What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds to Dragons?

GC Dragon

Juniors
Not so sure we haven't got a half within after watching Blake Wallace last night . Not sure of his age but he run the side very well . plays both left and right , great kicking and passing game and blinding speed off the mark . As said on another thread how McCrone got a contract ahead of him is beyond me .

getsmarty

Immortal
Not so sure we haven't got a half within after watching Blake Wallace last night . Not sure of his age but he run the side very well . plays both left and right , great kicking and passing game and blinding speed off the mark . As said on another thread how McCrone got a contract ahead of him is beyond me .

Agree re McCrone. How old is Wallace? May be a few years away. Best case scenario we sign Cronk who then mentors our Young halves.

Hes in his mid 20's he was overlooked when at Dapto so he took off to the Q Cup just like Josh Starling did.

He played well up north and was asked to come back by Ben Haran to play to play for the Cutters and see how he progresses.

He's a very smart player with the ball and without and he should be given an oppurtunity but i guess they signed McCrone for experience.

It was the same situation when they signed keating and henry over him but i guess sometimes players rather have a fulltime job in the rl world instead of playing for next to nothing.

hardbaby

Coach
Agree re McCrone. How old is Wallace? May be a few years away. Best case scenario we sign Cronk who then mentors our Young halves.

Young halves don't want to play reggies and be mentored. They want to play first grade and be heroes. There is a very small window of opportunity or they leave to play elsewhere. Look how many halves changed clubs this year.

BLM01

First Grade
Correct..would prefer Reynolds for Long term, but Cronk would also be great. Souths fans seem to be confident they have Cronk, so the concern is Reynolds could easily end up at the Storm and we miss out.
I know plenty of Souths fans that said they had Roberts as well. Souths can not afford or match what the Dragons will reportedly pay. We will find out shortly what comes out in the wash.

blacksafake

First Grade
Talking to a mate who's uncle(yea i know a friend of a friend etc) is well connected with souths was told that GI is close to extending his contract & if so will move him to 5/8 & are going after Tedesco big time.Keary will be the one to be moved along with Reynolds staying.Keary has supposedly been told to pull his big head in & to show them that he deserves the big $$ he is on.They also think he is the one leaking all the news out of the club to some in the press.If this is true it looks like we are no chance of getting Reynolds.Do we then have a crack for Keary(only if this kick in the guts improves his ego) or not.

The Nick

Bench
Talking to a mate who's uncle(yea i know a friend of a friend etc) is well connected with souths was told that GI is close to extending his contract & if so will move him to 5/8 & are going after Tedesco big time.Keary will be the one to be moved along with Reynolds staying.Keary has supposedly been told to pull his big head in & to show them that he deserves the big $$ he is on.They also think he is the one leaking all the news out of the club to some in the press.If this is true it looks like we are no chance of getting Reynolds.Do we then have a crack for Keary(only if this kick in the guts improves his ego) or not.

Interesting news, particularly about Inglis moving back to 5/8. I know he won a premiership in the 6 but I always felt it wasn't his strongest position. He's been so dangerous at fullback I'm curious about the rationale to move him. His biggest weakness is he can drift in and out of games at times and I think he can get away with that more at 5/8. At fullback he's sort of forced to be on the ball whether he wants to or not.

With regards to Keary, if the rumours are true then I wouldn't be interested. Despite his talent, if he's not a good club man then we don't need him. If a young player is truly responsible for all the noise coming out of Souths then I think he needs to pull his head in and tow the line.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Hes in his mid 20's he was overlooked when at Dapto so he took off to the Q Cup just like Josh Starling did.

He played well up north and was asked to come back by Ben Haran to play to play for the Cutters and see how he progresses.

He's a very smart player with the ball and without and he should be given an oppurtunity but i guess they signed McCrone for experience.

It was the same situation when they signed keating and henry over him but i guess sometimes players rather have a fulltime job in the rl world instead of playing for next to nothing.

I think he's 23 and as they say; If he's good enough..he's old enough!

Wittenberg

Juniors
Young talented players want to break into first grade not serving out apprenticeships in the Cutters. Benji will in 2017 be one year older, so will Cronk. I'd prefer a young half like Reynolds if we buy anyone. Give Wallace as much exposure as we can, play him in the Cutters, but show he, if he's got it, can be fast tracked and will not see himself sitting behind another ageing superstar on the back end of their career.

62baby

Juniors
I took the time to have a squiz at Wallace's career when he came back mid last year.
This kid may have been one who slipped through the cracks. There is a chance, if he shows form from the get-go this year, that he might be 'the guy'. Reynolds would be good, Cronk would be great, but not the end of the world if we miss them both.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would like to see a little more of Wallace as he had a couple of nice touches the other night. It would be interesting how he goes against a nrl side. He definately showed a bit of vision and flair.

Rather stick with Benji on a year by year basis.

Older players usually fall off the cliff performance wise at the very end of their careers when the body can no longer do what the brain asks of it.

Till then, expect he will continue to be the best playmaker we have had in some time.