What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Another 100 or so posts and the thread is closed. It was only started last week, surely that is record for this site ?

Gronk

Staff member
Is this actually true ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-09-17-21-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-09-17-21-45.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 76

84 Baby

Referee
84 u think we could be brokering a deal with the NRL????
I get the feeling there was a lack/confusion of communication from NRL to GO5 that led to the court action and the court had to clarify the right info. Basically think NRL wasted our money.
But yeah may work in our favour with Schubert and rest of board trying to broker deal

I'm getting texts saying Schubert has confirmed that Watmough alone will not get us under the cap but I can't find a reference to this statement anywhere.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Yeah, Jennings predates Watmough.

But this does not mean we intended to be dodgy if we believed we were still under the cap. This would come down to us proving that the TPAs (or enough of them) were legitimate and shouldn't be counted.

84 Baby

Referee

But this does not mean we intended to be dodgy if we believed we were still under the cap. This would come down to us proving that the TPAs (or enough of them) were legitimate and shouldn't be counted.
Well NRL agrees with you reportedly. $700k from past 3 seasons rolled into this season to put us over $570k. Unless this years was more than $130k, then we were under cap

Yeah, but had it been the other way around, we could have pointed out that at no time were we over the cap.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors

Edit; already answered above

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I have a simple 2 part question, that I know won't get an official answer...

Did we (any of our current Board and/or Exec) KNOWINGLY attempt to break the salary cap compliance rules in order to exceed the salary cap limit and if so, do we as supporters think this is okay?

yy_cheng

Coach
I have a simple 2 part question, that I know won't get an official answer...

Did we (any of our current Board and/or Exec) KNOWINGLY attempt to break the salary cap compliance rules in order to exceed the salary cap limit and if so, do we as supporters think this is okay?

Well the Watmough one was one. The financial officer told them. Even if the numbers didn't push up over the cap, we didnt report it to be under the cap

No

yy_cheng

Coach
Is it because they didnt back date watmough and only counted it when the retirement was submitted to the nrl last week?

I still don't understand Schubert saying "throw some numbers up in the air and see what happens.""

Status
Not open for further replies.