What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
well I hope the club gives choc the respect he deserves by officially announcing his retirement before we get all excited to be playing for points...

Agreed, and I hope they give him a big send off on Friday night, if his retirement comes through by then.

I realise he's only been with us a short time, but he did a lot of good while he was here, mainly off the field, and to retire when (in reality) he really didn't have to, was a big thing to do for the club, So he's earned himself a big send off..

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm preparing a statue to go along side Pricey

some would tell you he deserves it more than Pricey...

in all seriousness, I think choc's contribution to this club may turn out to have been much much bigger them people imagine...

yy_cheng

Coach
some would tell you he deserves it more than Pricey...

in all seriousness, I think choc's contribution to this club may turn out to have been much much bigger them people imagine...

DO you reckon he'll stay in any other capacity? Or he'll just enjoy his down time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
DO you reckon he'll stay in any other capacity? Or he'll just enjoy his down time.

There are very few players in this Comp you would offer a job to once their playing days are done and he in my opinion, fits that bill.. I think he's the sort of guy you can use the same way the dragons do with Wendell

Gronk

Staff member
League Unlimited NRL ‏@LeagueUnlimited 9m9 minutes ago
#NRL NEWS: Injunction on the #NRL by 5 @TheParraEels officials DROPPED, suspension now stands. #SalaryCap

El Diablo

Post Whore
@ChrisBarrett_
The injunction of five Parramatta officials from being suspended has been dropped. Their suspension stands. Hearing set for May 31

the situation is different though when the initial penalty was handed down the nrl ruled the board had to stand down or the eels would be playing for no points even if we were under the cap that ruling has now been changed

And that's fair enough. All that's changed now is the board has 28 days instead of what was originally mentioned. The NRL can still backdate / wipe out any points gained from the Souths game. That's the risk we run if the board can't prove its case when they reply to the NRL.

On a side note, The thing I think most people are forgetting is that the NRL can't forcibly remove our board members but it can sure as hell not award competition points if the board members are still there and if it's finally deemed that we have cheated. For Parra to acknowledge that we are trying to be cap compliant before the Souths game is an automatic admission of guilt.

Even though I believe everyone has a right to defend themselves. I really hope this doesn't turn into an ongoing legal case. It could take a long long time. For the clubs sakes it needs to end quickly.

84 Baby

Referee
And of course they mean the suspension stands once the NRL has heard the club's response and made their final determination because #proceduralfairness

Gronk

Staff member
And that's fair enough. All that's changed now is the board has 28 days instead of what was originally mentioned. The NRL can still backdate / wipe out any points gained from the Souths game. That's the risk we run if the board can't prove its case when they reply to the NRL.

On a side note, The thing I think most people are forgetting is that the NRL can't forcibly remove our board members but it can sure as hell not award competition points if the board members are still there and if it's finally deemed that we have cheated. For Parra to acknowledge that we are trying to be cap compliant before the Souths game is an automatic admission of guilt.

Even though I believe everyone has a right to defend themselves. I really hope this doesn't turn into an ongoing legal case. It could take a long long time. For the clubs sakes it needs to end quickly.

I reckon they will resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts