What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott appreciation thread

Bigfella

Coach
I'm pretty sure that my old Greek footy coach Pythagoras would suggest that semi played a pretty big part in Scott "running him down"

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'm pretty sure that my old Greek footy coach Pythagoras would suggest that semi played a pretty big part in Scott "running him down"

Agreed, but Scotty made sure he was there just in case. f**king awesome effort.
Since when have we had such an adrenaline rush from a defensive player pulling off the amazing?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually tackles and missed tackles say he offers plenty. Doesn't offer much in attack though, and I say this as someone who knew he would be a great signing.

Chipmunk

Coach
I always thought he was a bit overated. I officially have a man crush on him now.

If I had to be honest he's not a player I had watched alot of in the past, probably because he wasn't dangerous. Now he's at Parra it's very clear why he's been a staple in the Origin team... Enormous player. Defensively Hindmarshesque.

Chipmunk

Coach
Actually tackles and missed tackles say he offers plenty. Doesn't offer much in attack though, and I say this as someone who knew he would be a great signing.

Any player can attack. Those that can defend like Beau Scott are as rare as hens teeth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree that defenders like Scott are uncommon, but to say 'any player can attack' is an overstatement. There are plenty of good attacking players in reserve grade but there are also plenty of ordinary ones in first grade.

Chipmunk

Coach
I agree that defenders like Scott are uncommon, but to say 'any player can attack' is an overstatement. There are plenty of good attacking players in reserve grade but there are also plenty of ordinary ones in first grade.

But you'd agree that given a group of your average 17 players that will take the field in any given week, that the value of those that can predominantly defend probably out weighs the value of those that can just attack?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But you'd agree that given a group of your average 17 players that will take the field in any given week, that the value of those that can predominantly defend probably out weighs the value of those that can just attack?

I don't think there's many (if any) who play in the NRL each week who don't contribute in defence. But there are plenty who are easily replaced in attack.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tbh I reckon Beau's attack is fine - he has a good offload, and takes some tough runs when his mates are tired.

He will never be a 10m per run guy, but as long as he takes pressure off of Paulo, Ma'u, Wicks, Alvaro and Edwards, he's done his job.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

That run down of Tomy Trioukjnvaiyvgibv just shows that stats dont mean everything, it was a brilliant effort that wont show up at NRL Stats.

I reckon he could replace Hoppa on the wing for NSW.

ash411

Bench
That run down was inspiring. Anyone who doubts Beau Scotts value now definitely do not know what they are talking about.

T-Boon

Coach
Great play - game changing.
The statistics will just record it as a tackle, no different to someone who comes in fourth man and grabs a leg. The defensive stats should tell us more, like it should be recorded as a solo tackle, cover tackle and a forced fumble. Gordon should get a fumble recovery stat.
I've been watching a lot of American Football.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was thinking yesterday about the fact he used to play centre (he wore jersey 4 in his first two Origin games), and how his awareness and one-on-one defence made him a good defender despite being the slowest centre in the game. Then he did that to Trbojevic last night. He mightn't be explosive but his top speed isn't bad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great play - game changing.
The statistics will just record it as a tackle, no different to someone who comes in fourth man and grabs a leg. The defensive stats should tell us more, like it should be recorded as a solo tackle, cover tackle and a forced fumble. Gordon should get a fumble recovery stat.
I've been watching a lot of American Football.

Champion Data surprisingly didn't credit him with a try save.

strider

Post Whore
I know semi made trbojevic stumble a little but scott was going like a freight train when he arrived ... AND he dislodged the ball!!

The other thing i find amazing about scott is his effectiveness in nearly all tackles. He not only gets to his man and puts him down, instantly after first contact hes nearly always worked the guy into a bad position so he can dominate the tackle every time. Its quite uncanny. He's effective +1.

Latest posts