What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
Kids over here play both also though. A high number actually go to Rugby schools and play both codes.
Not sure specifically which part of my post this is a response to, but, probably the big difference though is league is the dominant code here as opposed to rugby in NZ.

Matiunz

Juniors
Major test to see if the sell out crowds continue with 2 tough away games (yes magic round is still away lol) to come annd after what’s been served up the last month.

Iamback

Coach
Not sure specifically which part of my post this is a response to, but, probably the big difference though is league is the dominant code here as opposed to rugby in NZ.

My point is over here they feed into school system over here once the relevant RL comps finish.

A couple of years ago. There were only the top grade at the Warriors. They now added 90 players or so. Many of whom were only RU players, Those players will feed into domestic RL somewhere which improves that competition.

It is steps in the right direction to get some sort of meaningful Domestic league going.

Canard

Immortal
Major test to see if the sell out crowds continue with 2 tough away games (yes magic round is still away lol) to come annd after what’s been served up the last month.
Also be interesting to see what impact the All Blacks have on their crowds also.

Brian potter

Bench
And also how the Blues impact things over the next few weeks. If the Blues keep winning over the last few rounds of SR, and the Warriors keep sliding, that'll start to show in crowd numbers for both teams.
Which has a good chance of happening unfortunately.

warriors need a drastic shakeup in order to turn things around and I’d be inclined to throw a few youngsters into the mix like Laban, maiu’u and Leiataua.

Wow the warriors found 90 juniors to fill their elite pathways

someone spent months saying league juniors were in a dire state
Nearly half of those were from RU schools.

So numbers for Warriors juniors are looking good now they have a full pathway system in place, but there's still a lot of work needed to strengthen juniors across the code.

Wb1234

Referee
Nearly half of those were from RU schools.

So numbers for Warriors juniors are looking good now they have a full pathway system in place, but there's still a lot of work needed to strengthen juniors across the code.
Exactly what I’ve been saying

league should just take players from the system union has established for its elite pathways rather than spending so much money trying to duplicate

Matiunz

Juniors
Exactly what I’ve been saying

league should just take players from the system union has established for its elite pathways rather than spending so much money trying to duplicate
That’s pretty much what they’ve been doing already. Majority of their Juniors have can credit at least some of the development to the union systems.
League needs to set up its own pathways in conjunction, particularly if what you predict happens and Union falls into oblivion they won’t have that system to tap anymore without their own

Wb1234

Referee
That’s pretty much what they’ve been doing already. Majority of their Juniors have can credit at least some of the development to the union systems.
League needs to set up its own pathways in conjunction, particularly if what you predict happens and Union falls into oblivion they won’t have that system to tap anymore without their own
No cherry picking union juniors is cheaper and more effective

union itself struggles to pay for those pathways

Matiunz

Juniors
My only concern with him at 6 is he has zero kicking game and is such an individual player that the ball isn’t getting past him (not that it is really at the moment either).
Center clearly isn’t working for him though so kinda needs to be fullback- which is a shame for CNK.
I’d have try a back 5 of
1.RTS
2.DWZ
3.CNK
4/5 Either combo of Ali and Pompey.
CHT into 6 when he’s fit for TMM, Metcalf back there when he’s fit with CHT into 14

Latest posts