What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football Mk:2 - The Ultras Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Oh dear. Not this argument again....

On the BSB this morning there was one caller in particular who was a Parra supporter who was whinging about the media unfairly targeting only the A-League.

An Eels fan who obviously only reads the paper for the A-League and nothing else because Parra cops it delux pretty much year round, fairly and unfairly it's just the way the media is.

Kornstar

Coach
Stories about whichever team will 'push the most peoples' buttons' always win.

I get that, I just think it is funny.

Even when I think the Eels are getting an unfair go in the media I don't sit there and think "hey, why aren't they targeting the AFL or A-League".

It was the theme of a few calls this morning that only the A-League received negative press.

bartman

Immortal
What do you expect ? That after the club issues a press release that we all pretend that the problem is solved ?

The proof of the pudding Suity. A large chunk of your supporters need to an attitude shift. The biggest hurdle in achieving that IMO is the the gen Y merkins who have a problem with authority.

If It's all good now then they will behave, have no derogatory banners, smuggle no flares and not cause a fuss.

Am I wrong ?
This :clap:.

The victim mentality with soccer supporters is f**king hilarious.

Apparently the media only attacks the A-League, there is never any negative stories about the NRL.........
And this :clap:.

phantom eel

First Grade
So the Wanderers players don't even want their knuckleheaded fans to stage their walkout....

http://www.theguardian.com/football...son-tells-fans-not-to-stage-a-league-walk-out

Western Sydney's Scott Jamieson tells fans not to stage A-League walk-out

Western Sydney Wanderers defender Scott Jamieson has called on the club’s fans not to stage a walkout midway through Sunday’s A-League match against the Central Coast. Wanderers fans were left outraged after News Corp Australia revealed a list of 198 banned A-League fans on Sunday, with slightly under half of those coming from the Western Sydney club.

It led to the club’s main support group, the Red and Black Bloc, issuing a list of demands to Football Federation Australia, claiming they will walk out of grounds midway through matches until it is addressed. [:lol:]

1333.jpg

“I feel that they’ve got a right to be aggrieved with what’s happening,” Jamieson told Sky Sports Radio. “Most of them are doing the right thing on gamedays and they’re paying their money and they’re getting hung out to dry a bit.

“But for a player I hope they don’t walk out. I don’t know what minute they’re looking to walk out but it could be nil-nil or we could be down and we need extra motivation from the fans. If they walk out it could be a little bit unsettling for us.”

Similar threats have also been made by the Melbourne Victory’s main supporter group, however Jamieson said fans staying at the game would help prove the code’s critics wrong. “With these people coming out and attacking our fans and our game they generally do feel threatened,” he said. “I fully understand where they’re coming from, the people who are doing the right thing are feeling aggrieved at being painted with the bad brush.”

Meanwhile, broadcaster Alan Jones waded further into the debate on Thursday, saying on his 2GB radio show that the News Corp report and its author Rebecca Wilson “did an outstanding community service” in identifying 198 banned A-League fans.

“It is a disgrace that Rebecca Wilson is being named and shamed,” said Jones, before claiming that his comments contrasting A-League fan behaviour with the recent Paris terrorist attacks had been misconstrued.

“I didn’t liken what was happening in the A-League to Paris,” said Jones.

“I argued that the terrorism in Paris was a crisis in Western political leadership and what’s happening in soccer is a crisis of leadership. Simple as that.”

strider

Post Whore
so you genuinely agree with this that its a big conspiracy that the media (and whoever else) are just out to take down the sport of football (soccer)?

I can tell you 100% for certain that I know one media organisation who are very favourable towards football

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I thought the point of the protests was pretty obvious but having them spell it out in banner form was quite handy.

Suitman

Post Whore
so you genuinely agree with this that its a big conspiracy that the media (and whoever else) are just out to take down the sport of football (soccer)?

I can tell you 100% for certain that I know one media organisation who are very favourable towards football

So could I mate.

No, I don't think it's a big conspiracy. I've never said that. I do however, believe that there are certain sections of the media who Do want to take football down, through their vested interests. It's a no brainer mate, and there are similar sections of other media who want to take Rugby League down.
Rothfield is a News Limited RL journalist. Yet he is forever bringing RL down. What do League fans do about it? Whine on the internet. Webster from the Herald proved himself partial to the A-League the other night on Sky News. Also a RL journalist.
It's quite clear that Hadley, Wilson, Jones and other's of their ilk in the Victorian and QLD media hate football. It's obvious through their editorials.

You know what mate? That's fine. They can have their opinions. But Football fans won't tolerate it.
Rugby League fans appear to be happy to sit by and see their game shat upon by all sorts. The Terrorgraph is worse to League than it is to football.
But all league fans do is whine on internet forums. Unfortunately.

Gronk whines about 9 not broadcasting in HD? Wow, only about 3 years later they announce it today, when it should have happened when they promised.
Bart wants Pirtek specific season tickets but what does he do? Whine on the internet.

Football fans are trying to do something about the wrongs perpetrated against fans, and fans from all clubs are taking a united stand this weekend.
City active fans have boycotted totally tonight, except for a couple holding up another banner.

strider

Post Whore
well tbh - they can hold up signs at games all they want - but if people (like you) don't then post pictures of it on the internet then it doesn't get much coverage .... the interwebs are where its at these days

hadley, jones and wilson are first rate f**king imbeciles .... its pretty sad they have so much sway with certain generations (well becca doesn't, I don't think any sane person gives her any time)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Any reaction from fans such as whining on the internet and holding up signs just gives the media more oxygen and more opportunity for biased stories.

