What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
do we even know if Jennings TPA's were done by Parra?

i can't imagine why he would lose his Roosters ones just by changing clubs

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm actually not too fussed if we have to carry about $600k for next year in TPA's, and some in following seasons, under our salary cap.

In the past few years we've either paid more than that for players to play at other clubs in any given season or we've collectively paid a group of players more than that who were at the club who's value was collectively well below that what we were actually paying them.

With a few re-adjusted contracts and some astute purchases I can see us being a genuine Top 6 team next season.

It's annoying that we're probably going to have to do it, but it's not the end of the world.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I'm actually not too fussed if we have to carry about $600k for next year in TPA's, and some in following seasons, under our salary cap.

In the past few years we've either paid more than that for players to play at other clubs in any given season or we've collectively paid a group of players more than that who were at the club who's value was collectively well below that what we were actually paying them.

With a few re-adjusted contracts and some astute purchases I can see us being a genuine Top 6 team next season.

It's annoying that we're probably going to have to do it, but it's not the end of the world.

This.

If you can put past tpas on this year's cap then why can't you put future ones on it? Dock us 500 points, fine us a million bucks and crow about how it's the harshest punishment ever.

Parra

Referee
If you can put past tpas on this year's cap then why can't you put future ones on it? Dock us 500 points, fine us a million bucks and crow about how it's the harshest punishment ever.

They didn't think of this when they were making up tge rules as they went along.

T-Boon

Coach
I'd be fine with all of this if only the Bulldogs books, phones and emails were forensically examined for the period during which the Judge was in charge.

Because what's to stop a club signing up a shit-hot team for five years, getting busted in the first year, and then winning four straight premierships?

Didn't think of that one, did you? Idiot.

Have you considered the possibility that the NRL think that, by virtue of the system we were apparently operating, none of our existing TPAs were at arms length?

That is exactly what they think and exactly what our response would have to address the legitimacy of all TPA brokered while players have been at the Parramatta eels or used to get player to the club.

That is why the $840,000 was added to our cap putting us approx $650,000 over for this year. . . .

Now it is contingent on the club proving documentation to the NRL to clear said agreements, or at least try to.

The details in Today's paper no doubt come from the Breach notice and were put into the Sunday Paper to ensure maximum readership.

I would say there is at least 2 weeks more to go in this and if the club wants to pursue this outside of Todd Greenburg and the Integrity unit if the points penalty is greater that 4 we can take it to the NRL appeals committee, and who knows how long that will drag on for.

If such an appeal happens I would expect the clubs first press conference in many weeks on this issue outlining our case (Response to Breach notice) and why we are fighting the ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.