpqJMEfTFtf-1c8u2-vBtmO2SgLYUXCthKwm1LdOlOxOuJzWWel0x133vU1szdgDgfHQ-PyRr2YVxuGo-23L2vjXpskl9W1lJISnJZtRTDUQnydoECn5sA=w476-h309-nc

N0VEvAhFfQzHwQ1b-s423xM-1iflBLLe1NnUq5r5CAhDPuQY2-ancCO-0VzXymhJ4qTPW9ukdDjrUjb3dxXiekMHrrWwsNtfgr5pX7u-zqDuetM3je0Pjz3FwZpNVCWa9gKFsdaKOpX5x-Bt=w443-h332-nc

1. let him get over his injuries.
2. put a decent centre inside him so he has confidence in his inside man in defense, and solid service for try scoring.
3. never discuss his performance in a negative manner again...

when is he back? Even at 75% he is our best winger by miles...

Refer above.... He is an out and out legend and one of the best wingers in the game. No disrespect to to OT, but Flo is the solution.. not the problem.

Latest posts