The football haters in the media would be loving what's happening at the moment. How do the football fraternity expect the media to stop their biased stories when they keep creating so much drama and openly antagonise those that report the news?

Gronk

Staff member
Lol.

Most of you lot have missed the point of the protests, so I'll let the Sydney FC fans spell it out for you, as they did at last night's game.
Yes Gronk, your mob.

Nice try. This all started because WSW fans act like f**kwits at games. Get that sorted and side stories like this don't happen.

You should be thankful that other clubs are showing the love whilst you're going through a tough time.

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile in real soccer..

Manchester City are reportedly set to break the bank to lure the world's best footballer, Lionel Messi, from the bright lights of sunny Barcelona to the dreary floodlight streets of northern England.
In a deal that is believed to be worth around $1.67 million a week, the Argentina superstar would leave the Catalan giants after 11 hugely successful years in which Messi has claimed numerous Champions League and La Liga titles.
The Sun are reporting that Barcelona are willing to accept a transfer fee in the region of $250 million to make the move happen.

strider

Post Whore
Someone clarify transfer fees with me? ... the player gets none it all goes to the club yeah? ... so the receiving club then pays the player his truckload AND the shitload of transfer fee?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Someone clarify transfer fees with me? ... the player gets none it all goes to the club yeah? ... so the receiving club then pays the player his truckload AND the shitload of transfer fee?

players gets around 10-15% depending on what is negotiated, agent gets a fist full as well

Suitman

Post Whore
Any reaction from fans such as whining on the internet and holding up signs just gives the media more oxygen and more opportunity for biased stories.

The football haters in the media would be loving what's happening at the moment. How do the football fraternity expect the media to stop their biased stories when they keep creating so much drama and openly antagonise those that report the news?

Fair point Gary.
It's a double edged sword. Those aren't the only options open to fans though, and there will be other avenues taken and this will keep going until the FFA do something about it.
The alternative is to do nothing, and that's not going to happen.

Conspiracy theory No ###.

Anyone see this article published yesterday?

The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust has made the state's most violent venues list - the first time a sporting venue has been included since the scheme began in 2008.
The Trust is a surprise inclusion in the list of venues that have had between 12 and 18 violent incidents in the past financial year.
The Trust, which runs licensed venues at the SCG and neighbouring Allianz Stadium, recorded 12 violent incidents in the latest period.
The were four during NRL games, three during the cricket, two during rugby matches, two during AFL fixtures and one during soccer matches.
As such, from December 8 it will on Level 2 restrictions and be forced to cease alcohol service 30 minutes before closing and maintain an incident register during trading hours.
Other restrictions for Level 2 venues include a ban on serving drinks in glass containers after midnight and a 10-minute break in alcohol service or active distribution of water and/or food after midnight.
However a spokesman said on Friday the Trust already complies with these and more stringent rules.
The list, published by the NSW government on Friday, also reveals Home Nightclub at Cockle Bay has replaced the Ivy on George Street as Sydney's most violent venue.
Home recorded 19 incidents, putting it on Level 1 restrictions for venues recording 19 or more assaults in the financial year.
This means a mandatory 1.30am lockout, cessation of alcohol service 30 minutes before close, a ban on glass containers or shots, doubles and pre-mixed drinks over 5 per cent alcohol after midnight.
The Plantation Hotel in Coffs Harbour, with 21 incidents, is now the state's most violent venue and the only other on Level 1 restrictions.
Ivy, with 14 incidents - down from 23 in the previous period - drops from Level 1 to Level 2 restrictions.
Hospitality Minister Troy Grant said Ivy had been on Level 1 restrictions for the past four years and had been working with the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and police.
Mr Grant noted the significant drop in violent incidents since the scheme began - 200 across 14 venues this period, compared with 1270 incidents across 48 venues in 2008.
"The vast majority of venues act responsibly and take their obligations seriously," he said.
"I congratulate the six venues across the state that have been removed from this latest list and it is pleasing to see Ivy working with OLGR and Police to drive down violent incidents at their venue."
The SCG Trust spokesman said eight of the incidents occurred at Allianz Stadium and four at the SCG and that it already enforces Level 1 and Level 2 licensing restrictions.
"Any incidence of violence at the Sydney Cricket Ground or Allianz Stadium is one too many," he said.
"Incidents at the SCG and Allianz Stadium are few in comparison to the number of patrons who attend the venues".
The spokesman said more than 1.6 million people attended events at the SCG and Allianz in the past year.
"The 12 incidents noted by the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing represent less than one incident for every 130,000 fans who attend events," he said.
http://m.smh.com.au/...127-gl9mh2.html

Both DUI Bec's husband, John Hartigan, and Alan Jones are on the SCG Trust.
It has been strongly rumoured that the leaked list of banned football fans came from someone within the SCG TRUST.
Being added the list of the of the states most violent venues would be something they would want brushed under the carpet, or want to deflect attention to somehow.
Mmmmmmm.

Suity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.