What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really not convinced anybody would get Farah that cheap. Why would the Tigers wear $500K for 2 years on their salary cap to not play him at their club? It makes no sense.

He wants to stay in Sydney any way. We are no chance.
The Tigers want to be free of Farah.

If they are willing to play him in NSW Cup all year, then they are willing to pay more than half of his contract for his remaining 2 years.

If Newcastle want, I reckon they could get Farah for just 100k to 200k a season.

Sign him for 2 years, let the Tigers pay the lionshare. If the Tigers seriously want him gone, then they'll take whatever offer comes their way.

Regarding his attitude towards those above him. Just stop and have a look at the way the club has been/is run. The board room leaks like a bucket with no bottom in it, they have shown no reluctance to throw Farah under the bus, there has been no leadership at board room level, they gave Potter no authority. The club is a rabble and at times the only person leading the club, horrificly, was Farah.

Take him to a club that isn't distracted with being in the news every day and fighting amongst itself. Where he won't be captain. Where he can run from dummy half, he will be unbelievable.

As far as him being destabilising, I believe that's a load of rubbish. He's sacrificed himself for the club and they've treated him repeatedly like shit in return. Of course he's going to come across looking like a merkin for taking a stand against it and defending himself.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Telegraph is throwing around Carney's name for next year. Surely not. No room in the halves for him any way...
Fullback is a possibility. Brown might see what many of us are starting to see - that Mamo is anything but a sure thing as a fullback.
Maybe Brown wants to get rid of Mullen
Not beyond the realm of possibility... but it would be surprising. Hodkinson has been nothing but glowing of Mullen - he keeps citing playing alongside Mullen as a key influence to getting him here. I don't see how any incoming coach could possibly look at the year we've had and blame the bloke that's been injured. Even when Mullen came back for those couple of games on 1 leg, we were still 100 times better with him broken than without him.

Still, you'd think Carney would be cheap if we could get it through the NRL. He's such a massive risk... especially in Newie. I can only imagine the loose nights he'd get up to. Regardless of what some people might try to claim whilst defending Newcastle - it does have an endemic drug and alcohol culture and I think Carney would really struggle to keep out of trouble.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Regardless of how good a player Carney might be on his day, those days have been few and far between over the last few years. He might have won the dally M in 2010 but he's a shadow of that player now, he's also been pretty injury prone as well.

Not to mention the off field stuff, he repeatedly embarrassed himself and whichever club he played for with his off field acts of stupidity. Personally I'd be happy to not see him in the NRL again let alone our club.

Swarzey

Bench
Not beyond the realm of possibility... but it would be surprising. Hodkinson has been nothing but glowing of Mullen - he keeps citing playing alongside Mullen as a key influence to getting him here. I don't see how any incoming coach could possibly look at the year we've had and blame the bloke that's been injured. Even when Mullen came back for those couple of games on 1 leg, we were still 100 times better with him broken than without him.

Perversepls.

It's never Mullen himself. It's just a coincidence that when he plays suddenly we have a fraction of structure and direction. Just a fraction but enough to win games. We should also move him on because in ten years he's failed to deliver us a premiership ala Joey. Obviously if a (faux) halfback can't do that in that time then they must be moved on.

Just look at JT and all the premierships he's steered the Cowboys to all by himself; no solid halves partner to aid him.

Still, you'd think Carney would be cheap if we could get it through the NRL. He's such a massive risk... especially in Newie. I can only imagine the loose nights he'd get up to. Regardless of what some people might try to claim whilst defending Newcastle - it does have an endemic drug and alcohol culture and I think Carney would really struggle to keep out of trouble.

No doubt. With such a young, talented roster the last thing I want is for him to drag kids like Mamo, Levi, Tapine etc into any negative situation.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Perversepls.

It's never Mullen himself. It's just a coincidence that when he plays suddenly we have a fraction of structure and direction. Just a fraction but enough to win games. We should also move him on because in ten years he's failed to deliver us a premiership ala Joey. Obviously if a (faux) halfback can't do that in that time then they must be moved on.

Just look at JT and all the premierships he's steered the Cowboys to all by himself; no solid halves partner to aid him.

I think I know what you're trying to say...

1qaz

Juniors
Don't need Carney if Mullen is fit.
The Knights need Farah more than Tolman.

Plenty of points in this spine regardless who you have in the centres.

1. Gagai
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
9. Farah

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm with 1qaz. Get pat or chanel to play centre and earn their pay cheque.

But if we could get Farah and tolman...

What we need is a backup goal kicker. Just can't afford to have the main kicker injured or off his kicking and have someone who hasn't kicked since U12's fill in.
Whoever that may be they had better start practising now. At least Farah has a few kicks. Only a few though - 12 goals since 2003.

Rounding up all the media on Farah the general consensus is only Souths can stop us signing him so it may come down to Maguire and if he can sign Teo or Sam Burgess first. I doubt Maguire is interested as he has already said as much and he knew he would have the Glenn Stewart money some time ago I feel.

1qaz

Juniors
What we need is a backup goal kicker. Just can't afford to have the main kicker injured or off his kicking and have someone who hasn't kicked since U12's fill in.
Whoever that may be they had better start practising now. At least Farah has a few kicks. Only a few though - 12 goals since 2003.

Dane did some goal kicking in the 20s.
Had kicked a couple goals this year as well.

Phil9496

Juniors
Hearing the Knights are looking for a backup Half as Mullen has had a run of injuries. Shannon Crook is a young half from the Dragons. Was NSW U20 halfback 2 years ago, great young bloke with a cool head and a great kicking game. Also can shoot for goal. Has been let go by the Dragons as he is not in Mary's wet dreams. Mary has a thing for Hutchison. Hearing a few of the hierarchy at the Drags not happy with his decision. Would be def worth a look.

Why would we want to sign a run of the mill 20 year old half? Feeny has shown he has the goods, he will be a good enough back up.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Agreed, a lot of fans don't realise just how good Feeney has become/is becoming, his development in NSW Cup is outstanding. He's far better than Crook and majority of the fringe halves running around.

Johns Magic

Referee
Is Feeney related to ex-Dogs backrower Jamie Feeney? Seem to remember he was from Muswellbrook or somewhere.

Since Tolman appears a no goer now we must have some coin if Brown is after Farah, a back up half and a prop. I am going to real impressed if he gets all three and the half and prop are more than roster filler.

Spot On

Coach
Hey look,

We have a coach that knows what we need, knows who must go and will only buy a player if he's the right price. Also seems to be aware if junior talent that must be brought through instead of paying overs for blokes that wouldn't get a run elsewhere.

Shit. He might go alright.

Alex28

Coach
Reading through my Linkedin feed the other day under connections that have connected with, I noticed that Danny Buderus connected with Rob Burrow. Former teammates? Perhaps he's keen to come to the NRL...