What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

Gronk

Staff member
Everything to do with Foran has been a disaster. From the plumbers contract negotiations and release clauses right up to the Foran himself turning out to be an absolute disaster professionally and personally.

I hope the merkin signs with the dogs song can hate him more.

Mumble mumble ...plumber ....mumble mumble ....merkin....mumble......straight jacket ...mumble

strider

Post Whore
I will say he turned out a dud .... but our team IS a tougher bunch of merkins this year .... maybe we can attribute all of that to BA and Beau

amitropo

Juniors
Just curious, not that we would need him back,
But can a player be released due to his circumstances then can he sign with the same team after rehabilitation again down the track 6months, 1 year etc on new contract and tpa's thus not impacting future cap ?

emjaycee

Coach
With all due respect to Avenger and his gut, I don't think we would have bought Foran if we had known in advance the level of issues that might have and did occur in 2016 with him.

Avenger may well have had some information that the rest of us (and possibly the club) were not aware of regarding Foran when we signed him which supports his prediction but doesn't really justify the current gloating.

I also stand by the fact that apart from 2 games immediately following his relationship breakup, the rest of the games Foran missed were physical injury related which could have happened to any player, regardless of their price tag. So if Foran doesn't miss Round 1 because we decided to rehabilitate his hamstring (if that was the case) and didn't have a season ending injury in round 12 or 13, would he still be the worst signing in the clubs history? Maybe at his price tag but you can't blame him for what we were prepared to pay him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Foran left the eels sighting personal issues and has or is very close to signing with the dogs he deserves to be bashed pillar to post IMO.
The Dogs allowed Hopoate to take flexible work arrangements for personal reasons. They are probably offering Foran the same. Meanwhile Arthur is unlikely to believe in exceptions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd say Whatmong was a bigger dud then Foran, Watmough added nothing but mistakes and penalties.

But i am forgetting his amazing leadership in training and what he brought off the field........

Scott and Guth have been our best buys since Morro.

Bazal

Post Whore
If Foran left the eels sighting personal issues and has or is very close to signing with the dogs he deserves to be bashed pillar to post IMO.

No one but Foran knows the truth of the matter, therefore what's the point in judging him for it? He was clearly having major personal issues, that much is obvious.

But I'm not going to debate mental illness with anyone on here tbh. As a general rule I find that 99% of posters on LU are absolute dinosaurs at best when it comes to that particular subject....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say Whatmong was a bigger dud then Foran, Watmough added nothing but mistakes and penalties.

But i am forgetting his amazing leadership in training and what he brought off the field........

Scott and Guth have been our best buys since Morro.
Watmough was twice the attacking player Scott is, and comparable in defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watmough was twice the attacking player Scott is, and comparable in defence.
lol, yeah in about 2009. Last year he offered SFA but mistakes and penalties. Oh and great off field leadership.

You still believe that Watmough was much better for us than Scott?? lol

strider

Post Whore
I honestly think its a combination of several hard heads ... BA, Watmough, Foran and Scott ... and maybe even IDG .... individually just one different hard merkin ... combined makes you waana fit in with em

Latest posts