What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
i'm the only one saying kelly is useless? Wake up to yourself bigguts. Everyone on here knows kelly is usless apart from you and pau.

So you clame. But all I see is Blaim, Blaim, Blaim.

I really wish you would refrane. It's just one gaim.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't rate Kelly at all - and fair enough I guess that many have picked him as this weeks goat.

But - really when you look at things objectively, our right hand side defence cost us the game. Semi's handling error late in the first half was also a shocker - they scored next set.

There were many moments that cost us. Kelly couldn't win us the game - but no way did he cost us the game. That is just silly.

...and do I really care what some fat bastard in the crowd thinks of him? Another sideline hero. Kelly is very average - but he did not get much help from his mates.

Very well said!!!

What about in the first half when attacking the try line Norman did a nothing kick on the second or third tackle.

What's that young half we had a few years ago who got caught up in that betting scandal doing? Worth throwing a lifeline if BA thinks Cornish is no good?

hindy111

Post Whore
Gower can't kick either.

You keep asking me why the coach picked Kelly. Are you saying you know better than the coach?

I would of picked Kelly to. If norman stayed on Kelly would of went better. But you seem to know heaps about cornish.I tell you right now he is a better player then Kelly. Kelly was only picked cause he has played with corey before, if we dont see him as good enough too fill in for first grade we never would of chased cornish.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i'm the only one saying kelly is useless? Wake up to yourself bigguts. Everyone on here knows kelly is usless apart from you and pau.

Mate, if being angry and confused makes you happier than understanding what the coach is doing then stay on your current path. When he eventually gets the arse, as all coaches do, you can pretend you knew better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our biggest concern last night was lack of support. So many times forwards hit it up and there was no one with them. Even if you do not plan to pass having a guy run alongside creates the worry that you may throw the short one just before you hit the line.
It did seem like we still have the one and only attacking play-The one where we sweep out wide and try and create an overlap.
How about a grubber into the in goals for a player or some short balls in the middle. The sweeping move to semi outwide is a little predictable. Every team will be awake to it this year - YAWN. Need some better attacking moves.

forward pass

Coach
my son just sent his link to me, here we go Pou, even more people who have no idea compared your vast and superior knowledge

What's more , they were at the game, anyway all in good spirit, but mate stop arguing with the obvious

http://www.nospam47.com/league-news...s-fans-brutal-after-brisbane-broncos-loss-nrl

Sorry Delboy - but what exactly is this supposed to prove? Nuffies who have never played a game of football in their lives bagging a player and we are supposed to take that as gospel?

Would have been nice if they interviewed some real supporters.

forward pass

Coach
I disagree I though the was very poor when Norman was on in attack and defence.

Can you please give examples of this? I would really like to see which plays you are referring to.

We put on a few 'out the back' block plays in the first half and Kelly did his job beautifully. No different to the part Foran would have played in those moves.

I think he did a job that he was asked to do - that is all I expected. A few errors spoilt his game for sure but fmd he wasn't alone there !

Delboy

First Grade
Sorry Delboy - but what exactly is this supposed to prove? Nuffies who have never played a game of football in their lives bagging a player and we are supposed to take that as gospel?

Would have been nice if they interviewed some real supporters.

Gee, it was supposed to be funny, don't do a Pou on everyone and think all comments are intended t be analysed as some sort of biblical phrase

Mind you, even the nuffies recognise that a certain player had a dogsh@t game, allowing for the way their comments were phrased - they still looked more intelligent than Fatty and Bo knows. :crazy:

Delboy

First Grade
Just a quick further point, are some saying that if you selected in an NRL team you should be immune from criticism and review because someone suggests you are a back up selection

They still get paid as a full time player after all, if you play as badly in A grade or U15s, you will still get criticised

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would of picked Kelly to. If norman stayed on Kelly would of went better. But you seem to know heaps about cornish.I tell you right now he is a better player then Kelly. Kelly was only picked cause he has played with corey before, if we dont see him as good enough too fill in for first grade we never would of chased cornish.

Cornish has very poor defence. Even last year when he stopped a couple of blokes who ran straight at him, he still missed half a dozen tackles against us. Of course, none of the dopes noticed that. But tackling front on is easy, especially for stocky little blokes like Cornish.

Anyway I hope his defence improves, because he has good talent as a kicker and playmaker.

Dibs

Bench
Their defence was inviting hit ups rather than wide shifts. Essentially conceding metres rather than linebreaks. That's why they're favourites.

How good did Jennings and Radradra look on the left, outside either Norman or Edwards?

Answer the question asked and I'll think about answering yours

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our biggest concern last night was lack of support. So many times forwards hit it up and there was no one with them. Even if you do not plan to pass having a guy run alongside creates the worry that you may throw the short one just before you hit the line.
It did seem like we still have the one and only attacking play-The one where we sweep out wide and try and create an overlap.
How about a grubber into the in goals for a player or some short balls in the middle. The sweeping move to semi outwide is a little predictable. Every team will be awake to it this year - YAWN. Need some better attacking moves.

People aren't giving Brisbane's defence enough credit. They took away our options. However I agree our support play dropped off. With only 45% of the ball we did seem to run out of puff. In that light I thought our defence was very good in the second half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just a quick further point, are some saying that if you selected in an NRL team you should be immune from criticism and review because someone suggests you are a back up selection

They still get paid as a full time player after all, if you play as badly in A grade or U15s, you will still get criticised

Kelly obviously had a poor second half, at least in attack. Everyone, including the coach, would have predicted Kelly would struggle as the sole halfback.

Where your assessment is poor is your suggestion that Kelly's performance was proof he shouldn't have been picked, or that he shouldn't get picked again with Foran unavailable.