What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial: Parra vs Penrith

^b0ss^

Juniors
no no get carried away strider.

Been many yrs seen we could, its hopefully going to be a good ride this yr.I would love to beat brocs first round but if we dont im dreeding the backlash, all im after first round is no blow out score.

Were going to be playing a team that has no real changes and went to the GF last yr so im not looking to be world beaters first round just a good effort.

Incorrect

Coach
The thing that surprised me the most in the trial was the last 20 odd minutes. I know the panthers had taken several players off too, but we had basically a 2nd team playing with a bunch of players out of position and we played it all in their half.

The upshot of that is we seem to have a good attitude across the club at present. Dont wanna get too carried away though.

I think that was all basically down to Will Smith... man he had a poor poor game.... that might be as close as he gets to NRL footy this year

Eelementary

Post Whore
Was super impressed with Gordon's positional play at the back, and Scott's work ethic - he dropped the ball a bit, but gee he's a good defender.

Question - let's say the attacking team starts on the 20m line. A defending player is running back to the 30m line to get onside, and the dummy-half runs directly at him.

Is the defending player allowed to make a tackle once he reaches the 30m mark, or will he be penalised?

I had a discussion about offside with a mate and I'm not totally sure tbh.

Incorrect

Coach
Was super impressed with Gordon's positional play at the back, and Scott's work ethic - he dropped the ball a bit, but gee he's a good defender.

Question - let's say the attacking team starts on the 20m line. A defending player is running back to the 30m line to get onside, and the dummy-half runs directly at him.

Is the defending player allowed to make a tackle once he reaches the 30m mark, or will he be penalised?

I'm certain the defender is allowed to make a tackle once he reaches the 30 metre...

Noise

Coach

Once the defender reaches the 30m line he is 100% on side.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think that was all basically down to Will Smith... man he had a poor poor game.... that might be as close as he gets to NRL footy this year
I hope so. He has been absolutely horrific any time he has tried his hand at playmaking. Soward and Wallace had average games themselves, but even average isn't so bad when you aren't actually costing your team every time you touch the ball.

Will Smith is just a shittier version of Kurt Gidley. Average fullback that sucks elsewhere but has played there and for some reason that makes people think he is a utility. Will Smith could ride his utility tag into first grade the same way Kurt Gidley did into rep footy.

phantom eel

First Grade
Here's old Ken in 1968, in shorts that don't look very blue or yellow:

p-97-06.jpg

Latest posts