What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send off dead?

shaggs

Coach
He doesn't know the rules. Just like most of the refs. Blatant trip from I've ever seen one. Will only get a week, but should be more.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You can put the sin bin in the bin as well. The NRL have become so scared shitless of negative press, they can't even enforce their own rules

The number of deliberate penalties has gone through the roof this year. Must be down to interchange and warm weather but it won't stop while refs are too gutless to use the bin. Send offs are dead. No doubt. But the unwillingness to bin is worse I reckon because it is having an impact on every game. Not only is it slowing the game but it's leading to more penalty goals. It'll be like union if it keeps going this way. The irony is they use the bin a lot in union. They also use it a lot in super league and not just for pro fouls but also fouls. It would only take two or three to stop the rot in the NRL. But it won't happen. The NRL has no idea and refs have no balls.

some11

Referee
Scared of having two binnings in the same game.

Here's a thought: enforce the f**king rules and watch players think twice in the future.

typicalfan

Coach
The number of deliberate penalties has gone through the roof this year. Must be down to interchange and warm weather but it won't stop while refs are too gutless to use the bin. Send offs are dead. No doubt. But the unwillingness to bin is worse I reckon because it is having an impact on every game. Not only is it slowing the game but it's leading to more penalty goals. It'll be like union if it keeps going this way. The irony is they use the bin a lot in union. They also use it a lot in super league and not just for pro fouls but also fouls. It would only take two or three to stop the rot in the NRL. But it won't happen. The NRL has no idea and refs have no balls.

Yep I think sinbin should be used for the 3rd ruck penalty in a sequence on the goal line.

applesauce

Bench
Change it to 5 minute sin bin, or 2 sets of 6 off the field. The 10mins is the reason the refs are so reluctant.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Yes a couple of Parramatta goal line defensive efforts were begging for a sin binning. Incidents involving Gutherson and Beau Scott spring straight to mind.

You can put the sin bin in the bin as well. The NRL have become so scared shitless of negative press, they can't even enforce their own rules

They won't even enforce simple rules like stay onside and don't slow down the ruck for fear of the penalty count getting too high. Would really help to have a month of refs blowing the pea out of their whistles and penalising absolutely everything to get the players and coaches actually complying with rules.

And do the union thing with repeated infringements. After about 2-3 penalties its next bloke to give away a penalty gets a yellow card.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
That was a professional foul for your life, his reaction after holding down was like he knew he was going to get pinged for it.

Exactly, and yet flogs like the OP and his jester friend BennyV act like they don't know exactly what I'm talking about.