What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes NSW must make.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ill never understand anyone who think Josh Jackson is a SOO level footballer. He's a honest toiler at club level ffs.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. He offers literally nothing in attack and like, hmmm... I'd say all first grade second rowers, he can tackle a bit. He is the definition of ordinary.

Pedge1971

First Grade
This argument got players selected ahead of him who then proceeded to do everything BJ was supposed to be a huge risk of doing.

No supposed about it. Sure pick him for the dead rubber so we can look for a better solution next year with a clean slate.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
article on NRL.com

"Blues call for stability to break stranglehold" and quotes Greg Bird urging them to keep the gang together

:lol:

proves they have nfi what they are doing

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tedesco and Cartwright are absolute musts. Ryan James, too. Paulo off the bench if he's eligible would provide impact too.

Moylan has looked like a boy amongst men. He's so weak.

chigurh

article on NRL.com

"Blues call for stability to break stranglehold" and quotes Greg Bird urging them to keep the gang together

:lol:

proves they have nfi what they are doing

lol

Kind of unrelated but I remember a Daily Tele article from 2008, after NSW won game 1, hailing Greg Bird as the next Wally Lewis.

Last Week

Bench
lol

Kind of unrelated but I remember a Daily Tele article from 2008, after NSW won game 1, hailing Greg Bird as the next Wally Lewis.

I think that was Bob Fulton who said that. But if I recall, he didn't say Bird was as good, rather he was saying that Bird could play a similar role for NSW.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Will Teflon Tamou get picked again?

This man has done nothing in a Blues jersey and yet seems to be above criticism.

Geez Penrith played a lot of money for this pea heart. His Panthers deal is his retirement fund and he'll prove to be a massive dud.

BennyV

Referee
Can Frizell transfer his impact into the middle? That would be ideal as one replacement to the above cos then you can actually use all of Jackson, Graham and Cartwright.

The other 5 middle forwards? There's Klemmer and Fifita who should be selected again as they've shown the goods for NSW. That still leaves another 3 new middle forwards/props to be selected. They have to be found and they have to be good cos they've got to be the ones consistently getting QLD on the back foot set after set, and being able to defend competently around the ruck.

and of course, there needs to be a new hooker to bring it all together.

I'm not overly convinced that Friz has the same impact in the middle. I'm sure his natural ability and power would make him serviceable, but his strength comes from hitting gaps and running the right angles. I know you say that 'any bums that halves can get running into holes will be enough' but that's only true to a certain extent; otherwise, any back rower would do! The added bonus you get from the likes of Cordner and Frizell is an actual ability to pick the right line to run, take the ball at speed and hit the gap. Sounds simple, but keeping one eye on the defence and one on the ball carrier is a skill, especially when the halves don't create the gaps for you!

As for the middle forwards, NSW have options. THe problem is that they've stuck it out with the likes of Tamou, Gallen, Woods, even Merrin (who isn't that bad a choice but has been used terribly in the past). In addition to Fifita and Klemmer, they should be looking at James, Paulo, Vaughn, Merrin and figuring out the best combination of workhorses and impact.

Dave_

Juniors
Daley should be the first sacked before game 3, followed by G.Bird, Mansour, Jennings, Ferguson, Maloney, Reynolds, Farah, Walker and Moylan.

Gallen stays only because it's his last game and he has given his all and deserves it...however, he is told by new coach to play to his strengths and quit being so overbearing on everything he does.

We don't allow duds bank into the team who have proven to be plodders in the past ie. Cordner, J.Reynolds, Ennis...

Morris and Tedesco in. More Jack Bird somewhere too. Please God, NO to BlowJob Leilua...imagine the brain explosions...ughh...

More Frizell types thanks, he's impressive as I knew he would be. Can we just punch someone in the head (Boyd will do) in the first set? God, I know it's wrong but man, something is really missing from Origin as a spectacle now.

Finally, bring back Joey Johns.

Dave_

Juniors
Can someone tell me why Mansour even gets a look in and why everyone is still selection him in their teams? What does he offer?

betcats

Referee
Why does Gallen deserve a send off? Piss the hog off he should be happy with the games he got given how much losing we did on his watch.

Latest posts